Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #61
D-Pow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Anyone who comes into a thread entitled "gratuitous debaucherous escapism" to complain better be complaining about insufficient levels gratuitous debauchery. For example, one might complain of the rising anti-sparklepony vibe in the most recent post. One might balk, for example, at the "they use their lack of clothing to manipulate us and mooch stuff" POV as a naive, moral perspective inconsistent with the thread title and, disturbingly, signalling fewer sparklepony pics in upcoming posts. However, since the commentary is founded upon sparkleponies not having sex with the author despite taking his drugs, it seems a completely valid point. Please proceed. (Oh, more butt pics please. I found them to be completely gratuitous, thus delivering perfectly on the promise you made in the thread title.)
D-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #62
chomorro
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Did you have to wear a gas mask during the actual burning ceremonies?? I have heard that you can get instant lung cancer from the random mixture of things getting burned.
chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #63
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhooRay View Post
It ain't over 'till it's over.

You've probably forgotten that half of my BA was paid for with a creative writing scholarship. I know what I'm doing when I write a story...most times. It's probably why my life keeps turning out the way it does. I'm not quite ready to be done with the story; it could be better.

I'll be more receptive to critique of the whole work, which I am sure will be deserving.

Until then, thanks for the aid in the dramatic build up.

Lame. Many months to complete the whole work and nothing to show for it. Scholarship wasted. Probably why your life keeps turning out the way it does. It could be better. Nobody cares.

Sparrowhawk screwed with this post 04-09-2012 at 12:48 AM
Sparrowhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #64
RustyStuff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Post moar Sparkle Ponies.

Thanx.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #65
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 661
Lame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
Lame. Many months to complete the whole work and nothing to show for it. Scholarship wasted. Probably why your life keeps turning out the way it does. It could be better. Nobody cares.
Sparrowhawk,
I hope your a friend of JayhooRay and just giving him s%^t. Otherwise, it's his RR or whatever, while the sparkle ponies are great, life exists and things get in the way! You can say what you want on an open forum to some extent, but I feel it's bad form to criticize someones life, education, or attempt at sharing something that is really cool, no matter how slow the story unfolds!
Just my two cents!

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #66
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
Sparrowhawk,
I hope your a friend of JayhooRay and just giving him s%^t. Otherwise, it's his RR or whatever, while the sparkle ponies are great, life exists and things get in the way! You can say what you want on an open forum to some extent, but I feel it's bad form to criticize someones life, education, or attempt at sharing something that is really cool, no matter how slow the story unfolds!
Just my two cents!
i agree 100%!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #67
Bike Nomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
I'm assuming Sparrowhawk is his ex-girlfriend guys.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #68
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Nomad View Post
I'm assuming Sparrowhawk is his ex-girlfriend guys.
Negative Ghostrider. Unless he has multiple former girlfriends here, his former would be W.C. Angel.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #69
Bike Nomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
Negative Ghostrider. Unless he has multiple former girlfriends here, his former would be W.C. Angel.
I stand corrected. I messed that one up. Serves me right for not going back and double checking the handle of the person who made the previous negative posts on this thread. I was figuring that was a re-visit by the vindictive ex-girlfriend--but it turns out he has one of those and his own troll.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #70
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,186
Looking at the location of the newer special friend I'd guess that this person too knows the OP IRL.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #71
JayhooRay OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Chapter 4: A Wedding

Chapter Four: A wedding.

2011 was special. Well, they are all special I guess, but this was a wedding year. As much as I’m tempted to create a photo biography of the lucky couple, I will mostly restrain myself for their privacy. I’m not really sure they would care actually.

[IMG]DSCF4028[/IMG]

Burning Man actually has a reputation for destroying more relationships then it cements. Sure, there are the amped up hook-ups that seem to be magical meetings of soul mates. Those tend to fizzle out after a few months back in the “default” world. Some of them make it. And there are plenty of sweethearts that get into the world where things you never dreamed of are true and a few too many fantasies can become reality and cocktails are ubiquitous and clothing is somehow an enhancement of nudity. Yeah plenty of couples come apart in that environment. And not in the ways you might think where people just want to bone other people. That’s there, but mostly it has a lot more to do with having a blank canvas as large as you could possibly want, surrounded by other artists of life working out their dreams and cheering you on to live yours, and if you are bound to someone and your dreams don’t synchronize with theirs, or you can’t work out how to fly free but hold each other, or you suddenly find them casting judging looks and saying denigrating words about the very embodiment of something you did not until this moment realize was a vibrant part of your soul, well its hard to come back from that.
And then there are those years where people who have their soul mate meet their other soul mate. And then a few years where people discover that their soul mate has been in camp this whole time they’ve just been too busy goofing around. Well, so, Coach and Kitty probably cover that whole spectrum. Good years, bad years, relationship here, relationship there. It was probably all about the sex at first and then some folks found themselves redeemed and finally getting the best they deserved out of life. And all that with grey hair in the goatee.

So one of our favorite days is Go Big Friday. And it started to go big with a wedding. Weddings were a theme this year. We were a little more service oriented this year and so a number of us volunteered to do a few weddings as we have a six foot tall black woman in camp who can be nice for up to twenty minutes at a time and can sign wedding licenses in the state of Nevada. At one wedding the poor couple didn’t really seem to know what they wanted. I couldn’t stand it, stepped in to arrange the wedding party, set photographers up for good angles, and bam, I was a wedding fluffer. At Coach and Kitty’s wedding I got a wee sloppy in my fluffing thanks to all the scotch and a long day of skipping around flirting with Brits and attending cocktail parties and random bars out it the middle of no where.

[IMG]P1030285[/IMG]
[IMG]P1030284[/IMG]

Anyone look familiar in that picture?

Yes, these ladies...NOT brits, just not very friendly Californians. Whatever...

[IMG]P1030286[/IMG]

But my small amount of work turned out. For example, notice how the alter is lined up with the tire tracks as the sparkle ponies emerge from the horizon.

[IMG]P1030295[/IMG]
[IMG]P1030292[/IMG]
[IMG]P1030293[/IMG]
[IMG]P1030294[/IMG]

It was the year we became a family.

[IMG]P1030297[/IMG]

[IMG]DSCF4081[/IMG]

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame. But I know. It's my own damn fault.

'06 Dakar
JayhooRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #72
basepc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I would just like to keep this thread current so that someone else can stumble upon a sparkle pony like I did a while back...they are truly things of beauty.
basepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #73
braq attack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
chapter 5?
braq attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #74
steve_k
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,061
Slow.........