I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ebatjj
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #7307
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post

Lando's on the main drag in Cd Acuña - used to hit that place often when I was at Laughlin AFB in Del Rio
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #7308
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
When you get the urge to reload your supply of these remember that here at Casa Tricepilot we run the Mexico Mordida License Company. Color copier, photo paper, laminator, cutting board all ready to go.

Not for riders like Sjoerd in this situation because he has the skills down pat, but for others who have not been through this experience, for a small fee we provide 3 fake licenses and will role play a realistic traffic stop in Mexico with you as the unaware rider, and me, Schizzman, Bato and Chango as the Mexican coppers bent on taking your money.

Our "Deluxe Package" includes the simulated experience of being taken downtown to face Jimmex as the Judge.
Transitos? what's that?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #7309
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,424
Shutter Bugs

"Photography in Mexico" will be on display at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art through July 8th, 2012.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #7310
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Bato screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 09:27 AM
Old 03-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #7311
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
Update on the Federales story from yesterday.
Turns out it was 3 and not 13, and nobody is saying much more.
SANOS Y SALVOS LOS FEDERALES!

28 Marzo, 2012 07:11:00

DE PALMA SOLA

Aunque las autoridades evitaron que trascendiera, lo cierto es que tres agentes de la Policía Federal habrían sido secuestrados por un grupo fuera de la ley, liberándolos este martes por la mañana.

Los elementos de la PF se encontraban en las inmediaciones de su destacamento, ubicado en Palma Sola, muy cerca de la central nucleoeléctrica de Laguna Verde, cuando un comando fuertemente armado les aplicó el clásico “levantón”.

Se informó que minutos después de los hechos, las fuerzas armadas montaron un operativo por aire y tierra en los municipios de Vega de Alatorre, Alto Lucero y Actopan con la intención de rescatar a los tres elementos que se encontraban en un punto de la carretera en labor de vigilancia.

Aunque los plagiados, ya están a salvo, hasta el momento la vocería del operativo “Veracruz Seguro”, no ha emitido un comunicado acerca del estado de salud de los elementos y si derivado del despliegue militar, hubiera o no detenidos.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #7312
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Sr

So say SR, how long it takes in hrs & min from Dgo to Maza por el monte do you guys camp on the way or is it one day thing?
maybe i can go spend the night in Monclova and continue through San Pedro a day or two before the start
Saludos
Old 03-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #7313
BMW Kurt
Bluesman

Oddometer: 10,534
OK, guys. I just updated my ride report with pictures. I'll be crossing into Piedras Negras tomorrow.

I spoke with the rangers in Big Bend and they said the crossing to Boquillas may not be open until this summer.

Adios!
My Travel Blog
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #7314
SR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
So say SR, how long it takes in hrs & min from Dgo to Maza por el monte do you guys camp on the way or is it one day thing?
maybe i can go spend the night in Monclova and continue through San Pedro a day or two before the start
Saludos

The trip that we discussed is two long days. We stay the night in some nice wood cabins in a place called Mexiquillo. There are several different registration options depending on whether or not you need lodging or transportation back from Mazatlan to Durango. Walter will rent two semi trailers and a bus to get the ATVs, dirt bikes and people back to Dgo on the last day.

I am taking the DRZ and plan to just ride back up the Espinazo. If you had a DS bike you could send the saddle packs and mirrors etc, down with the chase vehicle and put them back on in Mazatlan for street riding.

We should be starting pre-route riding soon. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!

Will you be joining us? I hope so!

http://www.atvrutadurangomazatlan.com/index.html
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767301

SR

SR screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 07:22 PM
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #7315
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Kurt View Post
OK, guys. I just updated my ride report with pictures. I'll be crossing into Piedras Negras tomorrow.

I spoke with the rangers in Big Bend and they said the crossing to Boquillas may not be open until this summer.

Adios!
I absolutely knew the Guv'mint couldn't pull this off by the stated time. I wonder what the cost overruns are.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #7316
BMW Kurt
Bluesman

Oddometer: 10,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
I absolutely knew the Guv'mint couldn't pull this off by the stated time. I wonder what the cost overruns are.
It's been a while since I've been on the southern border, but there seems to be Border Patrol every 4 or 5 miles. Don't remember seeing them on my trips to Canada.
My Travel Blog
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #7317
ggoytia
Mobile Fatso

Oddometer: 190
Bato..........
Best video......WOW o Wow............or should I say aaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
What a good looking woman...... A fair skinned woman in a mulata's body with the voice of an angel

hahhahahahaha

Thanks for the post

Quote:
ggoytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #7318
Bato
Studly Adventurer

They are everyday in Galavison they call her LA REATA = Lasso= rope) slang for dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoytia View Post
Bato..........
Best video......WOW o Wow............or should I say aaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
What a good looking woman...... A fair skinned woman in a mulata's body with the voice of an angel

hahhahahahaha

Thanks for the post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #7319
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Yeap! I'm in! will have to work on the logistics though...Let's see I might trailer the F650 to Dgo or Just go Jimmex style with no hard bags on the KLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
The trip that we discussed is two long days. We stay the night in some nice wood cabins in a place called Mexiquillo. There are several different registration options depending on whether or not you need lodging or transportation back from Mazatlan to Durango. Walter will rent two semi trailers and a bus to get the ATVs, dirt bikes and people back to Dgo on the last day.

I am taking the DRZ and plan to just ride back up the Espinazo. If you had a DS bike you could send the saddle packs and mirrors etc, down with the chase vehicle and put them back on in Mazatlan for street riding.

We should be starting pre-route riding soon. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!

Will you be joining us? I hope so!

http://www.atvrutadurangomazatlan.com/index.html
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767301

SR
Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #7320
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,524
SR,
How difficult is the route? Is it reasonably doable on GS?
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote