User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #31
Ronin ADV
Gear addict

Oddometer: 594
[QUOTE
and to all the scooter guys, i hope there more like the "I Am Legend" zombies.... you wont last very long[/QUOTE]

Dont underestimate the scooter. It was far scarier to ride the Ruckus than my Ducati. First of all, the Ruckus is like a cloak of invisibility. You think they don't see you on a motorcycle? Then again maybe that would be a good thing for evading zombies. As for the speed, I got it up into the 50's. Downhill with a tailwind. It takes nerves of steel to endure that 18mph up steeper hills. All the time thinking about the SUV (or zombie) that was going to run over me from behind. But it got about 100 miles per gallon, I could lift it up onto the back of my Xterra, it's stealth quiet, and can turn on a dime. All things that are handy in the zombie apocalypse. But really fast zombies? Yeah that might be a problem.
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,635

Then don't forget that its a scooter with the BIGGEST caliber armament in the world of 2-wheel transportation! You ride this sucker (and your buddy is on the ammo-carrying one), - - - and you work together!

Ranging out wider, you've got more buddies riding armor:

Your scout rides about in circles, mowing the zombies down by removing their legs:

The Half-track is you heavy armor -- they go through the medium zombie infestations looking for open roads for the dash to the countryside:

You play it safe during night hours. If there are any suspicious noises, you send out the Armored Outfit with the searchlights:

Then, when you leave an area and hit the road looking for greener pastures; you don't neglect to use your Tail-gunner to discourage zombie pursuit:

(Now you know why it is a good idea to take advantage of "The Ural Delay Factor")
Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #33
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
atgatt

what is the general opinion on gear
fullface, no peripheral vision maybe
too much gear , can you run away
what do you think
gimp suit and runners
goggles
maybe
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,598
Old 04-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #35
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,598
Old 04-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #36
M-Cat
2 wheeled slacker

Oddometer: 334
The Zombies are already here.
All part of the fast-food, drive-through, brain-fried mindless drones that live to consume everything and live by reality TV, sports or politics. Buying in to all they see and hear without question because of the steady diet of nothing that they've been fed for so long.
Kill somebody's body by feeding them junk food, kill their mind by convincing them to reject thought, kill their ambition with medications and alcohol.

The only way to be prepared is to wake up and think about who you really are and what you represent, although weapons might come in handy, eventually.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #37
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,752
I would go with this one, it seems pretty much zombie proof...but it doesn't look fast. I see a potential problem with zombies getting stuff in the track drive and not being able to get moving fast enough to grind them out!

A second look, I think they might get jammed in the front wheel, force it to the right or left and you ride around in circles for days! I wonder if zombies get dizzy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead76 View Post
why has no one mentioned fire? it keeps you warm and kills zombies. when the zombies arrive i'm going to make up a bunch of napalm and get me one of these

and to all the scooter guys, i hope there more like the "I Am Legend" zombies.... you wont last very long

With the necessity to cause severe trauma to the nerve center, fire is one of the worst things you can do. Zombies are bad, but Zeds on fire is worse. Fire will spread over most surfaces, but believe it or not the human body is not very combustible. The thought of a mindless eating machine that doesn't tire and feels no pain spreading an "all-consuming" fire across what few valuable resources are available to the remaining human contingent is a bad idea. Please, don't go fucking up MY fuel resources by setting walking matchsticks ablaze.

1. Cardio
2. Doubletap
3. Beware of bathrooms.

http://adriansundeaddiary.com/ <-read this. Start at the beginning, read all the bonus fiction. It brings up lots of valid points that others may not think of in their "preparations"

CodyY screwed with this post 04-09-2012 at 09:52 AM
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #39
ivantheterrible
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
one thing to keep in mind---zombies blood is congealed, so it doesn't fly around quite like the livings blood. Not that there's no risk of infection, it's just that the risk isn't as great as you might think.
ivantheterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #40
outlaws justice
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,051
So while you guys are preparing for Zombies are you also prepared for the Vampire and wherewolf invasions?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #41
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws justice View Post
So while you guys are preparing for Zombies are you also prepared for the Vampire and wherewolf invasions?
Vampires and werewolves! HA! everyone knows there is no such thing!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #42
Thanantos OP
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,622
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #43
Bill_Z
Dude! chill,...

Oddometer: 460
At least if we're gonna disagree, we found a good subject to argue about. I like reading these arguments. They're so entertaining. Vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc. I'm gonna be carrying so much gear, I can't run. Hope y'all are attending the target range regularly.
LIMNCS #51
Bill_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #44
outlaws justice
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,051
in the Zombie Apocalypse will all the Zombies be human or will animals also be zombies, will need to know what is edible at that point.

outlaws justice screwed with this post 04-09-2012 at 01:18 PM
outlaws justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #45
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws justice View Post
in the Zombie Apocalypse will all the Zombies be human or will animals also be zombies, will need to know what is adible at that point.
There have been no known cases of animal zombies, so we got that in our favor. Imagine a Zombie pitbull?! Now THATS scary.