Oddometer: 4,711
BMW C 600 Sport Review

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...iew-91244.html

bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,916
Interesting review. I wonder how many other Maxi scoots the reviewer has tested and how it would fare head to head with B'man 650 or Silverwing?

Can't wait to see these hit the shores of the US and see how they sell and how they ride.

IMO, any new maxi scoot is good for the entire market. The more folks who ride 'em, the better the chances we will all have more models brought over to chose from.

BTW- talking to an HD rider at an HD dealer the other day while I was on my Reflex - he asked about the scoot and how I liked it. He asked if I'd ever heard of a Burgman 650. He said a lot of his riding buddies had them and were putting a lot more miles on the scoot than the HD. Again - good news all around when things like that happen.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Flexcasing the joint

Hmmm....I'm not too keen on that "Flexcase" feature. Here in Detroit that would last about five minutes before someone took a knife to the expandable part of it, and emptied out your underseat storage compartment. You just about can't even have a convertible car anymore without thieves cutting a hole in your top to gain access to any valuables stored inside your car.

Plus, that Flexcase just looks cheap, IMHO.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,589
i like it, and mid summer I can expect to read SW vs Burgamn vs BMW! vs Tmax I will like to reed that !

Damasovi
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
brian72
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Do you have to wear a mustache like that to ride it?

Cool looking ride though.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Hardguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Hmmm. At 5'9" with a 29" inseam, it sounds like I'd need some thick sole shoes to touch the ground w/ both feet.
Hardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
mrnoitall
Banned

Oddometer: 146
I predict the following conclusion when the reviewers get around to pitting it against the Tmax.

" The BMW is a great bike and a welcome addition to the maxi scooter world. The problem is the Yamaha Tmax does everything as good and some things better and at a price that's 30% less."

Or words to that effect.
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
BRAAAP
Lil' RC!

Oddometer: 340
tbh...if this thing hits the us shores...i would be extremely tempted to sell my "oldwing" and the moped to get one of these things...hopefully its a reasonable cost!
1986 Honda Goldwing Aspencade - Sold
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - Sold
BRAAAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #9
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoitall View Post
I predict the following conclusion when the reviewers get around to pitting it against the Tmax.

" The BMW is a great bike and a welcome addition to the maxi scooter world. The problem is the Yamaha Tmax does everything as good and some things better and at a price that's 30% less."

Or words to that effect.
IF . . . . if . . . . that Tmax being compared is SecondHand. When you compare prices with brand new 2012 models, its somewhat different - (read on) -
Quote:
At 8807, compared to the competition the T-Max looks expensive, especially if you tick the ABS option estimated to be 500. Its expected that BMWs new C600 Sport scooter will cost a huge 1500 less, at 7300, so on price alone the Yamaha will have its work cut out to keep hold of the sports scooter crown.
Yamaha T-Max packs punch but not practicality

Going by points raised in this Tmax review, The Tmax can be expected to have superior braking performance to BMW's C 600 Sport! Additionally, it would appear that the Tmax has the edge when pulling away from the lights-
Quote:
Once youve threaded to the front of the traffic queue, the motor pulls hard away from other traffic even conventionally geared motorcycles will struggle to match the T-Max over the first few yards from the traffic lights.
Where the BMW does gain ground over the Tmax (apart from a lower price in some markets) is in its superior underseat storage capacity.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #10
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandKPhil View Post
Hmmm....I'm not too keen on that "Flexcase" feature. Here in Detroit that would last about five minutes before someone took a knife to the expandable part of it, and emptied out your underseat storage compartment. You just about can't even have a convertible car anymore without thieves cutting a hole in your top to gain access to any valuables stored inside your car.

Plus, that Flexcase just looks cheap, IMHO.
So, you'd be recommending that prospective Detroit owners opt for the C 650 GT instead of that C 600 Sport?

(Either that, or just buy a Yamaha Tmax and fit a very sturdy topbox.)
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #11
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,884
I am watching these new BMW scoots very closely. I am anxious to see how they are priced here in the USA. If they come in below Burgmans, Silverwings and T-Max's, they are going to make their mark.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #12
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,916
If the BMW comes to the US for LESS than a TMAX I will be amazed.

I can't see that happening - can't see some guy in the BMW offices in NJ setting a price for a BMW 650 for less than a Yamaha 500. Will be interesting if it does happen.

Agree on that rubbery thing under the seat. In NJ that would last a few minutes. Here in NC it might be fine tho'.

One thing I am learning from all this is I HAVE TO test ride a TMAX! That must be some bike.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #13
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
I am watching these new BMW scoots very closely. I am anxious to see how they are priced here in the USA. If they come in below Burgmans, Silverwings and T-Max's, they are going to make their mark.
Below the Japanese? Are you kidding? It's a BMW! The Euro price for the sport is 11,100 or about the same price as a F800GS with ABS. The F800GS sells for $12,400 in the U.S so that should give us a ballpark figure.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #14
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
I Its expected that BMWs new C600 Sport scooter will cost a huge 1500 less, at 7300, so on price alone the Yamaha will have its work cut out to keep hold of the sports scooter crown. .
The problem is that figure of 7300 seems way off considering BMW announced a Euro price of over 11,000 for the sport.

In America the German bike will be priced significantly higher than the Japanese Tmax.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #15
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
If the BMW comes to the US for LESS than a TMAX I will be amazed.

I can't see that happening - can't see some guy in the BMW offices in NJ setting a price for a BMW 650 for less than a Yamaha 500. Will be interesting if it does happen.

You are correct. Throughout recent history there has never been a BMW product that costs less than comparable Japanese product. People in America hoping for that are dreaming. BMW announced a 11,100 EURO price for the 600 sport ....about the same as the F800GS with ABS. F800GS with ABS sells for about $12,400 or so in America.

I bet this scooter will start at over $10,000, perhaps significantly higher.