Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #91
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Asking again, can you guys recommend suitable liners for the 9" Safari bags, please?

A.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lsu0fl
Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #92
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
Asking again, can you guys recommend suitable liners for the 9" Safari bags, please?

A.

---
Cee Baileys.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #93
malloy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
Yeah Okie1, customer service is critical in today's economy with so many choices, internet access, critical forums, etc. Hopefully Al will get it right this time around because his products are great and he shouldn't loose you, me and other customers because of lousy service. Checking and responding on a daily basis to this thread and in other forums where he has initiated a thread is a must. Perhaps this is one of things "Chris" will be doing.

If he's going to offer a discount, it should be listed in the stickied thread run by GB so it is obvious. I'm not sure if free shipping is a discount. But one could have a discount instead of free shipping and be posted in the discount thread, additional exposure.

Having Jim VonBaden doing the install instructions is a real plus compared to the past. It's a step in the right direction. The other guy's video was quick confidence booster, having been through the Jesse install nightmares of the past.

Good luck, Al & Chris.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #94
Buckeye71
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I received mine a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten around to posting yet. A single email and a single phone call is all it took to place the order.

As usual everything bolted right up and fit right the first time. Thanks Al!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #95
LewisNClark
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Alternative to liners

Quote:

A.

---
Jesse has liners that match the bags and I do have their liners.,,,work fine but I find that "compression bags" (from REI, WallyWorld, etc) really work well.

I have all my rain gear compressed in one bag and inside of the right case LID. Jesse's provide a lot of extra space with the storage in the lids and being top loading you can compress a lot of stuff into bags.

If I'm in a motel I put all clothes, etc needed into one or two compressed bags for removal to a motel room, and simply leave things not needed in the locked bags.

Love my Jesses.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:49 AM   #96
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the comments folks, but my question is specifically concerning liners for Jesse's slimmer 9" Safari cases.

The shape and dimensions of the Cee Baileys liners, the Kathy's liners, etc, etc, all indicate that they are designed for the bigger Jesse Odyssey cases.

Al - can you please work with me on this? Do you guys do liners for the 9" Safari cases? If not, can you recommend?

a.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #97
RJL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Here ya go!!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779837

Quote:
Thanks for the comments folks, but my question is specifically concerning liners for Jesse's slimmer 9" Safari cases.

The shape and dimensions of the Cee Baileys liners, the Kathy's liners, etc, etc, all indicate that they are designed for the bigger Jesse Odyssey cases.

Al - can you please work with me on this? Do you guys do liners for the 9" Safari cases? If not, can you recommend?

a.
RJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #98
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Cee Baileys.

They should still be available from http://www.xplorermoto.com/accessories.html#liners
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #99
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloy View Post
Yeah Okie1, customer service is critical in today's economy with so many choices, internet access, critical forums, etc. Hopefully Al will get it right this time around because his products are great and he shouldn't loose you, me and other customers because of lousy service. Checking and responding on a daily basis to this thread and in other forums where he has initiated a thread is a must. Perhaps this is one of things "Chris" will be doing.

If he's going to offer a discount, it should be listed in the stickied thread run by GB so it is obvious. I'm not sure if free shipping is a discount. But one could have a discount instead of free shipping and be posted in the discount thread, additional exposure.

Having Jim VonBaden doing the install instructions is a real plus compared to the past. It's a step in the right direction. The other guy's video was quick confidence booster, having been through the Jesse install nightmares of the past.

Good luck, Al & Chris.
I am doing everything I can to help with customer support. Jesse Luggage is and always will be a small family run business which means that everyone involved wears many hats. My hat is dealers sales and social media which involves making all of you happy:) We will continue to grow and offer better instructions, forum discounts and new exciting products and number one- good customer service.
All of your input here on ADV is super helpful and we take every idea, criticism and praise to heart.
Sincerely,
Chris
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #100
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Now that many of you have read my last post. Here is an update. Our email server crashed on Friday the 6th and was not back up until this morning and we lost about 75 emails. If you do not get a response to your questions or an order confirmation in the next 24 hours please resend your email.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Jesse Luggage screwed with this post 04-09-2012 at 12:50 PM
Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #101
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCBR View Post
Hello,

Placed an order today. I was dealing with a salesperson who was admittedly "new" at her job.

Mentioned ADV and Chris and got charged the $1280 (Super Tenere Odyssey 2) that I would assume everybody gets. So not sure if there is an inmate discount or not.

Also made a request to see if one could order the Odyssey 2 brackets sans the "1200" cutout. Was told No but that would be a nice option for people in the future.

Looking forward to getting the system.

Thanks,
Andy
I ordered last week and I'm pretty sure I dealt with the same girl. She was very nice and tried to be helpful, but clearly was a bit clueless about details of the product. I can't say I'm upset with her, but was a bit frustrated to say the least.

Mr. Jesse, please do a bit of training with your employees so they have answers to basic questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
Malloy- Thanks for the vid. The only ADV special right now is free shipping in the 48 States. You have to say at the time you place the order "Because Chris Said". If you do not you will be charged shipping.
I wish I would have known that. Would have been nice to save $50. Oh well. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow so hopefully the bags are as awesome as everyone says they are.
oz97tj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #102
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Hey Oz- We are working on her education. Make sure to use the free shipping code on your top case order. Everyone please feel free to email me direct at dealers@jesseluggage.com and if it would be helpful to talk on the phone PM me your phone number and the best time to call. I like talking to our customers
Old 04-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #103
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,714
What is the combined capacity on the 8" safari for the F800GS?
I see the 9" is 85 liters.
I have the 8 and was wondering how much space I would gain with the 9s.
rockinrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #104
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJL View Post
Thank you - maybe I'll get lucky!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #105
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
What is the combined capacity on the 8" safari for the F800GS?
I see the 9" is 85 liters.
I have the 8 and was wondering how much space I would gain with the 9s.

The 8" Safari's are 78 liters combined.