Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgsr View Post
Ill post one soon as I can. Im still waiting for the Rekluse and Hyde pipe/skid guard before i really take it out. Ive been working on getting the jetting figured. Although I can tell you, I came of a Kawi 450 and this thing RIPS. It does not have the top-end of the 450 but will out pull the 450 at the low and mid range. Super light and I love the way this thing turns!
Im 6'3" and have never met a KTM i was comfortable on and the GG feels even smaller. I do ride with several GG 300 riders so I will soon find out what is what.
Also I picked this up brand new for 2000 bucks less than the GG or KTM.
I wish BMW would step it up,and get more dealers behind Husky!

I had a 435 Husky 2 stroke when i was a young man.I'll tell you what,,,it was a tuff old bike.Maybe alittle faster then my KTM440 i had at the time.

I have to say,i wasnt comfy on to many other dirt bikes,till i went orange.But understand what its like try'n to find the bike that your comfy on.
I'm the other page of the book,5'8" 170lbs.I can't ever touch the ground but once moving im good togo.

I ride the NorthEast,so its the three R's for me,Rocks,Ruts,and Roots.So theres nothing better then a 2 stroke with a 6 speed and a plate.But ride'n alot of other places in this great country i know what works on the East coast wont be top notch elsewhere.
I've owned or rode pretty much every make and model 2 stroke trail bike out there.But i'm still blown away by the modern smokes on the market today.
The KTM300 has it all hands down,for me anyway.But i dont need more then my XC200W,and perfer the 125 chassi over the SX style 250+ frames.
GasGas made a dealer only edition 300,with an Ohlin option suspention package,and a good friend had one.That bike was the closest i found to perfect for what i ride.Chassi was smaller then the KTM's,and Huskys,the motor was just as good[although i dig the button]but the chassi was bout the perfect size.

Blah,blah,blah,,,,,,looking forward to the RR.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote