ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
JayhooRay OP
Adventurer
 
JayhooRay's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 68
Wicked Burning Man 2011: Gratuitous Debaucherous Escapism

This RR probably belongs in the Bikes and Chicks zone...except none of the pics have both at the same time...more like bike TO chicks.


Prologue:

This isn’t so much a ride report as a destination report. Unless you count this as an adventure ride.

[IMG]P1030143[/IMG]

Which I do, despite the fact that it has something like eight wheels.

But I bet you’ll like the pictures. And I did arrive via motorcycle.

[IMG]P1030056[/IMG]

This ride report is straight up 80% cheesecake with the remaining 20% being thoughtful rumination about an unsuccessful relationship resulting in the loss of a best friend, riding partner, and cherished lover. It takes a lot of debaucherous escapism to cover up that hurt. And Burning Man is the place to go for that.

[IMG]P1030287[/IMG]

[IMG]P1030156[/IMG]

[IMG]P1030262[/IMG]

Why would I be writing this ride report at this late date? Well, because the story that surrounds riding a KLR 650 to Burning Man and back starts months before the trip and ends months after. And of course, like so many other RRs, this one involves a woman lost, twice.

The upside was being single and having no shame about bringing home the pics that I did. More on that in a minute. The downside was that I wanted to write this RR but felt it might be lacking in class. I didn’t want to be mean about the single guy thing if she read the report.

Well, about six months later we tried again. No go. Good reasons, sad but sweet, two lives that just can’t quite line up in this lifetime. People have to live for their dreams sometimes, or live with the choices they’ve made and the limits that come with them. Well, I’ve got limits and I’ve got dreams. For at least a few days a year, some of my dreams seem to have no limits, in fact, I couldn’t even dream most of this up. And writing ride reports makes me happy. So here it comes…
__________________
JayhooRay

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame. But I know. It's my own damn fault.

'06 Dakar

JayhooRay screwed with this post 03-30-2012 at 04:10 PM Reason: being nice
JayhooRay is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014