ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #45676
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Bought my 2008 wr in sept. 2011 with 5000 miles for $2250. The day I got it.

I agree the one on CL is over priced.
You stole yours for sure!

My main concern with the ad is who in their right friggen mind would purposely make a bike they are selling unridable? It sounds to me like he is trying to hide something. Maybe it is missing 2nd gear or jumps out of 3rd? Scares me.

Reminds me of the old used car tricks like.."runs great, just has an exhaust manifold leak" Rightttt, it also masks the slight rod knock. lol
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #45677
cannonrider
Backroad Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Was that you a few days ago in the green Ford truck with ADV stickers on it, in Uhrichsville?
Yea I was on my way over to Tusky to visit my Dad.I will have to get some stickers from you for the V-strom next trip up.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #45678
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Anyone on here ride the blue V-Strom with hard (happy trails?) panniers parked at the sporting goods store in Norton?

Just saw it whilst coming home from a fried bologna lunch....
I would wager that is James, the owner of the store. He used to be a cruiser rider but got a Strom 6 or 8 months ago. Nice guy,

Edit, looks like 2 others already said that. N/M

MeefZah screwed with this post 03-03-2012 at 07:25 PM
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #45679
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Bought my 2008 wr in sept. 2011 with 5000 miles for $2250. The day I got it.
Well, by doG, if anyone sees one at that price, let me know! I'd be ready to buy that real quick!

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #45680
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 635
Area Info

Greetings, Any Inmates have any information about the New Carlisle/Springfield area. Wife and I are looking to possibly relocate to a new area. She graduated from Springfield but that was long ago. Riding areas? Population Density? Crime? Traffic? Thanks in advance. Brian. Also might be selling my nice well kept 04 DL1000 V-Strom if anyone is getting the spring itch.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #45681
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
Greetings, Any Inmates have any information about the New Carlisle/Springfield area. Wife and I are looking to possibly relocate to a new area. She graduated from Springfield but that was long ago. Riding areas? Population Density? Crime? Traffic? Thanks in advance. Brian. Also might be selling my nice well kept 04 DL1000 V-Strom if anyone is getting the spring itch.
No I don't know anything about that area, but why would you leave that little slice of heaven you have now? I thought your place was really nice,and great location away from the masses.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #45682
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 627
Howdy to the Ohio ADV'ers,

Got a fly and ride going on from Bear Creek PA to St. Louis.............for a road bike.

Trying to stay off the interstates and make some time also...............If you have any routing info of not to miss roads please PM me with your suggestions.......

Best,
Tim
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #45683
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 635
[QUOTE=S2P;18133341]No I don't know anything about that area, but why would you leave that little slice of heaven you have now? I thought your place was really nice,and great location away from the masses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought the same when I picked it out on the internet in AZ. Now that we have lived there for 2Y's I would rather drive thru it than live thru it. Without being disrespectful to the local tribes and there heritage I find many to be unmotivated and feel they will continue to be unmotivated because they have made a living in doing so. In some ways much like the area I find myself in now. YMMV. I learn long ago if you are not having fun, make changes. That is what I am in the process of now. I will let you know when it go's on the market. "Make it Adventure Ohio Clubhouse South"
B.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #45684
brider
Long suffering Cub Fan

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
I live in Tipp City so I can tell you New Carlisle is very rural and has little to no issues in the areas you are asking about.

I would stay away from living in Springfield especially if you have school age kids.

You are moving to the flattest part of the state. I trailer my DS bike to where I'm riding and just plan on getting out of the area as quick as I can when I'm riding my street rides.

Good luck.
brider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #45685
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by brider View Post
I live in Tipp City so I can tell you New Carlisle is very rural and has little to no issues in the areas you are asking about.

I would stay away from living in Springfield especially if you have school age kids.

You are moving to the flattest part of the state. I trailer my DS bike to where I'm riding and just plan on getting out of the area as quick as I can when I'm riding my street rides.

Good luck.
Howdy neighbor! I agree with what you said.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #45686
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1 View Post
Trying to stay off the interstates and make some time also

Best,
Tim

Does not compute. Taking the fun way home would take two days. Making time requires interstate.

To be honest, my suggested route for those two points would have you not going through Ohio at all.....

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #45687
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Since we seem to be sharing what we paid for our wr250r's, I'll chime in. Got my 08 in late 2009 for $4000. I'm the second owner but it was essentially new with only 80 miles or so. It seemed like a great deal at the time, but just a few months prior, a dealer in eastern ohio had bought out Yamaha's leftover 08's and was selling them new for about $4000 IIRC.

Regarding New Carlisle, I live about ten miles south in Beavercreek. It's pretty flat up there, but the riding improves a bit south of Xenia along the little miami river. -Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #45688
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,170
Quote:
Come visit me and I'll show you a lot of reasons why you are better off where you are.

As for the V-storm, don't sell it or you'll be unhappy. Buy another bike if you think it will be better but you'll still want that Vstrom later.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #45689
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 328
Anyone up for a Wednesday ride?

Anyone up for some back road / gravel road riding Wednesday in and about SE Knox, Coshocton and NE Licking County?

Sunny and 61 degrees. I've only met a few of you guys so my rep on ADV is yet to be developed. . . count me as a guy that won't leave anyone stranded.

I prefer gravel and/or township roads but will do whatever needs to be done. I've got some routes committed to memory, always open for something new. GPS included.

Maybe meet up for breakfast or lunch?

Ohio Road Rat - are you there!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #45690
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
Anyone up for some back road / gravel road riding Wednesday in and about SE Knox, Coshocton and NE Licking County?

Sunny and 61 degrees. I've only met a few of you guys so my rep on ADV is yet to be developed. . . count me as a guy that won't leave anyone stranded.

I prefer gravel and/or township roads but will do whatever needs to be done. I've got some routes committed to memory, always open for something new. GPS included.

Maybe meet up for breakfast or lunch?

Ohio Road Rat - are you there!
I'm game, I don't know any roads out there, but I am about 10 miles west of Mt.Vernon. I have a GPS, tools, compressor, and if the SHTF, truck and trailer to get peoples shit home.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote