|04-09-2012, 06:32 AM||#1|
Angle of Repose...
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle Ish
2012 Trekking Baja, Copper Canyon
Day 0 – Prologue
This Ride Report (RR) chronicles my (SoosCreek) spring 2012 trip from the US Northwest to the Southwest and Mexico and back. This is my second RR as I did one last year when I took my Honda ST1300 on a trip around the US West. The link is below in my signature block.
This trip I will be taking my 2006 BMW 1200GS and starting down the west coast again but then heading to Baja and Cooper Canyon, Mexico. There are no firm route plans and I do not have a specific timeline.
This year I was able to coordinate a trip via Advrider with a couple of other Inmates who were interested in doing something similar for the Mexico portion of the trip. Iowa started a thread in the Trip Planning here:
http://advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=15102376 and we met on April 5th in Calexico, California right across from Mexicali.
Who Are We?
• “SoosCreek”, Steve, 54, Auburn Washington, 2006 1200GS (Center)
• “Iowa”, Zack, 31, Ames, Iowa, 2007 1200GSA (Left)
• “Fosdick”, Matt, 40, Denver, Colorado, 2011 KLR (Right)
What Are We Each Doing?
• SoosCreek started March 19th and is riding down the US West Coast and into Baja Mexico, over to Copper Canyon and around the Southwest
• Iowa started April 1st and flew to San Jose where his GSA was stored and rode down to Calexico then into Baja, Copper Canyon and back to Iowa.
• Fosdick started April 4th in Colorado, hitched a ride in a truck for his bike to Calexico, then rode around Baja and then rode to San Diego and trucked it back to Colorado.
When Am I/We Going?
• 2-6 weeks in April 2012
Where are we now?
Here is a link to my Spot shared page. I try and keep the tracking on.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|