User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #7291
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,417
Here's a tip for Arco Norte that's not on any map either:

Heading south on 57D from SMA, Queretaro, San Juan del Rio etc., you will arrive at the Arco Norte exit and you'll have two choices of direction which sitting here at the computer is an easy academic selection but in practice, given the signage, can at first be a bit disconcerting, causing you to pull over and actually think about which direction you want (I'm assuming here for sake of the example the intent is to arc southeast to Puebla's direction, to continue on towards Veracruz or cut off to Oaxaca). Just be thinking about this beforehand because it is easy to take the incorrect veer and head off southwest vs southeast given the signs and the construction of the exit.

Coming the other direction from Puebla is not a problem since the beginning and the end of the Arco is off of 150D, you just have to realize how quickly (in the big picture) it is after you leave Puebla. It is clearly marked. Then again, if you eat breakfast at VIPs right there outside Puebla on 150D you may be in a pleasant daze and miss the exit.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #7292
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker View Post
I handed him my homemade fake license copy ready to sacrifice it and told him to write out the ticket so that I could take care of it later.
When you get the urge to reload your supply of these remember that here at Casa Tricepilot we run the Mexico Mordida License Company. Color copier, photo paper, laminator, cutting board all ready to go.

Not for riders like Sjoerd in this situation because he has the skills down pat, but for others who have not been through this experience, for a small fee we provide 3 fake licenses and will role play a realistic traffic stop in Mexico with you as the unaware rider, and me, Schizzman, Bato and Chango as the Mexican coppers bent on taking your money.

Our "Deluxe Package" includes the simulated experience of being taken downtown to face Jimmex as the Judge.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #7293
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,591
Hey, we just passed 500 pages!

Out of those, how many are Salma related?
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #7294
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
Hey, we just passed 500 pages!

Out of those, how many are Salma related?
Way too few.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #7295
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
When you get the urge to reload your supply of these remember that here at Casa Tricepilot we run the Mexico Mordida License Company. Color copier, photo paper, laminator, cutting board all ready to go.

Not for riders like Sjoerd in this situation because he has the skills down pat, but for others who have not been through this experience, for a small fee we provide 3 fake licenses and will role play a realistic traffic stop in Mexico with you as the unaware rider, and me, Schizzman, Bato and Chango as the Mexican coppers bent on taking your money.

Our "Deluxe Package" includes the simulated experience of being taken downtown to face Jimmex as the Judge.
El Castigo es tres dias de rodar en el EdD.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #7296
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
That is so much cooler than the regular pointy pope-hat. Probably sporting spurs under the robes as well.

Give that man one of those big Guitarrones.
They wanted to send Calderon back to Rome and make the Pope the preseident of Mexico to continue with the cease fire deal

Bato screwed with this post 03-27-2012 at 11:44 AM
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #7297
Bato
Studly Adventurer

El Mananero

Old 03-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #7298
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
El Castigo es tres dias de rodar en el EdD.

Who would've guessed that a GoPro could enhance bike performance better than a race tuner?

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #7299
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
Siempre hay discuentos para mananeros! La tarifa deben que ser como 35% del precio normal.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #7300
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Another good reason to stay off the Mex #180. 13 Federales from the Palma Sola detachment were supposedly taken hostage by heavily armed gunmen earlier this morning. Things are pretty intense up their right now with air and land and sea forces involved. This could be interesting as the story just moved on the website of the only paper you can trust in the entire state.
Courtesy of Notiver, if it ain't in there, you don' need to know it, senor".

‘LEVANTAN’ A POLICIAS FEDERALES!

27 Marzo, 2012 07:10:00
PARTE DE GUERRA

Esta madrugada se supo que trese elementos del retén de la Policía Federal en Palma Sola fueron “levantados” por un comando armado, de inmediato se dio la alerta al Operativo Conjunto “Veracruz Seguro” que inició un operativo de búsqueda.

Fuerzas federales y estatales rastrean la zona en busca de los elementos de la Policía Federal por tierra y aire, con equipo sofisticado desde los helicópteros hasta tanquetas.

La búsqueda es intensa.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #7301
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,058
Is this Palma Sola up near Poza Rica ?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #7302
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Yes, but it is about 1.5 hours south of there, it is about 10 klicks north of the Laguna Verde Nuke Plant and home of the 3 eyed fish.

Meanwhile, small cc bike riders are fed up and hasta la madre in Cordoba and they organized a worthwhile protest today to draw attention to transit police corruption there. The transit cops are getting more and more desperate. I had a run in with Veracruz transit cops still up to their old tricks and when I told them I was going to call the military and report them they changed their tune (the short and less colorful version of the encounter).

Call anytime if you are the victim to be of a transit cop here:

229-125-4884
229-231-1014
553-293-8256

Call regular cops and the military will arrive with them if you dial: 066 emergency number
Plantón de motociclistas!

27 Marzo, 2012 07:12:00

El operativo en contra de motociclistas heredado por el "Veracruz Seguro" a las corporaciones de Tránsito en cinco municipios de la región de Córdoba, generó la reacción de un centenar de ciudadanos en contra de elementos de Seguridad Pública y Tránsito, al asegurar ser "tratados como delincuentes".

En el afán de regular a este sector, acusaron motociclistas que este lunes se plantaron en la explanada del palacio municipal de Córdoba tras bloquear las dos principales avenidas del centro, acusaron de ser "extorsionados" hasta con mil 500 pesos en cada operativo que se realiza en la zona centro.

José Rafael Arreola, uno de los motociclistas participantes y quien dijo representa a más de 2 mil 500 amantes del motociclismo, acusó arbitrariedades del personal de Tránsito del Estado y Seguridad Pública en la zona centro, donde se les decomisan las unidades bajo cualquier pretexto.

"En muchas ocasiones, sale más caro liberar las unidades que el propio costo de la motocicleta, por lo cual muchos prefieren dejarla perder en los corralones", expresaron otros entre la multitud, la cual fue atendida por Eligio Vázquez, delegado de Política Regional en Córdoba.

Esta singular manifestación se resolvió en cuestión de una hora, luego de obtener el compromiso de Eligio Vázquez, que todas las unidades detenidas podrán ser recuperadas mediante pagos parciales en el costo de su regularización, pero, deberán cumplir con lo establecido en el reglamento vial como es emplacarlas, portar copia de la factura, licencia y usar el casco todo el tiempo.

Los motociclistas procedieron de Paso del Macho, Atoyac, Huatusco, Fortín, Yanga y Córdoba, quienes se dijeron cansados de ser amenazados en los operativos de seguridad, por lo que exigieron que éstos se conduzcan apegados a la ley.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #7303
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,058
The first three phone numbers are to who ?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #7304
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

I am not sure exactly which government department but these new numbers replace the old one they had that rang to the military (Marina in this case). The last is recognizable as a fed number the first two are local Veracruz.
I'll let you know if I have to try them out. You can make a local transito turn white as a sheet when you press the point that you are prepared to report them and wait for the military to arrive and take a report, these days. They are getting really hungry since the mordida rug has been pulled out from under them, though the truckers are still complaining and that has drawn more attention to the transitos they kept on when they cleaned house.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #7305
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Test

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pnhgir