Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #12496
d33t
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Resi, sorry if I'm wrong, but I think that it's from you i bought the header is not so long ago? For SR43
d33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #12497
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33t View Post
800rider: "...and shows some pics we think are distinct to were we live..." - here some "culture" photo as i think (sorry, but they without DR and you can see all of them through previous photos by clicking on it and traversing through album, only problem - is interface as i think). A little tip: if you click on photo, on it's page you can see label like "В другом размере", this is picture size changing link.

Some typical old city (about 900 years old). The city is Vologda (for those who want to find it on the map)

Hope that i understood you correctly and you want to see such kind of photos. Anyway may be it can be intresting for somebody and i'm sorry if they not "fit" to thread theme
Thanks for that, you can only have so many shots of Bigs and I'd encourage others to show some Hometown shots
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #12498
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resi View Post
Regarding to losing DRs weight:

As long as my belly rubs on the gas tanks the bike isn't too heavy

@800rider: Yeah, some background info's of the riders area would be great, I love to take a look over the rim of a tea cup (or rather a bottleneck instead of)

Cheers,
Lars
I shall see what I can find, usely I have my hands full trying to just hang on to Mr Big in there (my freinds call it whale and keep well away incase they get crushed ) so not many picture of actual trails

Will post bits as I find them
OK this is the car park and no I didn't ride KT around there (I may be a little crazy but I'm not that stupid)

Its a big pine forest so reasonably sheltered

You just feel away from it all when you pull up here even though its only 45min from the city centre

A great playground even for the young,

I've been going here for over 30 years now (they move it every 5 years or so around the forest) and it is ridable all year round and often better in the winter as the sand packs down,. I have taken vidio while riding the Big around here but camera was not high enough so you would get sick if I published it (will have to try again) The DR will do the more open tracks and is a match for the motorcrossers there but the tighter stuff requires a 70kg weight reduction and my YZ290F is the tool for those

Park promotional Video

The DR would be able to do the section below with a new rear nobblie tire, the last 30sec of this video is one of my favourite parts and I'm guessing I've travelled it 100s of time reaching speeds of around 100kph on a brave day

MCmad screwed with this post 03-02-2012 at 01:59 PM
Old 03-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #12499
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33t View Post
Resi, sorry if I'm wrong, but I think that it's from you i bought the header is not so long ago? For SR43
You're right, mate :)

Cheers,
Lars
Resi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #12500
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Nave, sorry guy, your mis-typing is just so great: mudification! You made my day!
Isn't this, what we do to our Bigs from time to time: cover it with mud.

I'm going to spend tomorrow at Stefan Hessler's training. He will tell and show us some wizzardry concerning service and repair of our Bigs. I'll meet about 25 or 30 friends from our German forum there, including Resi. Plus: I think (know!) we'll do some fast training-laps in the 500 cc-class this evening ...
Kind regards, Bambi
We have a crazy winter over here... so much mud... i'm too chicken to even try... It's better to sit next to the stove
as for mistyping- try to read the posts with the accent of the writer when i read steffans e-mail i can't aviod it

great weekend all!
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #12501
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resi View Post
I think it's selfmade, isn't it?

@Bambi: 500cc weiss beer class, eh?

Semi-professional or top-fuel??

SCNR,
LarS

BTW: I'll come in tomorrow early morning, I don't like german autobahn on friday rush hour ;)
It's self made!
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #12502
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,829
Its been a bit wet here lately.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #12503
MCmad OP
Banned

I've seen that on the news, man you guys having been getting it bad
Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #12504
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider View Post
I've seen that on the news, man you guys having been getting it bad
Mark the ground now is water logged, the flooding has been worse a few years back, that creek is at my back fence and the height is equall to the 100 year flood height, but in town there has been quite a few road closures and other parts of the district have seen worse , cheers.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #12505
yuvalbo1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Hey friends
yesterday I went for ridung with my new big On the first time.
I'm in love!
a lot of fun with the big beast.

http://

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yuvalbo1 screwed with this post 03-08-2012 at 04:01 PM
yuvalbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #12506
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 682
Hello to all,
I'm back home since midnight.
It's been a great day with lots of old and new friends from our forum. As I've been one of the about 25 learners I didn't have too much time to take pics of details. This job should have been done by Resi. His been there more like an observer and back-up for Stefan. I've been busy learning as much as possible about setting the balancer's chain, tappet-clearing, float-height in the carbs, taking apart the front-fork and and and ... It's not that I never did it, but I'm somebody who learns best when being shown the essentials once. I did a lot of pics during the breaks and I'll show you some of them.
To shed some light on the evening before: yes, it's been 500 cc weiss-beer-class. It's been amateur's class, I didn't set a new record. But felt fine in the morning and I was able to learn, that's the most important point.
Kind regards, Bambi

Bambi screwed with this post 03-04-2012 at 07:30 AM
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #12507
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 682
Hello again,
am I right that the possibility to add pics to your posting has been changed. As far as I remember, there has been the symbol of a paper-clip ... please help me out as I don't have an online foto-book and don't want to start one.
Regards, Bambi
Old 03-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #12508
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,928
Yes, the photo upload procedure has been changed.

The owner of the site (who pays for it himself) altered the site so the "paperclip" method of uploading photos is no longer possible.

I'm not a huge computer guy but the way I understand it is that previously all the data for the photos was stored on the servers owned by ADVrider.

The site has grown so large that the shear number of photos was slowing the server time down dramatically. The decision was made to allow photos only from "off-site" sources.

This means that you'll have to load your photos onto another website that supports this.....then import them here.

You can do this 2 ways.

Once you have your photos on another site you can select the data from the other site that gives the URL of the photos and simply post the URL on your thread. This will require the viewer to shift to that URL to view the photos and the photos themselves will not be visible in your thread.

OR

You can select the part of your photo storage site (all are a bit different) that allows you to import the photo here. Then click on the small yellow sqare (it has a symbol of the mountain and a sun in it). Paste the data from the photo site here and your photo should appear.

Check your chosen photo site for the SIZE of the photo you are posting. Very high resolution photos are nice when details are important but take a LONG time to load for readers in areas with slow internet speeds so loading 10 or 12 huge photos is NOT being kind to them.

A bit of trial-and-error is usually necessary but it's simple once you learn it.

Use the "preview post" function below to make certain your photo will appear correctly before posting.

So.....it's the same thing.....only different
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #12509
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,928
Size matters

Since all you guys got back from Stefans, maybe this is a good time to ask a specialized question.

Is the inside diameter of the standard SR41 exhaust head pipe 43mm?

Larger?

Smaller?

Resi, what inside diameter do you use?

And.....is bigger really better? (No ladies on this site to my knowledge)
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #12510
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Ray, AFAIK is the outer diameter about 42mm, but the production process in these days wasn't that good like nowadays. This causes a unsteady pipe diameter and slight flattings in the 1st 180 bend.
I use 45x1.5mm stainless steel pipe (42mm inner) for my headers.

To get the right diameter some things have to be incorporated:

Which carbs do I use?
Which exhaust?
Is the camshaft a stock one?

For stock DR I think a 45mm pipe should be okay, even on DR with slight mods.
When using 36mm pumpers, a really hot cam and maybe a race exhaust, the headers should be at 48mm or 50mm outer diameter. The more you get into the engine, the more has to get out.

Greater diameter of a pipe causes a slower speed of exhaust gas and a pressure drop.
Lowering diameter causes a higher speed of exhaust and a pressure rise.
Allways provided that e.g. the engine is run under same conditions.

Cheers,
Lars

BTW: As Bambi mentioned I used toi be the paparazzi-guy ;)
I'll post some pictures after uploading them to my site
Resi is online now   Reply With Quote