Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonotto View Post
One nite we decided to walk home from the bar. There was thick fog on the road and I heard a VW bug coming. I told my buddies to walk like Zombies in the road {sounded like a good plan when your drunk} Anywho..the bug got closer and saw us...he dropped down a gear and punch it...it took off and we laughed . 5 mins. later we hear a V8 coming so we do the same thing..This time the guyin a pick up punches it and heads right for us ..we ran to a fence, he jumped the grass and we had to jump the fence to keep from getting run over ...no more Zombie marches for us
Just like . . .

Quote:
Bill Murray. In “Zombieland,” he is pitch perfect playing himself, and he does a good job of poking fun at his own career choices. At one point, the comedian is mistaken for a zombie and takes a full-frontal shotgun blast. As he slowly, and hilariously, dies, one of the other characters ask if he regrets anything. With his final breath, Murray wheezes, “Garfield.”
Never a good idea to imitate a zombie as a joke. After outing his joking zombie impersonation (inside his own home) to two of the refugees on the road, he's persuaded to again perform for the other two who've been elsewhere exploring Murray's home. They are fully taken in by his performance, and shoot him. He's a good sport about it, but the wounds are fatal.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesLathe View Post
In the darkest regions of my mind, I remembered my sons telling me all about . . . Zombies. That did it. My 57 year old heart went to the brink of self destruction and my mind ran away with me. I just trembled as quietly as I could and prayed. When the zombies are really there, right there in the black yard with you, but you can't see anything, what good are preparations?

Either the prayers worked, Bearshark the Bonneville T100 kept the zombies away, they didn't see me in the dark, or, maybe, I decided, it was a screech owl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonotto View Post
.This time the guyin a pick up punches it and heads right for us ..we ran to a fence, he jumped the grass and we had to jump the fence to keep from getting run over ...no more Zombie marches for us
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
Zombies are no joke my friend...

And those who want huge fire power to kill the soft headed mush brains are asking for it. I want a 22, with 10,000 round so CB...almost no noise and cheap as dirt.

Knives? Only for preparing food, I don't need any zombie juice splashed on me.

I know this is a motorcycle site but they are not going to work when the zombies show up...I would have to take my truck.

Forgot the main reason I was answering this! The .410 in the backpack. Excellent choice for a second weapon. Cheap ammo, enough power to poke a hole in anything and small. I got one of them also.
That is where this zombie escapism is potentially dangerous. It is conditioning people to have a specific reaction (shoot first) and decouples their sense of the humane from "zombies". What happens if it becomes common for senile elderly to wander around? If people mus-perceive they can commit tragic mistakes. Also similar to the Y2K phenomenon, you have some expressing disturbing anti-social behavior, and that is BEFORE anything actually happens.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
Zombies are no joke my friend...

. . . .

I know this is a motorcycle site but they are not going to work when the zombies show up...I would have to take my truck.

Forgot the main reason I was answering this! The .410 in the backpack. Excellent choice for a second weapon. Cheap ammo, enough power to poke a hole in anything and small. I got one of them also.

It all depends on the density of the zombie horde. If they are well spaced apart, and not in a dense "Resident Evil" type mob, then just a reliable two wheeler with plenty of swing-around space would be adequate. Then you would be well served to use either Cricket Bat, or Katana (刀).

Reliable (and with good elbow room for using club or sword) and sturdy transport.

Shaun's picked the good old Cricket Bat.

While this chap has chosen to use his well-honed Katana (more commonly idenified as a Samurai Sword).
Old 04-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
Tucson Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
The .410 in the backpack. Excellent choice for a second weapon. Cheap ammo,
Where are you finding 'cheap' .410 ammo, out here it is through the roof.

The only decision you have to make is what to do with the time you have been given

'07 Vulcan 1500 FI
Tucson Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #20
fuelish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
It all depends on the density of the zombie horde. If they are well spaced apart, and not in a dense "Resident Evil" type mob, then just a reliable two wheeler with plenty of swing-around space would be adequate. Then you would be well served to use either Cricket Bat, or Katana (刀).

Reliable (and with good elbow room for using club or sword) and sturdy transport.

Shaun's picked the good old Cricket Bat.

While this chap has chosen to use his well-honed Katana (more commonly idenified as a Samurai Sword).
That guy is holding a long handled broad sword. A better choice than a katana, more reach. A cross bow, or compound bow would be good. Quiet, reusable ammo. There is the infection issue. If you can get infected from a bite you can get infected from other fluids splashed in the eyes or mouth. There is a guy around here with a Zombie Assault van.
Found a pic:
fuelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #21
BeerIsGood

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesLathe View Post
Late last summer, I was headed back to North Carolina after a trip out to Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho where I'd met my sons for a few days of riding -- they stayed in Washington when we moved here in 2007. When I got to the Mississippi, I found most of the bridges were still out from last year's floods. As it neared dark, I spotted an abandoned farm house looking lonely and surrounded by very tall grass. I turned around, rode through the grass where I thought the driveway had been, and parked around back where I set up my tarp, ate a can of beans, and went to bed.

A couple of hours later, I woke to thunder and lightening. A few minutes after that, the rain began to pour down. It was purely black all around. I heard one animal tear the life from another, presumably smaller, one. I felt disquieted which made sense in the thunderous din.

Then the screams began. At first I assumed someone was murdering hitchhikers in the old house. (It was so close to dark when I pulled in, I'd only glanced inside the place, saw its ruinous state, and assumed it was indeed abandoned.) What could I do to save the hitchhikers? I couldn't even distinguish my hand from the darkness.

In the darkest regions of my mind, I remembered my sons telling me all about . . . Zombies. That did it. My 57 year old heart went to the brink of self destruction and my mind ran away with me. I just trembled as quietly as I could and prayed. When the zombies are really there, right there in the black yard with you, but you can't see anything, what good are preparations?

Either the prayers worked, Bearshark the Bonneville T100 kept the zombies away, they didn't see me in the dark, or, maybe, I decided, it was a screech owl.

Regards, Chuck
Maybe a flashlight?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
That is where this zombie escapism is potentially dangerous. It is conditioning people to have a specific reaction (shoot first) and decouples their sense of the humane from "zombies". What happens if it becomes common for senile elderly to wander around? If people mus-perceive they can commit tragic mistakes. Also similar to the Y2K phenomenon, you have some expressing disturbing anti-social behavior, and that is BEFORE anything actually happens.
Really? I mean, seriously?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #23
100mpg
This sentance intent

Good idea. Put that on the trailer hitch mount for exploring off road. It would come in handy, for making quiet less conspicuous runs to get gas and supplies.

AND, I hope it is the walking dead type zombies...they are slow and dumb. In Dawn of the dead, they are too fast!

Quote:

100mpg screwed with this post 04-08-2012 at 09:28 AM
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Just performed a 'search' with the term: "zombie-proof clothing?" Lot of information about on this subject.

Protective Clothing

The Zombie Survival Wiki lists many options-

With just these four you have (A) Protection from powerful bites, (B) Protection from chemical and biological threats, (C) Protection from rifle bullets (& possibly slowed explosion particles), to (D) Protection from a rapier or kendo stick.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #25
100mpg
This sentance intent

I'll take A. A zombie bite has to really really hurt.
Quote:
Just performed a 'search' with the term: "zombie-proof clothing?" Lot of information about on this subject.

Protective Clothing

The Zombie Survival Wiki lists many options-

With just these four you have (A) Protection from powerful bites, (B) Protection from chemical and biological threats, (C) Protection from rifle bullets (& possibly slowed explosion particles), to (D) Protection from a rapier or kendo stick.
A blacked out Ruckus...No shiny parts to attract attention. I like it.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
I would want to stay mobile, I would pack light, grab my favorite hat and hit the road.

mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #27
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphotoman View Post
I would want to stay mobile, I would pack light, grab my favorite hat and hit the road.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #28
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696

I wonder how the reciprocity laws work for Zombie eradication?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #29
Ronin ADV
Gear addict

Oddometer: 594
Quote:

I miss my Ruck.
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #30
Ironhead76
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 26
why has no one mentioned fire? it keeps you warm and kills zombies. when the zombies arrive i'm going to make up a bunch of napalm and get me one of these

and to all the scooter guys, i hope there more like the "I Am Legend" zombies.... you wont last very long