Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #346
ricochetrider
a certain something

Oddometer: 1,806
I have a 1993 R100RS. The only comparison I have was a 1988 R100RT but I like the RS far more than I did the RT.
Seems like it has more oomph. I've only had the mono levers so I wouldn't know what the previous models rode like, but I like my 93. Comfy and zippy. Carries me & my GF and all our stuff with relative ease.
ricochetrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #347
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Squared View Post
I am selling my 92 R100R some time soon.
Many of you have seen pics here before.

I bought a K100 RS Turbo And I have 4 other bikes.

No pics yet, but $3300 sound about right?

Just throwing it out there. Gonna try to sell for real in a month or so.

You ever sell that bike?

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #348
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,028
I just spent the last hour going through old R100R threads and this one hit me as being one of the best. It's worth reviving.

I was recently considering the purchase of a '74 R90S basket case - one that is missing many very expensive parts. I decided to do my homework on these very desirable machines and found myself straying back to the idea of getting a '92 - '95 R100R and throwing an 'S' fairing on it instead. I've been sorting my spare parts cache and I'm amazed at what I have on hand to keep a pair of late model R100s going indefinitely. So I am now actively looking for a garage mate for my '94 R100GS.

Is anyone seeing any of these low mileage R100R's for sale in their area anymore? I can say that I am coming up short in my hunt - not that I'm in a hurry here - I can wait until the right machine comes along. Tell me what you're seeing out there.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #349
tennessee thumper OP
now in Mt. View, AR

Oddometer: 699
One of my favorite runs of the airhead for sure. Refined yet maintains the simplicity we all love about the model.

They are out there to buy but I have not seen too many as of late.

You know this but... keep a close eye on Cycle Trader, Craigslist, Ebay, IBMWR, MOA Flea market even some dealer sites for trade ins. You'll almost always pay more thru a dealer than a private sale. Repsycle (sp?)BMW in Ohio always has an interesting lot of airheads for sale as well.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find. I'll PM if I see anything.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #350
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee thumper View Post
One of my favorite runs of the airhead for sure. Refined yet maintains the simplicity we all love about the model.

They are out there to buy but I have not seen too many as of late.

You know this but... keep a close eye on Cycle Trader, Craigslist, Ebay, IBMWR, MOA Flea market even some dealer sites for trade ins. You'll almost always pay more thru a dealer than a private sale. Repsycle (sp?)BMW in Ohio always has an interesting lot of airheads for sale as well.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find. I'll PM if I see anything.
I've been checking Craigslist, Ebay, IBMWR and a few local dealers - I'll wait until the right one comes along. Now that the R90S idea is out of my brain, I will tend to focus more on this area of pursuit.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #351
gooz
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
just thought I'd share a few pics of my r100r at the top of Ophir pass from my recent western trip, 2 up!! bike did just fine, just have to take your time and remember it's not a dirt bike

I'm curious, did you have to rejet the bings on the way up and down? I just got myself an r100r, live at sea level and at 8000ft and wonder if I need two sets of jets.
gooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #352
Vagabond_Explorer
Relax_Unwind_Chill

Oddometer: 141
Mystic Top Case and/or backrest luggage rack

Hi All,

I just took delivery today of a beautiful 1995 R100R Mystic.

Does anyone know how I can mount a Top Case and/or backrest luggage rack for 2 up touring? Does Ventura or Reynolds make racks for Top Cases or back rests?

Many Thanks
Vagabond_Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:56 AM   #353
Jim Day
full manic mechanic

Oddometer: 705
Love mine. What get's me is the power of the engine and how smooth the transmission is. It's almost too easy to shift compared to my R65 and R75/6. I would love to get another one and build a traditional looking Cafe with it, but for now I'm very happy with the one I have.
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #354
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,083
what's the deal with the front end Jim? What size wheel is that?

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #355
Jim Day
full manic mechanic

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
what's the deal with the front end Jim? What size wheel is that?
It's a 2013 DRZ400SM supermoto fork with a stock 17 inch DRZ400SM front wheel, I also extended the rear shock roughly an inch so the bike now sits as high as a GS. I wanted to make the bike a little tougher for touring, a bike that could run the same tire front and rear, do some dirt, but that still handled well on the pavement.

I'm running roughly the same size tires front and rear 120/90-17 front and a 130/90-17 rear, but would probably run both 120s on a long trip. I'm pretty happy with how it handles. I consider it a upgrade. Though slightly different I think it actually rides better now on the pavement then it did before I changed the fork.

Jim Day screwed with this post 07-02-2014 at 11:09 AM
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #356
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond_Explorer View Post
Hi All,

Does anyone know how I can mount a Top Case and/or backrest luggage rack for 2 up touring? Does Ventura or Reynolds make racks for Top Cases or back rests?

Many Thanks
Google ....

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts....614-01-01.html

bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #357
Vagabond_Explorer
Relax_Unwind_Chill

Oddometer: 141
Thanks bikecat. I saw this and the Ventura version but was wondering what else is out there.
Vagabond_Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #358
tennessee thumper OP
now in Mt. View, AR

Oddometer: 699
Sure you could wrangle something to fit the rear cowl on the Mystic, though it is a bit small and would require some modification and drilling.

Another option might be obtaining a rear subframe from an R100R. Those have more room to attach a aftermarket rack or suitcase type box or a backrest.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #359
Isaak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I have a mystic. Last night I lifted off the seat and rear fairing to see what was down there. I think the way I am going to go is get a rear frame from any r100r or r100gs 92-95 and put it on as a base for a new seat and rack. Note. If you have a used one let me know! I want to keep the original "stock" mystic back end for if I ever sell the bike as the mystic was a limited run bike. I don't want 2 up touring though, I think I will go for a gunfighter style seat, black leather tank cover, new black front mudguards. Should look pretty good. love riding the mystic though. Good fun stable airhead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #360
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond_Explorer View Post
Hi All,

Many Thanks
For Mystic there is the rear rack too:

bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote