Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #181
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,242
Any plans to produce something similar for the Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTenere?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #182
davidlomax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Any plans to produce something similar for the Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTenere?
Funny you should mention that...Standby!

Dave
www.Adventure-Spec.com
davidlomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #183
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,242
Hey Wonky,

I was wondering if you'll produce a small tool storage compartment attached to the G-It bashplate... Something like this from one of your competitors:

http://www.motooverland.com/index_files/Page2996.htm
Old 12-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #184
No Drama
n00b

Oddometer: 4
F650gs

Just read right thru this thread and didn't see any pixs of the bars & bash plate on a F650GS Twin. Does anyone have any pixs they can post?
Jane
F650GS
No Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #185
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
I did a lot of research on this forum and online for my F800GS. I'm very happy with everything I've purchased. Adventure-Spec is the best I've seen. Priced right, no hassle fast shipping, fits great.

Ordered on Monday and got them Thursday the same week from the UK, and I live in Alberta Canada! No big cost to ship and little duty.

I noticed some minor clearance problems like: needing to take off a few centimetres of aluminum off the side of the plate that was a little too close to the rear brake pedal. With heavy breaking I found I was touching the plate with the bottom of my lever. Easy 2 minute fix.
Also needed to take a rubber mallet with one little tap to move the upper front plate away from the exhaust tubing. It was only touching lightly on the tube so once I mounted the plate I gave it a wee tap with the mallet and it moved in just the right amount.
The crash bars they make are very sturdy and fit right. No hassle.
The rear back plate for luggage is also great and has all the right parts. No hassle with my SW Motec EVO rack system either. The GIT etching looks great too.

I was very happy with the crew at ADV-Spec, they went to another supplier to get part of my order, (Barkbusters) so they could ship my order faster. Dave was great.
One little problem was, as I made a double order of everything, as I purchased for my friends 800 too. I was short shipped hardware for one set of crash bars. Dave sent me out a new set free of all charges, arrived in one week. He said that they get packaged and shipped off site, and would look into the problem. Very helpful and honest.

I will buy again gear from them as needed.

Mike
Old 03-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #186
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,128
Adventure-Spec crash bars with BMW wind deflectors

When I was sourcing out various bits before I took delivery of my new bike, one question no one seemed to be able to give a firm answer to was if the Adventure-Spec crash bars can be used alongside the BMW wind deflectors. In short, yes they do.

One caveat—it's a bit of a squeeze to get the fairings on/off with the wind deflectors mounted while the bars are in place. Not impossible, just requires a bit of flexing/manoeuvring.

Also, people have asked about them rubbing the legs/knees, for me they don't at all, I'm 5’9” with a 32” inseam (can't quite flat-foot the F800GS unless there is a pillion on the back).

Hope that helps someone!
George

Blog: Gelände Straßetastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle

duffs screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 04:19 PM
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #187
BMW F800GS Trophy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Adventure Spec Crash Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffs View Post
When I was sourcing out various bits before I took delivery of my new bike, one question no one seemed to be able to give a firm answer to was if the Adventure-Spec crash bars can be used alongside the BMW wind deflectors. In short, yes they do.

One caveat—it's a bit of a squeeze to get the fairings on/off with the wind deflectors mounted while the bars are in place. Not impossible, just requires a bit of flexing/manoeuvring.

Also, people have asked about them rubbing the legs/knees, for me they don't at all, I'm 5’9” with a 32” inseam (can't quite flat-foot the F800GS unless there is a pillion on the back).

Hope that helps someone!
George

Thanks it helps me ! I just ordered mine. I will take pictures when it arrives here in the US and after install. Just as a side note shipping was $45 US DHL for 2-3 day delivery!!! We'll see if that works out?
Marshall
Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #188
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F800GS Trophy View Post
Thanks it helps me ! I just ordered mine. I will take pictures when it arrives here in the US and after install. Just as a side note shipping was $45 US DHL for 2-3 day delivery!!! We'll see if that works out?
Marshall
Nice one, I'm sure you'll be pleased with them. No complaints here. And they're well placed for pulling the bike when stuck up to the axle for those foolish enough to attempt mud bogging with the stock tyres like I did...

Blog: Gelände Straßetastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #189
BRUTSQD
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 237
loving mine

BRUTSQD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #190
MADRAFi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
If anyone is interested how adventure-spec fits new 2013 F800 GS here it is: There fits nicely!

MADRAFi screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 11:30 AM
MADRAFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #191
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Does anybody have the installation as a PDF file and could email them to me please? The link on the Adventure Spec site does not work any more.

Wonky, you still here?

Cheers,
Lukas
Old 04-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #192
flei
queasy rider

Oddometer: 458
Thumb adventure-spec crash bars ROCK!

This thread is kind of dead and that's too bad. After much consideration, I went for the Adventure-spec crash bars for my 2010 F650GS. As they do not have a US distributor (they SHOULD!), I ordered from the UK. They cost $257 plus $58 shipping- more than some bars, less than others. FAST shipping ! I ordered on 4/3 they left the UK on 4/4 and they arrived today (4/8; after spending a day in Cleveland for some reason!). They were VERY nicely packed (so that I can be the first to ding them!) and they are BEAUTIFULLY made. The welds, bends, finish and hardware are all top-notch (I used to be a welder)! They fit perfectly and easily. They look great. I think they are the best bars out there. Look at the pics in this thread and GO FOR IT!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #193
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by flei View Post
This thread is kind of dead and that's too bad. After much consideration, I went for the Adventure-spec crash bars for my 2010 F650GS. As they do not have a US distributor (they SHOULD!), I ordered from the UK. They cost $257 plus $58 shipping- more than some bars, less than others. FAST shipping ! I ordered on 4/3 they left the UK on 4/4 and they arrived today (4/8; after spending a day in Cleveland for some reason!). They were VERY nicely packed (so that I can be the first to ding them!) and they are BEAUTIFULLY made. The welds, bends, finish and hardware are all top-notch (I used to be a welder)! They fit perfectly and easily. They look great. I think they are the best bars out there. Look at the pics in this thread and GO FOR IT!
Is there an inmate discount and are they available in silver? I only see the black ones on their website:
http://www.adventure-spec.com/defaul...gs-f650gs.html