Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #11
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Seasider: This event will be more like 2006. Much more dirt oriented. The best bikes then were singles, although time keeping is much more important than the type of motorcycle. In 2010 the Canol roads had serious mud, so all the twins were very slow through there. I'd say bring the bike you are most comfortable on. You definitely need heat. You'll have plenty of wet and cold weather. The thumper riders like Crankshaft stopped and made under vests out of plastic garbage bags to retain more body heat! Also, the liason between TSD sections are challenging because of the distances to get to your next start time. You can't dawdle, so your bike should to be able to cruise around 70mph. Some of the KTM singles only cruised about 60, so they were always rolling up just before their TSD start time.

B1ksolo - The rally starts at a Hotel in Kirkland, just north of Seattle on Monday August 20th. Most arrive Saturday, unload and commence finishing the prep work they never got to . Sunday August 19th is sign in, scrutineering, downloading gps, route charts and the rally master's meeting. The rally typically starts at 8am on Monday with vehicles leaving a minute apart. The first TSD will be a paved section through the apple country northeast of Seattle. This gives everybody a chance to get comfortable navigating their route charts. If you're new to it, it can be quite challenging at first trying to ride and read all your crap at the same time.

9 days later the rally will end at Anchorage, AK. There will be an awards banquet that night. By then, you'll have many new friends and a great time will be had by everyone. Next morning, some will load their bikes onto trailers brought by the rally crews, and ride in a truck/car the way back to Seattle. I always rode back, though. It's about 2200 miles and I typically did it in 3.5 days. Almost everybody towed to Seattle and towed home, so we had to make arrangements to park our rigs.

Go to my first post and click on the link that shows the daily routes. Then go to google maps and take a look. Go to satellite and zoom in to see the terrain.
thanks Pantah
I need to open my eyes, all the info is there in the link, I'm 95% in on this one
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote