User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Buster714 OP
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 607
Talking SoloMotoParts.com Master Thread

This thread will serve as a general information page for Solo Moto Parts. Feedback from customers is encouraged! Please direct specific questions or product inquiries to customer service so we can get you taken care of immediately: email customer service here.

Company Information

Name: Solo Moto Parts
Online Store: http://SoloMotoParts.com
Email Customer Service email customer service here
Call Customer Service Toll Free +1-877-819-3402
All major credit cards and Paypal are accepted. International orders are welcome.
We ship world-wide from our location in Fountain Valley, California, USA.
FREE SHIPPING in US48 and NO TAX outside CA. See website for details.

Social Media
We are very active on Facebook and I’m always posting new product and riding videos.

You Tube http://youtube.com/solomotoparts
Facebook http://facebook.com/solomotoparts
Twitter http://twitter.com/solomotoparts

About Us

I’ve been riding with our local ADV’ers a while now so I figured it was time to post up a thread with all of our information and an official introduction. My name is Aram, but many call me by my nickname, Buster. My long time friend and riding buddy, Daniel, is the other owner here at Solo Moto Parts. We have a friendly staff of active riders and I do my best to make myself available to you guys for whatever you might need. I’m an ADV Rider junkie so I’m on here just about every day.

Daniel and I founded the store in 2004. We have a great selection of parts, gear and accessories with all the big brands you would expect to find at the larger stores along with many niche and boutique brands that are much harder to find. I am constantly acquiring new brands for our store, many of which come directly from this forum. Riding my F800GS has paved the way for developing our selection of ADV parts and gear. I’ve found that using the equipment myself is really the only option for someone that wants to be successful in a motorcycle segment that focuses on self-reliance and exploration. I’m out there catapulting my bike through mountains and deserts and even my daily commute, just like so many of you out there. I love to ride all sorts of motorcycles and I feel very lucky to do what I do.

SoloMotoParts.com is the culmination of all of our online experience that began in the late 1990’s when a 56k modem was our only portal to the online world. We were captivated by an ocean of information and the freedom that it offered to those who were willing to put forth the effort. Time went on and technology improved along with our experience and capabilities. Eventually our passion for motorcycles merged with our obsession with technology in 2004 when we rented a retail space and opened our first supplier accounts. We ran up credit cards and got as much money as we could from the bank, which wasn’t very much. It took years of hard lessons and rough economic times to get where we are today, and this process left us humble and very thankful for the progress that’s been made and the potential that remains.

I grew up riding antiquated dirt bikes in jeans and old gear I would find in my dad’s garage or my uncle’s truck yard. I never owned a new bike or piece of equipment, and I didn’t really care. My dad could fix anything, so we would rebuild engines and fabricate whatever we needed to ride the next weekend. My uncles, cousins, and their friends would all journey out to the desert to ride bikes and buggies, shoot guns and raise hell. THAT is what I knew about motorcycle riding: freedom, exploring beautiful open spaces and challenging our capabilities on our machines. This lifestyle was imprinted on my psyche at a very young age and is now something I wouldn’t want to live without.

Life is for the living. Do what you love. Love what you do. This is part of our philosophy at Solo Moto Parts. We’re not just a website, we’re a dream come true. We understand that real life happens regardless of policies or procedures. We understand that some people feel they’re taking a risk when they order online, and we’ll make every effort to change that notion. We understand that you don’t want to be penalized for making changes to orders or returning things for whatever the reason. We understand that you want to hear back from us when you call or email. We shop online just as much as anyone else and we know what irks us when we deal with companies that just don’t get it. When you know, you can act and actually make a difference which is exactly what we’re here to do. We know. We get it. Try us and see.

I look forward to meeting more of you FF’s and getting you the parts and gear you need for your adventures. Thanks for reading.

Buster714 screwed with this post 05-11-2014 at 02:13 PM Reason: updates
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,487
Glad to see you here!

I've made a couple of (admittedly small) orders from you so far. My experiences with the sales have been excellent. Since I've not had any issues, I cannot elaborate as to your customer service.

Count on me as a continuing customer.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
+1
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,484
Buster is a great guy, rider and vendor. Very attentive and enthusiastic, ready to help with what you need. If they don't have it they'll get it, and are always competitive.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,350
+1+1 ... super guy who is completely committed to the sport. Buster knows his stuff and personally puts product to the test. HIghly recommend SoloMotoParts

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
linksIT
nOObie

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
+1+1 ... super guy who is completely committed to the sport. Buster knows his stuff and personally puts product to the test. HIghly recommend SoloMotoParts

+100 Buster is a great guy to deal with and SoloMotoParts has great products at great prices!!
linksIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Great shop. Recommend highly

Ridden with Buster and he IS a great guy, so I purchased a Dual Sport helmet from their site to try them out. Very user friendly shopping site, great selection of products and shipped in a reasonable time too.

Very happy with my helmet..... definitely try these guys out. Terrific prices too!

Jim
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
I'll happily vouch for Aram and his crew too. Great, responsive and service minded fellas. Shop with confidence.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,927
just found out solo is carrying the giant loop bags...great products and crash tested (by me)...best of all made in the usa.

already have them, and now just ordered the fandango. thanks buster for the awesome customer service.

lots of good stuff on your website.....love those klims, mod motooverland, and more.

NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Well it looks like one more good review wont hurt. But like everyone else so far ive had nothing but great amazing service from Buster.

When most companies try and break into a new market, they just copy what the other guys do. But what does Buster do? He buys an adventure bike and starts riding it. Not only does he carry the things we ADV riders really need/want, he takes time to stop and talk with as many fellow ADV riders as possible to get real feed back on what we want.

I haven't seen commitment like this from a company to its customers in a long time. Anyone can carry the same parts as the other guys, but SoloMotoParts carry's the stuff you really want. They are a personal spin on buying ADV parts and gear.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
Kendrick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
great guy, great company. they ride and they're passionate about what they do, that's a good combo.

now, just hurry up and get more stuff that'll bolt onto my Super Enduro, then you really won't be able to get rid of me
Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
Buster714 OP
VP of crash testing

Thank you very much gentlemen. It's an honor and a privilege.

If you like watching videos, check out our You Tube page here. Subscribe, comment, share your vidoes. I have quite a few riding videos up there and I like seeing what you guys are up to as well.

Here's a taste of what I've been up to on my F800GS lately...

/EDIT/ Whoa, where'd the 800GS video go? This is me on my Te310R!

Buster714 screwed with this post 05-11-2014 at 02:05 PM
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
Buster714 OP
VP of crash testing

Only 4x 2012 Klim Jackets left!

Our Klim rep just informed us that they are OUT OF STOCK on their most popular colors/sizes of 2012 ADV jackets. They will be waiting until July for more stock so if you're in the market for an item we have, now is the time. We only have a few 2012 jackets remaining!

We have the following items in stock ready to ship (at the time of this post):

Klim Badlands Pro Jacket Gray in LARGE
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Klim-Ba...ro-Jacket-Gray

Klim Latitude Jacket Grey in MEDIUM
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Klim-Latitude-Jacket-Grey

Klim Latitude Jacket Grey in X-LARGE
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Klim-Latitude-Jacket-Grey

Klim Traverse Jacket Black in MEDIUM
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Klim-Traverse-Jacket-Black

I personally wear the Klim Badlands suit and the Klim Traverse jacket and like everyone says, it's good stuff!

Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,484
Klim mojave

I just picked up my mojave pants from solomotoparts and they are THE nicest riding pants I have ever owned. Tried them on and they fit perfect, really quality kit. I'm ready for summer riding.

browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #15
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Klim Dakar pant

Got mine from Solomotoparts (size 38) and love them. Wore them at Death Valley then last week in Baja. Very well made, comfortable, etc... I love my BMW Rallye 3 suit but find the Dakar pant breathes a bit better and makes sense for hotter conditions.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote