User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 629
Hi and thanks for the questions and comments. I think you have your answers since we discussed it on the phone, but for the audience sake here are some answers:

So my questions to you are

1) Could this fairing be configured as a frame-mounted unit? As in the way the OTR product does in the link shown above (yellow DRZ)? Yes, if you are set on using the frame mount. Unless you are riding Baja races most likely not required.

2) I'm assuming your price doesn't include the light kit? If that's the case, what unit did you use below, and what approx price should I budget for? Those look awesome - and I think a better option than OTR, and certainly better than my massive pair of conventional lights. It does not include the lights. I used the Chinese LED lights that are available on ADV and elsewhere on the web. I do have a surpise coming soon as discussed.....

3) What is the weight with all lights, brackets, etc.? I weighed mine yesterday, and it weighed exactly 5lb. That's fairing (no lexan shield shown above, I've removed it) and lights. The fairing, lights, lexan and brackets weight 4lb.

4) Do you still have capacity for more - based on your answers to the above, I might spring for one - they're already in my colour? :) I will reserve one for you in white - LOL

Later,
Bern

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadius_maximus View Post
Hello aimHi,

I'm quite impressed based on what I can see - looks sharp! On my DRZ, I have a fork-mounted fairing from Simpson Detour - and it's ok, but I'm looking to do an upgrade. I explored this way back here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=522615&page=2, in post #25. For reference, my bike is in post #22.

So my questions to you are

1) Could this fairing be configured as a frame-mounted unit? As in the way the OTR product does in the link shown above (yellow DRZ)?

2) I'm assuming your price doesn't include the light kit? If that's the case, what unit did you use below, and what approx price should I budget for? Those look awesome - and I think a better option than OTR, and certainly better than my massive pair of conventional lights.

3) What is the weight with all lights, brackets, etc.? I weighed mine yesterday, and it weighed exactly 5lb. That's fairing (no lexan shield shown above, I've removed it) and lights.

4) Do you still have capacity for more - based on your answers to the above, I might spring for one - they're already in my colour? :)

Thanks
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote