Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #2251
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
He "screws up" because he rides closer to the edge of control than most. Of late, that's his only recourse to gain the extra speed he needs to be at the front of the pack. But he way too often pays the price. Unfortunately others who happen to be around him occasionally pay too.

- Mark
Exactly, a rider of his experience should know where his edge is, he doesn't seem to care.

It is typical that almost all the really fast guys crash a lot early in their careers but the great ones soon learn and quit crashing so much, current example is Villopoto, he still loses it sometimes but that's getting fewer and farther between.
Dungey is the other side of this, he is really fast but he rarely crashes so he seems to be leaving himself just a little extra space at the edge. And ends up watching Villopoto pulling away. But he's sure smooth doing it.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #2252
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Exactly, a rider of his experience should know where his edge is, he doesn't seem to care.

It is typical that almost all the really fast guys crash a lot early in their careers but the great ones soon learn and quit crashing so much, current example is Villopoto, he still loses it sometimes but that's getting fewer and farther between.
Dungey is the other side of this, he is really fast but he rarely crashes so he seems to be leaving himself just a little extra space at the edge. And ends up watching Villopoto pulling away. But he's sure smooth doing it.

And Stewart will line up to race this week (probably) yet Dungey is out for the season.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #2253
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
And Stewart will line up to race this week (probably) yet Dungey is out for the season.
Yeah, one thing thst surprises me about Stewart is that as often and as hard as he crashes he always gets up and into the main (except last weekend). Literally it seems like everyine else is breaking somethingg or other, but he just gets back up (after a drama break with the Asterisk crew) and lines up for the LCQ. Fairly impressive luck really.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #2254
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Reed and Canard too.
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #2255
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,694
I think its safe to say that 1/2 racing is being good and competitive and the other 1/2 is just staying healthy. The levels these guys push, its no surprise that these things happen. The sad thing is bad accidents put them out for the season.

I can empathize somewhat. I crash almost every weekend trail riding. Usually not too bad..as I always have in the back of my head, I have a job to go to Monday and a mortgage to pay. Most times when I crash, its cause I am tired and making mistakes and/or playing catch up and riding faster than my ability.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #2256
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,306
Was thinking about going to the race this weekend, but it doesn't seem worth the effort, with no contest. SX is a two horse race at best, but all RV has to do is finish his remaining races midpack and it's his title. Same for the lites.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #2257
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Was thinking about going to the race this weekend, but it doesn't seem worth the effort, with no contest. SX is a two horse race at best, but all RV has to do is finish his remaining races midpack and it's his title. Same for the lites.
I have been to MotoGP Races and AMA (paved) races, but never to an MX or SX race. As with any race, the viewing is better from your own couch, but Id still love to see one in person. Being in NJ is not helping that cause.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #2258
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 245
I think Stewie is still very fast; he proves this in the qualifiers and heat races. I seriously don't think his head is in the game and he puts too much pressure on himself for the main, resulting in crashes. He needs to stop worring about 1st place and start worring about riding smooth and keeping it fun. Mabye he can turn this season around and have good momentum going into MX.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #2259
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoastRider View Post
Mabye he can turn this season around and have good momentum going into MX.
Has he committed to riding an outdoor season? I'd be surprised if he does.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #2260
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Has he committed to riding an outdoor season? I'd be surprised if he does.

- Mark

Commited might be a strong word, but he and JGR have both said that they will be there.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #2261
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,317
What is the word on Windham? He got carted off, but I never heard how serious it was.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #2262
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
What is the word on Windham? He got carted off, but I never heard how serious it was.
"Serious lumbar strain" is what they said on Speed. I can relate. I don't wish a bad back on anyone.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #2263
Goofy Footer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
What do you think about Windham and Alessi's get together? Looks like Windham got the worse of the deal for sure. At least he got his 3(?) points for starting the main and doing some laps which keeps him in the championship podium chase. He had a rough night getting taken out during the first turn of his heat and having to win the LCQ to then go down in the main.
Goofy Footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #2264
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,790
According to his tweets,he's been doing therapy and expects to be out there Saturday.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #2265
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 5,915
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote