ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #9571
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzmaico View Post
Do you see a car tire on the back of his Goldwing in any of his pictures?

I know he mentioned some where on this thread what kind of tire he runs, but I couldn't find it


No Yellow wolf here, just a couple of dangerous car tire Goldwings at Seca Laguna.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmNqK...787903635CE9A1
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #9572
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo64c View Post
No Yellow wolf here, just a couple of dangerous car tire Goldwings at Seca Laguna.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmNqK...787903635CE9A1
I guess you must agree that car tires are a joke on a bike.

Turn 4 and 5 he gets all wobbly the rest don't look to steady either. Considering how much the camera bike had to back off I guess he's running a proper MC tire vs the bike he's filming.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #9573
Barry
Just Beastly
 
Barry's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericksburg, Va.
Oddometer: 7,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPete View Post
You serious? ATTGATT overrated? It ain't boo-boos sliding down the tarmac in jeans and a tanktop, even at 30mph!


Trolling post or the voice of ignorance.

Ask Indian Larry... Oh wait, too late.

Even just bad road rash, ya got < 20 minutes to get it washed and covered before the fires of hell start. Been there done that. [/QUOTE]

I'm going straight to ingnorance... YUP.
__________________
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #9574
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwoodward's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Pacific NorthWet, Napa Valley North
Oddometer: 5,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix View Post
I understood him. It's a Grants Pass thing... "It's the Climate!"
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #9575
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....
 
goodcat8's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Trolling post or the voice of ignorance.

Ask Indian Larry... Oh wait, too late.

Even just bad road rash, ya got < 20 minutes to get it washed and covered before the fires of hell start. Been there done that.

I'm going straight to ingnorance... YUP.
Calling someone "ignorant" because you disagree with his dressing habits is ignorant. I'll blast dbl line crossing, bagger dragging, squids all day because they can get me hurt. I could give a s**t what a riders wearing. You wanna roll out in boxers, flip-flops and no helmet more power to ya. This whole ADV "ATGAT" sermon is hilarious. Wear what ya want while you've still got the freedom to do so.
__________________
2014 Triumph Scrambler
Prior: 3rd Battalion - 6th Marines - 2nd Marine Division - Lima Company - 2nd Platoon - 0311

goodcat8 screwed with this post 04-06-2012 at 02:59 PM
goodcat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #9576
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
I guess you must agree that car tires are a joke on a bike.

Turn 4 and 5 he gets all wobbly the rest don't look to steady either. Considering how much the camera bike had to back off I guess he's running a proper MC tire vs the bike he's filming.

Absolutely, no way a Goldwing running a car tire on the back can corner effectively, especially at a race track.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #9577
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jim Moore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Oddometer: 13,065
We got us some badasses up in this bitch today!
__________________
Jim Moore
Jax, FL

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #9578
Barry
Just Beastly
 
Barry's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericksburg, Va.
Oddometer: 7,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
Calling someone "ignorant" because you disagree with his dressing habits is ignorant. I'll blast dbl line crossing, bagger dragging, squids all day because they can get me hurt. I could give a s**t what a riders wearing. You wanna roll out in boxers, flip-flops and no helmet more power to ya. This whole ADV "ATGAT" sermon is hilarious. Wear what ya want while you've still got the freedom to do so.
I had the choice of "ignorant" or "troll". Given all the comments, ignorant seems to be the most likely. Just sayin'... Believe it's a woman, and she may be nice, but Darwin loves motorcycles. Why go 60/70 mph with OUT proper gear???

Even at 35mph around town, I can't go to less than jeans + all gear (proper moto boots, FF helmet, proper gloves, moto specific jacket). Won't get on a bike with less than that. Start arguing the logic of a car tire on a bike, and you get placed into full on fucktard category. Is what it is.

Barry
__________________
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #9579
blk-betty
bam-a-lam
 
blk-betty's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
I had the choice of "ignorant" or "troll". Given all the comments, ignorant seems to be the most likely. Just sayin'... Believe it's a woman, and she may be nice, but Darwin loves motorcycles. Why go 60/70 mph with OUT proper gear???

Even at 35mph around town, I can't go to less than jeans + all gear (proper moto boots, FF helmet, proper gloves, moto specific jacket). Won't get on a bike with less than that. Start arguing the logic of a car tire on a bike, and you get placed into full on fucktard category. Is what it is.

Barry
I started another thread, lets leave ATGATT out of this one.
__________________
Any day on a dirt road is a great day
blk-betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #9580
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo64c View Post
Absolutely, no way a Goldwing running a car tire on the back can corner effectively, especially at a race track.
Excellent so it's settled then.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #9581
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
Excellent so it's settled then.
__________________
2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #9582
TrashCan
Scary Jerry
 
TrashCan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Louisville, Tn
Oddometer: 4,405
I just didn't see it coming.



__________________
X the DY.

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #9583
ecubed
LFC Cat
 
ecubed's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Nova Scotia & Virgina
Oddometer: 695
ATGATT ??? your kidding me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Guess I just take things too serioulsy but seemed a little ironic that you posted about the freedom of the open road, America at its finest and a dumb american, wearing a stupid half helmet with no gloves and yet your sig line says Ride Your Own Ride.

ATGATT is overrated.... it's for guys who are either too afraid of a boo-boo or those who feel like thay have to put on an amour suit to prove how manly they are to participate in such a dangerous activity.
People always ask me if I am hot in my riding suit.....my reply???

"Why yes, I am hot...I dress for the fall, not the ride"....and yes, my helmet says ARAI.

AND...how are you going to explain to her parents YOU disfigured their daughter??? Get real.
__________________
'02 XRL '95 K11RS '14 KZ1000ABS

ecubed screwed with this post 04-06-2012 at 06:09 PM Reason: AND...
ecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #9584
OldPete
Be aware
 
OldPete's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Oddometer: 4,700
OK no ATGATT.

I was not joking about Indian Larry as he would be alive today if he wore a helmet while stunting.

IIRC, it was many years ago in a Daytona BMW dealership that the manager rolled a bike off the center stand while seated on the bike.
The center stand decided at that time to break, throwing his unhelmeted head to the floor killing him.
OldPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #9585
ParrotheadJeff
Guest
 
Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
I guess you must agree that car tires are a joke on a bike.

Turn 4 and 5 he gets all wobbly the rest don't look to steady either. Considering how much the camera bike had to back off I guess he's running a proper MC tire vs the bike he's filming.
Not taking sides on this one, just pointing out that per the video description both bikes were running car tires on the back

Quote:
Weekend of Thanksgiving 2011. Both Wings running car tires (Yokohama on lead bike, Kuhmo on chase bike). Got tired of going around the track on our sportbikes and decides to relax a bit.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014