Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #16
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,758
I can recommend Forward Air and Wolverine.

http://www.forwardair.com/servlet/fw...PrepaidServlet

http://www.wolverinetransport.com/introtest.html
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
BeamingBeagle
n00btube

Oddometer: 87
I used federated company from a BMW dealer recommendation. They were awesome. Bike did come 2 days later than the quote but because of that I ended up getting $200 with no hassle. Great company. Trick is to tell them you need the bike for a ride or something so they make your delivery a priority. I didn't do that, that seems to be why my shipment got bumped.
BeamingBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
dede
Lefty

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamingBeagle View Post
I used federated company from a BMW dealer recommendation. They were awesome. Bike did come 2 days later than the quote but because of that I ended up getting $200 with no hassle. Great company. Trick is to tell them you need the bike for a ride or something so they make your delivery a priority. I didn't do that, that seems to be why my shipment got bumped.
Ditto on the Federated, they are a division of Allied Trucking and the driver comes with a lift gate and a motorcycle specific skid to tie your bike down to, also the insurance is $0 deductible, the driver told me that the insurance was actually $500.00 deductible and that if the bike were damaged other than a traffic accident that he had to pay the deductible out of his pocket
Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
johnyrrr OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Do you mean federal? Keyboard said they do NOT service California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamingBeagle View Post
johnyrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #20
BeamingBeagle
n00btube

http://www.funtransport.com/

This place. Did u call them? That may be true but I just assumed they would since it's such a huge company. Sorry if they don't.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
BeamingBeagle
n00btube

I just checked and they ship from any where. You're all good. They're a little more expensive but totally worth it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #22
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,744
I moved this thread in the hopes that a vendor would see this request.

If this forum doesn't work out we can move it to another forum to try for better results.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #23
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,643
Are you trying to move the bike without crating it?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #24
dede
Lefty

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by dede View Post
Ditto on the Federated, they are a division of Allied Trucking and the driver comes with a lift gate and a motorcycle specific skid to tie your bike down to, also the insurance is $0 deductible, the driver told me that the insurance was actually $500.00 deductible and that if the bike were damaged other than a traffic accident that he had to pay the deductible out of his pocket
I gave you the wrong name, its Federal, http://www.funtransport.com/
Old 03-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #25
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,184
looking for someone to transport a bike from CO to FL, Keyboard was one of the ones I called:

Thank you for considering Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping for your motorcycle transport needs.

We are currently making some changes to our company and coverage areas. It saddens us to say that at this time we are no longer shipping to or from any of the Mountain or Pacific Time zones. However, if you have any future orders for the Eastern or Central time zones we hope you consider using our company.

We apologize that our website has not been updated with this new information as we are currently in the process of updating these changes. If you have any questions or concerns, still feel free to give us a call. We look forward to your business.

Thanks you for your understanding and patience in this matter,

If you have any questions...please call or e-mail.

Thank You,

Kelly Cecil
Keyboard Carriage
809 South Park Road
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com
Office-270-737-5797
Fax-270-737-6640
E-mail - kcecil@keyboardtech.com
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
johnyrrr OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I went with Wolverine I am still currently waiting to get my bike delivered, hopefully in about an hour actually, I will update when bike is in my garage They have changed my delivery date and time a bit, maybe they will give me a discounted price for the inconvenience?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #27
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,844
Truckers are not employees of Uship. Uship is basically a load board for consumers. The key to using Uship effectively is to research the bidders. The lowest bid is not always the correct choice. It is up to the buyer to make sure that the driver has cargo insurance and the equipment to get the job done.

That all said, Shipping Wars did Uship and trucking a disservice.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #28
KTMforget
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 813
Forget "Haul Bikes". Awful service, lots of bike damage, 6 weeks to get the bike and after paying extra for a "zero deductable", they would only pay for half the damage after weeks of negotiation. Never again!

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!
KTMforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #29
johnyrrr OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I finally got my bike delivered from Wolverine, FINALLY. I was supposed to get it the 16-19 I was told but it ended up coming yesterday. The excuse I got from the office lady was they got help up in Chicago for St Patricks Day(good one!) then they were supposed to deliver it on the 20th from 6-8 pm. No go again and I was called this time at 830 pm that they were still in Ohio. I was told I would have bike at 8ma the 21st then. I got an email this time that they were still in Ohio and bike couldnt be delivered at 8am on the 21st but 12-100pm instead. I got a call at 1130am they were infront of my house. I can only be grateful my job is close and very flexible due to all the delays and schedule changes BUT bike was finally delivered in the shape i purchased it in and for a reasonable price. I even got a followup call from the owner to explain that they specified tentive dates and times and that this happens, blah blah blah. I just erased message after hearing the excuses. Long as your flexable and patient Wolverine eventually got it done.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #30
bbqBiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Wolverine for me too...slow...

Hm. Wolverine is dropping off in Michigan today, huh? Good for you johnyrrr, sucks for me. I too was given a similar delivery schedule from Wolverine...as of tomorrow, they will have missed both "estimated ranges" for delivery. I live in Tennessee...not really close to Michigan.

They picked my R1150GS up (from Northernstar in Seattle-area) on the 10th. It's the 22nd, and I still haven't even received the 24-hr-away-from-delivery call. Sounds like I may be waiting awhile. I know that I didn't sign-up for a FedEx or UPS but two weeks to get here seems excessive.

I opted to use these guys after receiving two uShip bids for $50-less that had delivery schedules that were sooner. I chose Wolverine because of some good feedback on ADV and because they were a moto-specific carrier. I will post my final opinion of Wolverine when they finally deliver mine so that anyone else relying on reviews can make up their own mind.

All for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyrrr View Post
I finally got my bike delivered from Wolverine, FINALLY. I was supposed to get it the 16-19 I was told but it ended up coming yesterday. The excuse I got from the office lady was they got help up in Chicago for St Patricks Day(good one!) then they were supposed to deliver it on the 20th from 6-8 pm. No go again and I was called this time at 830 pm that they were still in Ohio. I was told I would have bike at 8ma the 21st then. I got an email this time that they were still in Ohio and bike couldnt be delivered at 8am on the 21st but 12-100pm instead. I got a call at 1130am they were infront of my house. I can only be grateful my job is close and very flexible due to all the delays and schedule changes BUT bike was finally delivered in the shape i purchased it in and for a reasonable price. I even got a followup call from the owner to explain that they specified tentive dates and times and that this happens, blah blah blah. I just erased message after hearing the excuses. Long as your flexable and patient Wolverine eventually got it done.
bbqBiker is offline   Reply With Quote