ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
The 2012 Flint Hills Stampede ....

The 8th Annual Flint Hills Stampede is 'locked and loaded' for June 29 - July 1, 2012. Past event have been attended by dualsport riders from across the country, and this coming year we expect to see even more regions represented.

Attendance is limited to around 125 riders, and we offer guided rides though the tallgrass prairie and woodlands with technical difficulties ranging from mild to wild.

See / read reports from the 2011 Flint Hills Stampede

To learn more about the 2012 Stampede Flint Hills Stampede

Hope you get to ride with us next June!

Best, Wind Sprinter
Wind Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 97,890
I've admired and wanted to go along on these rides for years. I'd love to go along on one of the scenic or intermediate pace rides. But I don't want to have to get involved in the competition to get registered for a ride. Have there ever been GPS tracks made available for some of the routes so people can ride these areas at their own pace and timing?

I've got those days off next spring. I'd love to go along, but it's hard for me to commit to things so far out in advance, because things constantly change at work.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
I've admired and wanted to go along on these rides for years. I'd love to go along on one of the scenic or intermediate pace rides. But I don't want to have to get involved in the competition to get registered for a ride. Have there ever been GPS tracks made available for some of the routes so people can ride these areas at their own pace and timing?

I've got those days off next spring. I'd love to go along, but it's hard for me to commit to things so far out in advance, because things constantly change at work.
Yes .... if you go to the 'gallery' page on the BTKS site, you'll find map downloads in PDF format with GPS callouts on many of the ride reports done in the past couple of years. For reference, the Stampede is held in the central Flint Hills, so look for rides that have been made in that region.

Hope this info helps .....

Best, Wind Sprinter
Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 97,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Sprinter View Post
Yes .... if you go to the 'gallery' page on the BTKS site, you'll find map downloads in PDF format with GPS callouts on many of the ride reports done in the past couple of years. For reference, the Stampede is held in the central Flint Hills, so look for rides that have been made in that region.

Hope this info helps .....

Best, Wind Sprinter

Thanks!
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

What A Stampede Looks Like ....

Thought y'all might like to see what we saw and experienced last year .... it was a hoot!

Best, Wind Sprinter
Old 12-15-2011, 03:53 AM   #6
KLEO Ken
Da Beekeeper

Oddometer: 127
Stampede

Riding the backroads of Kansas is like going back in time. Makes you feel like a cowboy riding the plains.
If you are looking for an new riding experience The Flint hills of Kansas will not disappoint. It's a ride I never miss and once you ride it you will feel the same.
KLEO Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #7
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post

Yep---me too-----I have no idea of where I'll be or what I'll be doing that far in advance.

Also I'd much rather ride in that area ---------much earlier--or much later in the year.

Thanks Wind Sprinter !!!!!!!

Mark
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
Kingrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Good morning,
There was some questions about video available. If you go to the Backroads Touring - Kansas website and go to the Gallery you'll find pictures and video. The webmaster does a great job of putting together the video clips and dubbing in some very good soundtracks. Be sure to have your speakers on.

I've been to the Stampede four years in a row now. I enjoy the event enough that I already have the 2012 event on my calendar and make sure not to plan over the top of it. Being a native Kansan I can tell you that the time of year will be good. It will be warm to hot, but not unbearable yet. We will have gotten past the spring rains which have plagued us in past years. It will make for good camping and great riding. Oh, and the BBQ on Saturday night along with the home made ice cream is very good!

Merry Christmas
Kingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Registration

Just a quick note ....

Registration forms will become available no later than April 1, 2012.

When available, you'll be able to download the registration PDF from this page: 2012 Flint Hills Stampede

The form can be filled out onscreen and printed from Adobe Reader, which helps make the Stampede Data Entry Clerks very happy!

..... And We Thank You For Your Support!

Wind Sprinter
Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 211
Me and the dizzer are going to give the Stampede a go this year. Are knobbies recommended? I have Metzler Saharas on it now for commuting duty. I am planning on the Scenic ride this year.
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
Me and the dizzer are going to give the Stampede a go this year. Are knobbies recommended? I have Metzler Saharas on it now for commuting duty. I am planning on the Scenic ride this year.
The Saharas should be fine on the scenic routes, you'll mostly be on well maintained gravel roads. I've led several rides at the Stampede and riden them all, the more advanced rides look for the "minimum maintenance" roads and go a quicker pace but unless it rains quite a bit the sahara's would work on those too. And since the Stampede is a little later this year rain is less likely, I personally run D606 knobbys. The good thing about the scenic rides is a well maintained gravel road dries out suprisingly fast if it happens to rain a bit.
Glad to hear you guys will make it from Missouri, we always have great time at camp and riding and the bbq is always good!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #12
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 211
Thanks. I amy or may not switch them out. The Saharas are so much quieter on the road than knobbies.

It sounds great. Can't wait.

PS...I ordered one of your stands too. They look like they work well.

Avi8tor screwed with this post 03-03-2012 at 07:11 AM
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
Twerpymoon
n00b

Oddometer: 1
The stand is first rate. I got one at the Stampede last year and while I was fortunate enough not to need it for a flat, it worked fantastic when I switched out front sprockets. I had a hoot last year and am really looking forward to this year.
Twerpymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #14
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Registration

Registration has begun and we're already at 10% completion before registration closes on or before the end of May!

To download a flyer and/or a registration form, just follow the Yellow Brick Road!

If you can't find a road matching that particular color and surface, you could always try the: The Official 2012 Flint Hills Stampede page.

Hope to seeya in June!

Best ... Wind Sprinter
Old 06-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,937
I'm only 2 or 3 hours away. I would come IF......it was a month an a half sooner, or 3 months later.

Any particular reason why you wait until one of the hottest months of the year to do this ride?
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote