ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #91
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,964
I've update my other thread on the next batch.

You can email CPR for a FI Map to try out based off there dyne testing.
Something to try at least.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #92
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,803
They only have a couple for the Superduke, secondary flies removed....I don't want to hurt this expensive motor...we need volunteers to take advantage of their 'mapping program' in SoCal
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #93
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,632
Damnit Craig, I need to save up for college and you keep releasing awesome stuff.

In theory would a person be able to rejet with just removing the right tank with this airbox?
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #94
adiablolex
Lost again

Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
Damnit Craig, I need to save up for college and you keep releasing awesome stuff.

In theory would a person be able to rejet with just removing the right tank with this airbox?
it looks like the tank doesn't have to come off to remove the carbs/throttle bodies
Old 04-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #95
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,819
Excuse me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiablolex View Post
it looks like the tank doesn't have to come off to remove the carbs/throttle bodies
You meant to write something else?
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #96
adiablolex
Lost again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
You meant to write something else?
Nope- I meant that
As soon as I get my kit I will put it to the test and see how she rolls.
It does look that without the airbox it's doable, maybe someone with the kit installed can shed some light?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #97
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,976
I'll be installing mine on Friday, followed by a trip to the Dyno on Saturday and then a trail ride on Sunday I guess i should fill you guys in with pics and stuff?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #98
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiablolex View Post
Nope- I meant that
As soon as I get my kit I will put it to the test and see how she rolls.
It does look that without the airbox it's doable, maybe someone with the kit installed can shed some light?
Yes, it is.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #99
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I'll be installing mine on Friday, followed by a trip to the Dyno on Saturday and then a trail ride on Sunday I guess i should fill you guys in with pics and stuff?
Hey,
you've got the order wrong. Saturday trip to dyno. Three runs for base. Install new filter then three runs for average. Ride Sunday. Ship new Tractionater to Tahoeacr on Monday(free of course).

tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #100
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Hey,
you've got the order wrong. Saturday trip to dyno. Three runs for base. Install new filter then three runs for average. Ride Sunday. Ship new Tractionater to Tahoeacr on Monday(free of course).

Baseline would be nice but we're under the gun for the MX 1000. I just want to get the jetting right for the new filter. What will be able to do is prove once and for all that the left side merge is better than the right side merge I have a pallet of HT's coming in next week.........
Old 04-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #101
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,540
Pesky jets any ways.... 1s and 0s baby :). Looking forward to getting my hands on both the 990 and 950 versions of this filter system.

Microsquirt with a set of these throttle bodies would be super cool, granted not in time for the MX1000

From RD-throttle
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #102
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
Pesky jets any ways.... 1s and 0s baby :). Looking forward to getting my hands on both the 990 and 950 versions of this filter system.

Microsquirt with a set of these throttle bodies would be super cool, granted not in time for the MX1000

From RD-throttle
Wow, that is pretty! I want to Fuel inject my SE so bad Soon!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #103
adiablolex
Lost again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Yes, it is.
let the jetting begin!!

thanks man
Old 04-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #104
EdGear
Edventurer

Oddometer: 536
Here is a little detail on the shield I made to go under the Rottweiler foam filter. The goal is to separate the air intakes from the heat created by the motor and water splashing up around the motor. Fortunately there is a frame member roughly parallel to the plane of the Rottweiler base plate. The fuel tanks surround this frame member on the outside. My idea is to make a metal shield that goes from the frame member under the baseplate and up the other side to the opposite frame member. The shield is long starting at the rats nest of wiring behind the head tube and going all the way back to frame cross member near the sub frame junction. The shield is held in place by the spring force of the rolled edges with help from duct tape.

Here is the area you get to work with. Note Rottweiler gasket rings installed on throttle body towers.

I made a form template with 10” wide aluminum flashing. I cut it with scissors and formed it by bending it with my fingers. There needs to be cut outs for the velocity stacks, the map sensor and the crank case breather hose. There is a part of the throttle body assembly on the right side of the rear velocity stack where the shield must be cut out in order to allow the Rottweiler base plate to mount.

I posted this photo of the sample template install.

Here is a side view with the right tank removed. The area below the shield is more open than with the air box so there should be more air flow and cooling.

Here is the sample form removed to use as a template.

I transferred the pattern of the sample template to some thicker aluminum sheet. I cut the form with a saber saw and metal snips. I made adjustments with a metal file and tried to remove all the sharp edges. I used metal pipe as a form to roll the edges. I folded metal under along front and back edges to give a clear upper surface. The bottom is covered with heat shield hiding the folded metal.

Top side of shield

Bottom side with heat shield attached

Shield in place with crankcase breather and map wire connector. I had to make the hole in the shield larger to accommodate the extra space required by the connector.

Duct Tape sealing shied to frame members, clear duct tape used over KTM stickers so you can see VIN.

Rottweiler baseplate mounted

Velocity stacks

Mount filter with quarter turn fasteners.

The area in front of the filter

To allow more air into the “filter box” area I put spacers under the glove box base. There are two bolts in front of the glove box and two near the back corners of the glove box. I didn’t want to raise the rear of the glove box very much because it would affect the height of the seat mount. I used 4.5mm spacers in the front and 2mm spacers (washers) in the rear. Gasket adhesive will help keep the spacers from dropping into the engine. (why do I know this) This creates a gap all the way around the glove box mask.

Side view

From front

With seat
EdGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #105
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,540
Still waiting for our batch to show so that we can start designing and tuning......

good news is CPRfab just released another run so ours should be here next week

Now... time to go out into the shop and work on LC8s
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote