Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #10
JoelWisman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.C View Post
You're scaring me Joel!

I put Shorai's in both our F658's before shipping them to New Zealand for Christmas. So now the question is what regulator should I install as I really like the weight saving, and where to get it. Don't want to shove this excellent thread off topic so I think I'll post up a sep[arate one for that question.

Really appreciate your effort, really intersting even more important enlightening.
Give me a day to see if I can find one of the many excellent regulator/rectifier manufactures willing to put on an oe direct replacement plug.

I'd also like to talk to a few engineers about series rather then shunt regulators, as that is one possible way to deal with rapid stator heat aging.

This isn't likely critical yet. Lost Rider, the owner of the Shorai I found to be so unbalanced has been the first to experience many F800GS problems. It will take time and a lot of cycling before these issues show up for others.

Lastly I think it wise to wait for some more data points on what charging voltages are being seen on K7X bikes, as NCD's post has given me pause.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote