Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #16
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthiscoolenough? View Post
Besides the black rims, what is difference between a Triple Black GS and a Sapphire black GS?
Ken
When I asked at the dealer "why is this called triple black?" (because it clearly wasn't all black), they replied "because there are three tints of black color on the bike."

After looking, I preferred the all black frame of the non-triple black.
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #17
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 6,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
When I asked at the dealer "why is this called triple black?" (because it clearly wasn't all black), they replied "because there are three tints of black color on the bike."

After looking, I preferred the all black frame of the non-triple black.
On the GSA, yes?

On the standard GS, the shift from silver frame to charcoal-ish is a real improvement IMHO. The GSA already had the black frame in its favor.

I thought they were triple black due to black engine, black (darkened) frame and black wheels plus bodywork. Oh darn that's four!

1996 M900 2012 GS 2008 Megamoto 2008 S2R
2006 HP2e
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAggie View Post
What??? You don't like my bike Obie?? I think she's a beauty and someone set it up perfectly.
yours was set up the right way.
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
yours was set up the right way.
No doubt. My riding buddies have been drooling over your former triple black GS which has resulted in unsolicited offers to buy/trade. The only changes I've made are to back off the preload a tad on the Ohlins (for the sometimes rough roads I ride) and return to the stock footpegs (personal preference). Man, does this bike rail through the curves . . . . . and look trick doing so

However, your titanium MTS isn't too bad looking either and it redefines sportiness in this segment of the market based on my limited seat time.
GeoAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 6,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAggie View Post
No doubt. My riding buddies have been drooling over your former triple black GS which has resulted in unsolicited offers to buy/trade. The only changes I've made are to back off the preload a tad on the Ohlins (for the sometimes rough roads I ride) and return to the stock footpegs (personal preference). Man, does this bike rail through the curves . . . . . and look trick doing so

However, your titanium MTS isn't too bad looking either and it redefines sportiness in this segment of the market based on my limited seat time.
Saw that bike when it was listed in FM. Does it have the ESA? If so, with the Ohlins swap, is it the Ohlins ESA, or traditional shocks? Just curious.

1996 M900 2012 GS 2008 Megamoto 2008 S2R
2006 HP2e
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
Saw that bike when it was listed in FM. Does it have the ESA? If so, with the Ohlins swap, is it the Ohlins ESA, or traditional shocks? Just curious.
No, Ohlins shocks are standard replacement shocks not ESA. I still have the stock ESA system in storage for future use. Riding GS's this weekend with a friend - his with stock ESA and mine with regular Ohlins - on a variety of surfaces at medium and high speeds, I can honestly say that I prefer the non-ESA Ohlins on all surfaces. The now compliant yet controlled suspension feels soooooo in contact with the road such that faster paces are significantly easier (i.e., feels less hectic). Plus, I've owned several 12GS models over the years and this bike is vastly improved in handling and capability IMHO. Hope this helps,

Jeff
GeoAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
RushRed
RushRed

Oddometer: 4
buying new GS..maybe

Please let me know your opinion about a used '12 GS TB $16k w 18+k miles. could be a good deal but I dont know. Premium package looks and runs awesome but dont know enough about the price
RushRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
ATCguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Off of the top of my head, it doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

$16K with 18,000+ miles?? At that price, it better have a whole bunch of other goodies hanging on it (crash bars, side bags, etc.) For just a little more, you could buy a brand new one with a full warranty.
'14 Ford F-450 PLATINUM
'14 Dutchmen VOLTAGE 3200 5th Wheel Toy Hauler
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
seaswood
seaswood

Oddometer: 169
Tb

TB if you never plan to wash the bike. if you have had a black engine looks good when new.
that price is high lol.

$16K with 18,000+ miles?? At that price, it better have a whole bunch of other goodies hanging on it (crash bars, side bags, etc.) For just a little more, you could buy a brand new one with a full warranty.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
JackpotDuc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
I like mine!

Nice setup Tom.
I''ve just taken delivery of my TB from Max this week.
Tell me about your luggage setup - I like.
Thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #26
solohvs
somewhere around the bend

Oddometer: 177
Triple Black - Zega Pro

Triple Black with TouraTech luggage in black.

The TouraTech mounting hardware (Zega Pro - "special set") has a nice stainless finish for BOTH the side cases and the top case. If you want the hardware powder coated black finish is available for the side cases, but NOT for the top box. Oh well?

The Zega Pro side case / top case is available anodized black. Looks great when it's washed, but hard to keep clean.
Oh yea... it's easy to scratch, too.

And the engine guards - also both bright (stainless) or black finish, but some of the hardware comes through in stainless only - engine mount / spacers. I had the hardware powder coated so as not to break up the all black engine area.

solohvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #27
skidlid_26
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I think the only downfall of my TB GSA is the fact that BMW forgot to do anything with the crashbars and the valve cover gaurds. If you are going to call it the "Triple black" don't foget the bright silver pieces you threw on at the end of the assembly line! I guess it just gives me something to do during the winter, but it does look like they forgot about it. I'm thinking about more of a grey color, I don't want to look like a two wheeled drug dealer.
skidlid_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
too black

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
The oem TB is ok to me but I prefer the standard black. Darth Vader/murdered out ones look a mess to me, I don't like them that way.
Too black! Plus 2,000.00 more.Cant see it really.