Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #106
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,766
great thread.I cant understand all the bashing....
Old 03-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #107
SenorPeligro
Proper Naughty

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
great thread.I cant understand all the bashing....
Yeah seriously.

Nice work dude.

Video Antics
Where am I Riding?
Baja Blitz Yard Sale
SenorPeligro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #108
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
The last Touratech Hp2e rear luggage rack was mine. I bolted it on the bike and it clashed with the whole color scheme so.... I dropped it off at Powdercoating of Orlando. When I picked the two pieces up today and they were still warm. Way...way better. The gloss black matches the swingarm and final drive....good call Patton!

My "Burnt up pile of scrap" is really starting to come together. I'm am dead set on a gauge cluster with a tach. Do I spring for a HP2MM one for $943.70 or grab a r1200s tach off ebay for shorty money. Looks just as good with the white gauge faces just no logo on the faces. Any input would be good with me fellas.

HOO-RAH

Your fellow HARDCORE BMW INMATE
If you're gonna keep the bike, do what you want. If you're going to sell it, I'd go with the HP cluster.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #109
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 958
I tried to install a R1200GS tachy on my HP2E.
Display said '300 km of fuel autonomy' or something like that (which is not possible, max 200 km with a full tank).

I think that other tachys are not aware of the fact that the HP2E or MM tank is only 13 liters and when the tachy has a signal of 'full tank', it considers (in my example) 20 liters present (tank of GS).

So, go for a MM tachy or original, you can sometimes find one on Ebay.
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #110
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
New fresh pictures just taken!

Someone wanna do me a solid and post'em . Trying to figure it out eludes me.

Thanks in advance,

Doug
moosemeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #111
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,851

Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #112
Jonesky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Dude that bike looks great. Now maybe paint up that dog so it matches...
Jonesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #113
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

After going through my receipts, I went back to "CAPTAIN" Bobby's post (The authority on everything HP2 Enduro and Lord of BMW Motorrad retail sales) and realized "his doubled estimates" are way the hell off! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I estimate in 3 weeks you awsome supporters of my project will see the youtube video of it running.

Thanks again
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #114
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,692
Quote:
After going through my receipts, I went back to "CAPTAIN" Bobby's post (The authority on everything HP2 Enduro and Lord of BMW Motorrad retail sales) and realized "his doubled estimates" are way the hell off! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I estimate in 3 weeks you awsome supporters of my project will see the youtube video of it running.

Thanks again
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, have you actually ridden the bike yet let alone put 1000+ miles to let any underlying issue rear their ugly head? You've powder coated one HP2, i've rebuilt 3 personally and have had well over 20-30 apart in the shop, still want to think you've got it all figured out? Don't take it personal that I declined your offer, glad someone else earned your business. Just name your race venue or dyno if you want to compare manhood

The only way to have correct mileage and low fuel range work properly on the replacement tach is to buy brand new Hp2E or MM tach that's never been hooked up/installed and find a BMW master certified tech who know's how to force the mileage onto the new cluster if you're concerned with such trivial things, it's always going to have a rebuilt title status (at least through carfax) so maybe reflecting actual mileage is not really a concern.

I tend to plan for the worse and hope for the best, thus my estimates. But I still won't offer you whatever you have in it if it makes you feel any better.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #115
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I knew I would hit a sore spot with that last post. Whooopsy Daisy!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #116
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Quote:
I knew I would hit a sore spot with that last post. Whooopsy Daisy!
I think it's comical, you're obviously more of a visual/arts kinda guy. No way I would (or any experienced mechanic) dumped $2-3k in powder coating and Carbon fiber without knowing all of the mechanical and electronics are indeed operating. More power to you to just assume everything will be fine "because there was unburnt gasoline still in the tank"

If you think you've got me sore,............you're truly an idiot

To each his own and glad you're happy, but don't be looking for my approval or anyone else's here for that matter, it's evident you're in need of such things.

I'm sure everyone here would respect some ride reports with the bike actually going somewhere

And you're welcome on the lil nugget on the gauge cluster there Moose
Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #117
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Look at the garage door in the background. You'll see half of my grade reports from MMI. 4.0 gpa SON! I will be in the Yamaha program in 8 weeks then off to BMW MOTORRAD where I get my level 3 certification. Oh and full use of the school's resourses and BMW Computer Systems.

After the title is cleared on the sickest looking HP2E in the USA, it will get Wossner h/c pistons, r1200s heads and throttle bodies (installed my yours truely), and Max Stratton's special computer mapping (he writes them himself) from MAXBMW (the number ONE BMW dealership in the USA) in New Hampshire, new headers and exhaust. "The Authority on HP2's " has no idea how motivated I am after the first smack talking started in April. I'd like to say a few other things but I don't want to get banned again for 30 days!

OOO-F...in-RAH!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #118
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Quote:
Look at the garage door in the background. You'll see half of my grade reports from MMI. 4.0 gpa SON! I will be in the Yamaha program in 8 weeks then off to BMW MOTORRAD where I get my level 3 certification. Oh and full use of the school's resourses and BMW Computer Systems.

After the title is cleared on the sickest looking HP2E in the USA, it will get Wossner h/c pistons, r1200s heads and throttle bodies (installed my yours truely), and Max Stratton's special computer mapping (he writes them himself) from MAXBMW (the number ONE BMW dealership in the USA) in New Hampshire, new headers and exhaust. "The Authority on HP2's " has no idea how motivated I am after the first smack talking started in April. I'd like to say a few other things but I don't want to get banned again for 30 days!

OOO-F...in-RAH!!!!
Bring it,...............oh and they don't train you how to do what you need to for the MM gauge install onto the HP2 E fyi. Say hi to Gerald for me and I'll be sure to let him know you're comming, I'm sure he'll have fun with you.

So whatever happened with those R12S wheels you tried to use? Not exactly a good idea to have a 16mm offset in drive tire to steer tire huh?

Ask Max how those two Wassner pistons sounded as a stock G450X piston flew by at 80mph at Sandblast,..........he won't share the GoPro footage,....wonder why??????????????

Some Dude screwed with this post 03-03-2012 at 04:59 PM
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #119
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh

LOLOLOL

I think I just heard a toilet flush
Old 03-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #120
Idle