User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
dirt hokie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
Abaco Bahamas for a few days

Any chance of renting a bike in Marsh Harbor, not a scooter but a real bike that i can cover some ground on.

I have found some scooter rentals, but i cant even find a real bike dealer ship. Maybe they dont allow bikes over 100 cc.? I was going to try to chek out some of the blue holes and also check out some of the non tourist places.
dirt hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt hokie View Post
Any chance of renting a bike in Marsh Harbor, not a scooter but a real bike that i can cover some ground on.

I have found some scooter rentals, but i cant even find a real bike dealer ship. Maybe they dont allow bikes over 100 cc.? I was going to try to chek out some of the blue holes and also check out some of the non tourist places.
You'd be better off renting a boat, not much land to use a bike on.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Paulie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
We rented some beach cruzer bicycles & threw em onto our boat. It worked like a champ, twas a FAB vaca!
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
RichardD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Abacos

I stayed in Treasure Cay for 10 days .It's on The National Geographic 10 most beautiful beaches in the world list. We explored a different island, went deep sea fishing ,and snorkeled every day . Try to go to Hope Town, Turtle Cay and Nippers. http://www.nippersbar.com/
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt hokie View Post

I don't see why bigger motos wouldn't be allowed on Abaco. I've known people that owned MV Augustas and KTMs on New Providence and Paradise Island. There may not be any dealerships on that island, but maybe people import them from elsewhere.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Sharkguy
chain lube applier

Oddometer: 184
Don't know about sizes allowed but there are some advertising benches near the marsh harbor airport parking lot. One of those benches is sponsored by the local m/c and has their phone number on it. Try calling them, they would know.