ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #676
azshtr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldog View Post
Pissaterria?
Univeral, and not difficult.
Crapatorium?
__________________
Azshtr
Fighting to keep our lands open.
azshtr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #677
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,185
Ok.....got something in the mail today....

I'm curious to hear what people think of this.....

so to fix my bike, for two years of my time, and getting rammed by a blender..... I got $3500
__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #678
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,338
You know what I think. It's too low.


BUT, what you have to decide is whether it's worth your time, stress, etc. to go forward. That's YOUR decision to make because no one else (except Mrs. Pasta) has to deal with the stress, anxiety, etc.


There is a value to buying your peace and moving on . . .
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #679
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
You know what I think. It's too low.


BUT, what you have to decide is whether it's worth your time, stress, etc. to go forward. That's YOUR decision to make because no one else (except Mrs. Pasta) has to deal with the stress, anxiety, etc.


There is a value to buying your peace and moving on . . .
well if its including a lawyer like you told me before, then it would be just their headache, right?
__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #680
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
well if its including a lawyer like you told me before, then it would be just their headache, right?
Heeeeyyyy wait a minute . . .


Yours too big guy.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #681
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Heeeeyyyy wait a minute . . .


Yours too big guy.
oh it wouldnt be YOUR headache... I already have a guy that lives in the same county that the courthouse is in....
__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #682
4wheeldog
Beastly Adventurer
 
4wheeldog's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: 7200' NM
Oddometer: 12,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
Ok.....got something in the mail today....

I'm curious to hear what people think of this.....

so to fix my bike, for two years of my time, and getting rammed by a blender..... I got $3500
Did you actually get a check? Or just a judgement? Because they ain't the same thing. Good luck on collecting.

I think you just have to eat it, put it behind you. You got screwed. You could smear 'em in the press, but you aren't getting any more money. The law clerk added your best guess to their offer, and divided by three, because he didn't have a clue. Sorry for your loss.
__________________
Sometimes a man has got to do what a woman wouldn't even consider.
4wheeldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #683
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!
 
Roadracer_Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Oddometer: 1,495
That hardly seems satisfactory.

Maybe they googled "already busted BMW" to do their price comps.

a
__________________
------------------------------
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
------------------------------
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #684
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldog View Post
Did you actually get a check? Or just a judgement? Because they ain't the same thing. Good luck on collecting.

I think you just have to eat it, put it behind you. You got screwed. You could smear 'em in the press, but you aren't getting any more money. The law clerk added your best guess to their offer, and divided by three, because he didn't have a clue. Sorry for your loss.
Nah just got a paper. Who knows how long it will take
__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #685
SenorPeligro
Proper Naughty
 
SenorPeligro's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Off the wrong map
Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldog View Post
Did you actually get a check? Or just a judgement? Because they ain't the same thing. Good luck on collecting.

I think you just have to eat it, put it behind you. You got screwed. You could smear 'em in the press, but you aren't getting any more money. The law clerk added your best guess to their offer, and divided by three, because he didn't have a clue. Sorry for your loss.
I think it sucks balls. But this. ^^^

edit: "The moment that justice must be paid for by the victim of injustice it becomes itself injustice."
__________________
It's just good clean dirt.

Video Antics
Where am I Riding?
Baja Blitz Yard Sale

SenorPeligro screwed with this post 03-02-2012 at 11:56 PM
SenorPeligro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #686
DCrider
Live from THE Hill
 
DCrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 4,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPeligro View Post
I think it sucks balls. But this. ^^^

edit: "The moment that justice must be paid for by the victim of injustice it becomes itself injustice."
+1000, no justice, that just blows
__________________
ADV'ing from America's fine Crapital...
DCrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #687
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride
 
RAGBrian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Wildwood, MO
Oddometer: 950
Wasn't the maximum you could get was $5000.00? Then you got 70% of that.

Should have been 100%.

Good luck on getting your money from the city in a timely manner. Is that part spelled out in the judgement? (i.e. within 30 days)
__________________
RAGBrian :: NC700X ::1978 CX500 Standard :: 1976 CB360T ::
"Going where you don't belong, I decided a long time ago, is the root of all misery and the soul of all adventure." - Peter Egan
RAGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #688
Mac
Beastly Adventurer
 
Mac's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 2,116
So why didn't you just claim the damages against your own full coverage insurance?

Or was the wasted time and ass-pain worth it?
__________________
Mac
R1200GSA | 690E | 300XCW
RMAR President - Website FaceBook
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #689
4wheeldog
Beastly Adventurer
 
4wheeldog's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: 7200' NM
Oddometer: 12,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGBrian View Post
Wasn't the maximum you could get was $5000.00? Then you got 70% of that.

Should have been 100%.

Good luck on getting your money from the city in a timely manner. Is that part spelled out in the judgement? (i.e. within 30 days)
I believe he was going for the $7500 maximum. CA costs more than MO.
__________________
Sometimes a man has got to do what a woman wouldn't even consider.
4wheeldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #690
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
oh it wouldnt be YOUR headache... I already have a guy that lives in the same county that the courthouse is in....
Allright, but if you need me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldog View Post
I believe he was going for the $7500 maximum. CA costs more than MO.
Truth.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014