Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #31
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,887
Andy, you still watching this thread? Had some questions about the WT300 + PTT adapter.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #32
AndyUCLEAR OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Andy, you still watching this thread? Had some questions about the WT300 + PTT adapter.
Hey BlueLgthning,

Its been a couple months but I'm still following this thread. Without going into too much detail, the WT300 turns non-Bluetooth devices into Bluetooth devices. For example, you can connect the WT300 to a Motorola or Uniden walkie talkie and pair it to a Bluetooth headset for long distance group communications.

For more information about the WT300 check out our product page at:

http://www.uclear-digital.com/WT300PTT.html

You can PM me with more specific questions.

Andy
AndyUCLEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #33
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,457
Laugh

Andy great product!!!!! I called a friend who was out riding.... worked fantastic... I just bought myself one and told my riding buddies to buy one also..... I will buy the FSR interface later... so we can talk when we dont have cell service.

Thanks for the great product!!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #34
G.Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUCLEAR View Post
Hey BlueLgthning,

Its been a couple months but I'm still following this thread. Without going into too much detail, the WT300 turns non-Bluetooth devices into Bluetooth devices. For example, you can connect the WT300 to a Motorola or Uniden walkie talkie and pair it to a Bluetooth headset for long distance group communications.

For more information about the WT300 check out our product page at:

http://www.uclear-digital.com/WT300PTT.html

You can PM me with more specific questions.

Andy
Andy,

I've recently purchased the HBC100. I like it because it's has a boomless mic, and therefore fits well with the Nolan N104 that i have. Audio quality with phone calls is good for the most part, but i encountered lots of weird static noise in intercom mode. This happened even whilst in a quiet room (i was doing that to test the system). On the road it was much worse, the noise cancelling didn't seem to work. I've just sent the units back for repair/exchange and i hope this gets sorted out.

Anyway, on to my actual question, since i have a pair of HBC100s, i would like to get the WT300, but i don't know much about it yet.

When will the WT300 be available? If you can, please share how it compares with the SENA SR10? From the reviews it seems like a good product. However i would rather buy the WT300 if possible.
G.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #35
Natnewt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
The music playback needs to be louder i can barely hear it unless i stop. Mind you I'm on my XR650L and it has a loud pipe. Running it in an AGV AX-8. If it has the USB interface maybe it can be connected to a computer and have the firmware updated to allow it to output more db? Or maybe you can send me the schematics and I can split earbuds into the speaker? ;)
2006 XR650L heavily farklefied Tendering in the garage.
2012 F800GS Triple Black Let the mods begin.
Natnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #36
Denase
Denase

Oddometer: 28
About ready to buy

I am about ready to pull the trigger on the Uclear 100. But my riding buddies all communicate with CB. Will the WT300 connect to a Midland 75 822?
Denase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #37
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denase View Post
I am about ready to pull the trigger on the Uclear 100. But my riding buddies all communicate with CB. Will the WT300 connect to a Midland 75 822?
Well, what you need to figure out is what kind of headset/mic plug the Midland CB uses. I looked up the owners manual - http://www.midlandradio.com/Resource.../31/75-822.pdf and I don't see it particularly mention a headset jack, but on page 14, it shows an accessory headset. What is weird though it looks like it has separate PTT switch to go with it?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #38
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Well, what you need to figure out is what kind of headset/mic plug the Midland CB uses. I looked up the owners manual - http://www.midlandradio.com/Resource.../31/75-822.pdf and I don't see it particularly mention a headset jack, but on page 14, it shows an accessory headset. What is weird though it looks like it has separate PTT switch to go with it?
Okay, you need the 2 prong plug which seems pretty standard for Midland. Look at CAB-21 - http://www.rka-luggage.com/A29%20Sta...ts%20page.html You don't need that cable, but that shows the end connector which looks like this.

Per the WT300's FAQ, I would assume it comes with the correct cable. That plug is a 2.5mm on one side and 3.5mm on the other side.
Quote:
What kind of walkie talkie or 2-way radio can I use with the WT300 Spider?

You can use almost any type of 2way radio or walkie talkie that has a 2.5mm audio jack. The WT300 also comes with a 2.5mm and 3.5mm dual cable for more advanced wakie talkies.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #39
AndyUCLEAR OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hey G Man,

Did we get you taken care of?

The WT300 Spider is a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into a walkie talkie and pairs with a Bluetooth headset. In other words, the WT300 puts the walkie talkie conversation in your helmet.
It includes a wireless Push To Talk (PTT) remote that can be mounted on your handlebars which opens and closes the channel. If that doesn't work for you, the WT300 also has VOX capabilities so the channels opens when you talk.
Its compatible with either Motorola or Uniden walkie talkies for communication and it also has an auxiliary jack for radar detectors or iPod Nanos etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Man View Post
Andy,

I've recently purchased the HBC100. I like it because it's has a boomless mic, and therefore fits well with the Nolan N104 that i have. Audio quality with phone calls is good for the most part, but i encountered lots of weird static noise in intercom mode. This happened even whilst in a quiet room (i was doing that to test the system). On the road it was much worse, the noise cancelling didn't seem to work. I've just sent the units back for repair/exchange and i hope this gets sorted out.

Anyway, on to my actual question, since i have a pair of HBC100s, i would like to get the WT300, but i don't know much about it yet.

When will the WT300 be available? If you can, please share how it compares with the SENA SR10? From the reviews it seems like a good product. However i would rather buy the WT300 if possible.
AndyUCLEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #40
Denase
Denase

Uclear

So I purchased the Uclear headset with the WT300 for a Midland CB. To say the least I am not happy with the product or customer support. The cables to connect the WT300 to a CB, are fragile at best. I am trying to get a hold of someone to replace it, no one in the office. The Uclear will not pair with most automotive GPS units. The pairing is limited to high dollar motorcycle specific units only. I can't even pair the WT300 to the Uclear headset in the way the book tells you. I could only pair it using the instructions to pair to a generic headset bluetooth. Don't waste your money, this unit is not ready for prime time. Andy if you see this and want to help, call me.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #41
Denase
Denase

Still Waiting

So I spent 200.00 for the WT300 and push to talk, to mate to a Midland 75-822 CB. But the WC12 cable that connects the Midland to the WT300 is bad. And I have not heard from anyone at Uclear to get a replacement.
Andy can you help me with this?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #42
Denase
Denase

New cable on the way

Uclear sent out a new cable to me today.
Seems my e-mails were lost in transition.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #43
dreamtour
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Uclear first impression

Hi Folks,

I just bought the Uclear and though I'll share with you my review. The best part is that the microphon is on the speaker, great approach. You need to make sure the speakers are alligned though.
The unit is easy to install on the helmet, pretty simple procedure. I have iPhone and the pairing was easy and quick. Sound is pretty good considering wind/speed. Generally speaking I had the J&M before and if I compare the two I would say the Uclear is as par (sound). At 80 m/h the sounds is reasonable. Phone calls - works very good, I needed to close the visor for the other side to hear my voice but they could hear me without any probelms. Rider and passenger communication with another Uclear system works great, no issues at all. I wish I had the option to stream the same tunes to two Uclear systems.....Technology is not yet there. All in all, very happy with the product.

Regards,

Yigal, NH
dreamtour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #44
Miles Tugeaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Hbc200

Andy,

Any idea on when the HBC200 will be available?

Thanks,

MT
Miles Tugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:45 AM   #45
cardoctor1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
andy

how about a video for both the 1000, 2000 pairing etc.
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote