ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #1636
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen View Post
Jenny, the 2012 WR450 coming to the states has a YZ250F-based chassis and the motor has been fuel injected.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr.../features.aspx
Hi Zen' - yes, I'd seen some photos of the new bike, but didn't know when the actual release date was?

In the UK all the '2012' model bikes come out around August (well, the KTMs do), so I presumed the current WR would be considered the 2012, and next year it will be the 2013?!

Be nice to see it in the showrooms in actual time for the start of 2012 - maybe it will be at the Milan show this month?

Jx

ps. Ah, apologies - I see Yamaha UK have also updated their website with the new bike, so I guess it's availability is imminent - wey hey!
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #1637
zenjen
Go Outside
 
zenjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Quartz Mtn. West end of the Wichitas
Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Jx

ps. Ah, apologies - I see Yamaha UK have also updated their website with the new bike, so I guess it's availability is imminent - wey hey!
No problems, Jenny. I'm looking forward to your insight and knowledge in the 2012 F5 Dakar thread.

I am also looking forward to following your hopeful participation in the 2013 Dakar. Good luck with your fund raising and race prep.
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #1638
nagykovi
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Nagykovácsi, Hungary
Oddometer: 89
Hello Jenn,

Thank you the valuable infos!!!
__________________
N A GY K O V Á CS I
Now: KTM 350 EXC-F 2013
In the past: Yamaha YZ 250 1994, KTM 525 EXC Rally 2004, KTM SXF 250 2009
nagykovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #1639
Dakar Dan
Studly Adventurer
 
Dakar Dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Bendigonia
Oddometer: 935
The goss down under is January for the FI WR. That's very late, especially for a bike that has had a lot of Aussie input to get it Australian Design Regulation compliant (we can road register most enduro bikes here). Word is there are shedloads of '11 WR450fs still to be cleared. They have been discounting them heavily here, picked mine ('11) up for a song but nobody is expecting any deals one the new ones!
__________________
Now comes with less dak and more arrgh!
Dakar Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #1640
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,476
Hmmmmm... the poor bike hasn't been started for over a year now - surprising how fast time flies eh?



Think I'd better get to work... we've got a race in 352 days time...

New thread coming soon xx

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #1641
zenjen
Go Outside
 
zenjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Quartz Mtn. West end of the Wichitas
Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Think I'd better get to work... we've got a race in 352 days time...

New thread coming soon xx

Jx
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #1642
wiseblood
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 12,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Hmmmmm... the poor bike hasn't been started for over a year now - surprising how fast time flies eh?



Think I'd better get to work... we've got a race in 352 days time...

New thread coming soon xx

Jx


__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #1643
Iron Horse
I Make Shit Up
 
Iron Horse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Centennial, CO
Oddometer: 9,143
__________________
Wandering Wapiti
Iron Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #1644
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder
 
Boondoggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central VA
Oddometer: 14,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Hmmmmm... the poor bike hasn't been started for over a year now - surprising how fast time flies eh?



Think I'd better get to work... we've got a race in 352 days time...

New thread coming soon xx

Jx
In!
__________________
____
its hookers and blow ....... coke and hookers is like saying hocus cadabra -Pork Butt
What is wrong with you guys? -RapidWife
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #1645
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,476
I just wanted to say that this thread has had over 226,000 views now - that is utterly HUGE and fantastic, thank you all!

It will certainly be a significant help in trying to raise sponsorship for 2013 that so many people are checking in...

Piglet says "Yea!"

Jenny xx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #1646
Hillbilly501
Ultra n00b
 
Hillbilly501's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Drinking from the firehose in Brisbane, Australia
Oddometer: 165
__________________
command R (It's F5 for mac users )

"A lady motorcycle driver, what is this, the Twilight Zone?" Homer J. Simpson
Hillbilly501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #1647
Protagonist
Sidekick, actually
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 11
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #1648
GingerKid
How about that self...
 
GingerKid's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 391
Just found this thread! Rock on! I'm definitely on board to purchase upcoming swag to help fund the effort to Dakar 2013!!
__________________
-Sarah
Team Ghetto

Check out my riding/racing videos!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Hastyp3a...ew=0&flow=grid
GingerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #1649
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,476
Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update regarding my plans for Dakar 2013.

The good news is my leg doctor here in the UK is prepared to remove the metalwork in my leg in the next couple of months (yea!), so it's full speed ahead now to get my funds together in time for the Dakar entry in May this year...

As such, I HAVE to sell a couple of bikes - my Heroes-Legend XT660Z Tenere, plus my 'spare' and essentially brand new WR450F... I have listed them both on ebay with full descriptions, but please feel free to ask any specific questions here...

To pre-empt the obvious one, I am looking for £4995.00 GBP for either bike.

I will also be revamping the jennydakar.com website in the next few weeks, with a whole knew section of JMo Racing merchandise, together with opportunities for corporate and business sponsorship. In the meantime, please do contact me through PM here, or via email from jennydakar.com

Here is to another New Year in South America!

Jx

Tenere:



http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XT6...ht_1610wt_1099


WR450F:



http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-WR4...#ht_502wt_1099
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #1650
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer
 
pebble35's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Oddometer: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update regarding my plans for Dakar 2013.

The good news is my leg doctor here in the UK is prepared to remove the metalwork in my leg in the next couple of months (yea!), so it's full speed ahead now to get my funds together in time for the Dakar entry in May this year...

As such, I HAVE to sell a couple of bikes - my Heroes-Legend XT660Z Tenere, plus my 'spare' and essentially brand new WR450F... I have listed them both on ebay with full descriptions, but please feel free to ask any specific questions here...

To pre-empt the obvious one, I am looking for £4995.00 GBP for either bike.

I will also be revamping the jennydakar.com website in the next few weeks, with a whole knew section of JMo Racing merchandise, together with opportunities for corporate and business sponsorship. In the meantime, please do contact me through PM here, or via email from jennydakar.com

Here is to another New Year in South America!

Jx

Tenere:



http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XT6...ht_1610wt_1099


WR450F:



http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-WR4...#ht_502wt_1099

Woo Hoo !!!! Great news !

Best of luck with the bike sales - get in touch as your bike preparation starts to gather pace and we will see what we can do to help.

All the best

Owen
__________________
Proud to be supporting Pyndon
www.lyndonposkittracing.com

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014