Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #2461
kandersn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Installing the IICE Air on the R1150GS

Here is a short, illustrated installation guide for installing the IICE Air on the R1150 GS (Sorry for the quality of the pictures):

1.) Remove seats - Remove both seat.

2.) Remove Right Black Plastic Panel below Tank and find a Suitable Location to Mount the IICE Air - I found the best place to mount the IICE Air on my 2000 R1150GS was on the frame rail just below the lip of the right rear lower edge of the tank. Position the two leads of the IICE Air behind the frame and up under the rear lip of the tank to the area located center line of the tank.

3.) Attach the IICE Air - You can now attach the IICE Air to the frame rail (or wherever you want) with two nylon tie straps through the holes on the IICE Air around the frame.

2.) Locate Air temp sensor - You will find the Air Temp sensor right under the rear lip of the gas tank. The Sensor has a wire connector attached to it with a "female" plug -- this plug has a metal "bail" on it that must be depressed fully to release the connector. The "bail" faces toward the front of the bike.

3.) Remove the "Female" Plug from the Air Temp Sensor - The Sensor has a wire connector attached to it with a "female" plug -- this plug has a metal "bail" on it that must be depressed fully to release the connector. The "bail" faces toward the front of the bike. Depress the connector and carefully pull the plug up from the air temp sensor.

4.) Connect the "Female" connection that you just removed from the Air Temp Sensor to the "Male" connection lead from the IICE Air. The metal bail from the female connection from the Air Temp Sensor will "Click" when positively attached. Check the connection

5.) Connect the "Female" connection from the IICE Air to the Air Temp Sensor.
Make sure that you have a positive connection! -- The metal bail from the female connection from the IICE Air will "Click" when positively attached. Check the connection.

6.) Recheck your connections.

7.) Recheck the mounting of your IICE Air.

8.) Re-install the Black Plastic Cover located beneath the Tank.

9.) Re-install the seats.

10.) Enjoy the increased performance, the lack of surging -- Ride like the wind!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #2462
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,763
You absolutely rule, Keith! (kandersn) Top shelf!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #2463
kandersn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Could not have Done this Without Poolside!

Poolside:

I could not have created that short install guide without your super product! I can't wait to see how my bike performs after getting the IICE Cool! Waiting patiently for that day...
Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #2464
fishwich
El Borbah

Oddometer: 1,631
Awesome post. Ill be using this when installing on my 1150 this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandersn View Post
Here is a short, illustrated installation guide for installing the IICE Air on the R1150 GS (Sorry for the quality of the pictures):
Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #2465
fellowsja
Momma's Boy

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

And to set your mind at ease Jason, plugging it into the fuel injector would not cause any damage to your bike or your friend's 1200.

Thanks for the reassurance Poolside. Thanks JJ for the hint, and to the others for taking the time to respond.

The pictorial above is pretty sweet. If anyone wants the pictorial of where they should NOT connect their IICE Air, pm me...I can show you on both an 1150 and a 1200...
Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #2466
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
Not so fast! It was my understanding that plugging it into the fuel injector would cause the implosion of the sun.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #2467
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,971
Wahoo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowsja View Post
Thanks for the reassurance Poolside. Thanks JJ for the hint, and to the others for taking the time to respond.

The pictorial above is pretty sweet. If anyone wants the pictorial of where they should NOT connect their IICE Air, pm me...I can show you on both an 1150 and a 1200...
Whatever you do, DO NOT plug the Icy-Aire into itself.

Once the feedback cycle initiates, it is near-impossible to redirect.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #2468
RomaDakota
Illuminatus!

Oddometer: 1,355
What are the thoughts about dealer service with the IICE Air installed while under warranty?
Heading out for my 12k service at the dealer. Shouldith removeth?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #2469
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Whatever you do, DO NOT plug the Icy-Aire into itself.

Once the feedback cycle initiates, it is near-impossible to redirect.

Andrew, you got me to thinking. It seems that my riding gear is no longer water proof. This was discovered after installing the Air and was not an issue before. Wonder if there is a connection. Will the Cool fix the problem. I'm not one to jump to conclusions so more research is in order.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #2470
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaDakota View Post
What are the thoughts about dealer service with the IICE Air installed while under warranty?
Heading out for my 12k service at the dealer. Shouldith removeth?

No

Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #2471
OPEN RANGE
Runnin out of Time

Oddometer: 55
Please excuse my "retard" question, but... how do valve adjusts and tb balancing work now?
Should the IICE Air be at the -20 or set jumper to bypass for this delicate "tune up" operation?:
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #2472
opposedcyljunkie
Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPEN RANGE View Post
Please excuse my "retard" question, but... how do valve adjusts and tb balancing work now?
Should the IICE Air be at the -20 or set jumper to bypass for this delicate "tune up" operation?:
If you ask me, I don't think there should be any change on how you tune up your bike, no matter where your iice setting is.

Via Tapatalk
05 Yamaha Fazer FZS-1000
07 R1200GS
Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #2473
Zoshi
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hi Poolside/all,
Here's my experience after a few days of riding with the IICE Air:
Bike: 1997 R1100GS, "Euro" model (no cat, no O2 sensor), ~220K Km
Setup: all original, no mods, IICE Air at -20 default setting
Result: I simply love it!
Overall, the change is very subtle - my iron beast didn't transform into a racing cat...but after 4 years of ownership, I feel it finally gained my trust.
I'm a "torque" guy, so I particularly feel the change in low RPM, when I'm pulling out from ~1000RPM in 2nd or 3rd (now even 4th) gear.
No more of those annoying "hiccups", the throttle is great, acceleration has a "wet" feeling now, and the engine just pulls happily forward.
As a side bonus, adding the IICE Air also eliminated all backfire issues that occurred randomly every now and then.
Oh yeh, and I have no idea why, but my ABS used to fail on almost every start due to a weak battery...issue solved
to summarize - exactly what I needed! great job! now lets talk about that Cool thingy...
Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #2474
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by opposedcyljunkie View Post
If you ask me, I don't think there should be any change on how you tune up your bike, no matter where your iice setting is.

Via Tapatalk

Would like to get PS or JJ's opinion on this one. I think it is a good question.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #2475
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial9xs View Post
Would like to get PS or JJ's opinion on this one. I think it is a good question.
I'm not PS or JJ (or I'd already have mine) but, I also would not change the settings or disconnect the ICE when doing the valves or tb's. It probably wouldn't have any effect either way (especially on the valves), BUT I would rather tune the bike in the condition I run it in. In other words, if you synch the tb's without it and then plug it in, it could throw off the synch.

Of course, my opinion is what you paid for it.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Closed Thread