Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #271
michael1968
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Here's my home built effort for the upcoming Condo 750 in Australia.

I'm using a F2R, Trailtech Vector (with rally function). The lights are from the Trailtech too, you can get them as a spare for thier X2 light.

michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #272
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,989
Is that a funduro?
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #273
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,047
P clamps

Does anyone know where I can get some p clamps quick for my brake line reroute I went to every shop/store I have near me and No one carries them. I'm in the land of über engineering and not a clamp to be found. I'm still scratching my head
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #274
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuckedUp View Post
Does anyone know where I can get some p clamps quick for my brake line reroute I went to every shop/store I have near me and No one carries them. I'm in the land of über engineering and not a clamp to be found. I'm still scratching my head
Funny, I was just at the touratech shop here in Athens, saw some (of various sizes) and thought of your brake line routing connundrum... check their online catalogue. If not let me know and I can pick some up for last minute tweaking before scrutineering

edit: over here

Brodovitch screwed with this post 03-22-2012 at 10:31 AM
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #275
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,292
autopart, electrical and boat stores have them
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #276
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Not

Not in Germany it would seem. Oh what I would give for a auto zone down the street.
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
Old 03-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #277
michael1968
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro View Post
Is that a funduro?
Sure is!
michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #278
lastplace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Not in Germany it would seem. Oh what I would give for a auto zone down the street.
Just cut, drill and bend up some sheet metal. Line it with a cut up piece of inner tube to keep it from cutting the brake line. Doesn't need to be pretty.

Charlie
lastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #279
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Struck out

I may have to make my own if the ones I ordered today do not show in a timely manner. I really wanted to work from the top down and install the IOC sensor last. I was looking at a easy way to mount the sensor to the fork and I'm just stumped. Can everyone post some photos of their set up of the senser mounted on their bikes?
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #280
lastplace
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I may have to make my own if the ones I ordered today do not show in a timely manner. I really wanted to work from the top down and install the IOC sensor last. I was looking at a easy way to mount the sensor to the fork and I'm just stumped. Can everyone post some photos of their set up of the senser mounted on their bikes?
Do you mean the ICO sensor cable? It looks like you have a KTM. Just unscrew the stock speedo pickup wire from the hole in the front brake caliper hanger and use that hole. The ICO sensor cable threads are the same. The original KTM magnet in the disc will work fine. Pay attention to the distance between the sensor cable and the magnet. Run the cable up just as the original KTM cable used to run. The ICO instructions are very good, with tips on setting up that cable properly.

And, don't forget to give yourself enough length of sensor cable to allow your forks to extend fully without stretching and breaking the cable!

fun fun
Charlie
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #281
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

What Charlie says (if you're gonna run one sensor) makes perfect sense.

If you want more than one sensor pickup, that's where the fun starts...

Excuse the shitty photo, it's all I could find, but for hooking up more than one sensor (assuming you
want to keep the stock odo for speed on the bike as well as the ICO), you're gonna need one of these
sheet metal brackets (A), I think Touratech make them, or else the TT importer here asked a metal shop to fabricate them, don't remember for sure....

It has two slots for sensors - this picture is old, I now have both IMO sensors hooked up in the front of the fork leg,
and kept the stock thread in the brake caliper (B) for my Vector (substitute for the stock odo)

I will try and post an updated pic, as because the two fore sensors positions looked a bit exposed, I have now asked my mechanic to fabricate a protective metal plate in front of the two sensors

On the wheel I use the magnetic bolt that replaces one of the disc rotor bolts - foolproof

Old 03-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #282
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
On the wheel I use the magnetic bolt that replaces one of the disc rotor bolts - foolproof
So, on the KTM sounds like the magnet is just a special rotor bolt? Anybody know if that same bolt with fit a Suzuki or Yamaha? I had to go with the epoxy putty that ICO supplies to attach my magnet. Seems to work fine but I would much prefer a magnetic bolt.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #283
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

I know for sure that it's a Touratech part, if you check their online catalogue they might have the thread dimensions of the screw...

it's dirt cheap, something like 4 euros IIRC

a snap (ignore what the bag says, I think it's from a trailtech vector kit):

edit; it seems I have the TRailtech screw, the touratech is here

Brodovitch screwed with this post 03-24-2012 at 04:27 AM
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #284
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

I may see if the mag bolt is a better option I'm still pulling my hair out trying to figure how to mount this darn sensor. I better have a beer before I go on a freaking rant
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
Old 03-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #285
lastplace
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I may see if the mag bolt is a better option I'm still pulling my hair out trying to figure how to mount this darn sensor. I better have a beer before I go on a freaking rant
Good selection of magnet mounting solutions from Trailtech:
http://trailtech.net/magnets.html

What seems to be the problem? Are you keeping your KTM speedo sensor so that you cannot put the ICO sensor in the existing hole? (Do you need to keep the KTM speedo? The ICO has speedo, odometer and clock functions.) Often, I need to put an ICO on non-KTM bikes used for our rally school. These bikes generally do not have a threaded hole for the sensor cable. Usually, I have about 10 minutes to do several of these and almost no tools. I take the threaded aluminum piece that comes with the ICO and cut, bend, twist and drill it so that it will hold the end of the sensor in the correct position, this depends on the mounting bolts available in that area. Then I use the ICO putty to stick the ICO magnet to the brake disc in the correct location, usually in a hole or slot in the disc so it doesn't hit anything. Then I wrap the cable with spiral wrap to protect it and zip tie it out of the way as much as possible. Then I ask the rider to avoid crashing on that side and off we go. Usually this is a pretty simple job. I hope this helps. If there is some other issue, please let us know. Someone here will certainly have an answer.