ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #406
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110
We should head out to IMI and work on our setups.
Ride 'em back to back and compare.

I need to get this thing in the air a few times and see what the suspension can do. Start breaking it in.

I've no doubt I'm going to drop it lots more.. now that I can't reach the ground.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #407
jay71
Farklin' Poser
 
jay71's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fairview, NC
Oddometer: 316
Agreed. I should be able to get out this coming weekend. Had my first get off last time I was at IMI. It's time for a redemption session! I'll get those bastard pivot pegz off this week for a more stable platform.
__________________
2006 KTM 950 Adventure
jay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #408
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110
I'd like to try the pivot pegs a bit...

I have that buggered up ankle and I have to say, riding your bike was easier on it!

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #409
jay71
Farklin' Poser
 
jay71's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fairview, NC
Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
I'd like to try the pivot pegs a bit...

I have that buggered up ankle and I have to say, riding your bike was easier on it!

Well I'll keep them on then. They would be better if they had stiffer springs IMO.
__________________
2006 KTM 950 Adventure
jay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #410
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling
 
1Bonehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Marylanstain
Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Gotta like syncing the cylinders with this thing.. super easy.

Stick it in the front hole... note the number


Stick it in the back hole.. make sure its the same number



Try it at different RPMs





s

Your bike is looking great. I am all ears to hear how you like the new suspension. Get soem good spring time pics going soon, Please.

I went with this coold little tool form a vendor here for balancing. Best is you balance both at once and the thing is sweet.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ght=harmonizer
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #411
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bonehead View Post
Your bike is looking great. I am all ears to hear how you like the new suspension. Get soem good spring time pics going soon, Please.

Yeah me too

The 2 miles I've ridden it so far it feels super stiff but I've not even started to set it up. I need to go find a nice (?) washboard road and speed up the break in procedure

re: Spring time pics:
For the first time ever, we didn't get a drop of snow in the Colorado Front Range for the month of March (march is traditionally our snowiest month). If we make it through April without snow the high country will open early this year... that said, April 19th last year the mountains above us got 3+ feet so I'm not holding my breath.

I need to get out a long lens and shoot some snow peaks with the bike.



Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #412
Flyin Phil
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: SouthWestern BC
Oddometer: 253
How's it sound?


Stance looks great, balances out the big tanks well. With the long legs and the new pipe/tool box combo all that's left to do is stuff a 990 in there

Great project thread, thanks for sharing. You've confirmed a good Colorado tour on my list of must do road trips.
Flyin Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #413
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110
It sounds really good! That said.. the exhaust is temporary... there's something else exhaust wise being put together for this bike but development isn't done yet.

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #414
Flyin Phil
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: SouthWestern BC
Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
It sounds really good! That said.. the exhaust is temporary... there's something else exhaust wise being put together for this bike but development isn't done yet.

I've been waiting for the exhaust on cj's website to go from "in development" to "order here" but I could wait no longer...

Did your Remus come with a spark arrestor? All the literature suggests as much, but my revolutions from ktm twins were neither spark arrestor equipped, nor titanium, as advertised...
Flyin Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #415
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Phil View Post
I've been waiting for the exhaust on cj's website to go from "in development" to "order here" but I could wait no longer...
Which exhaust is that? This one isn't on cj's website

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #416
Flyin Phil
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: SouthWestern BC
Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Which exhaust is that? This one isn't on cj's website

I guess I jumped the gun, with all the CJD parts you're sporting I just guessed as much...
http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/KTMseExhaust.html
Flyin Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #417
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110
I hadn't seen that.. looks pretty cool but nope.. that's not what we're upto.



Spent all morning working on the bike... luggage racks & such are back on. Now I just have to do a bunch of wiring
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #418
rockitdoc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rockitdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Oddometer: 371
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Yeah me too

The 2 miles I've ridden it so far it feels super stiff but I've not even started to set it up. I need to go find a nice (?) washboard road and speed up the break in procedure

re: Spring time pics:
For the first time ever, we didn't get a drop of snow in the Colorado Front Range for the month of March (march is traditionally our snowiest month). If we make it through April without snow the high country will open early this year... that said, April 19th last year the mountains above us got 3+ feet so I'm not holding my breath.

I need to get out a long lens and shoot some snow peaks with the bike.





Not to worry. Snow is coming this weekend. I keep my snow tires on until July, anymore. Global warming, ya know?

__________________
'00 DR650SE
'60 BSA Gold Star Clubman (in process)
'76 BMW R90S
'77 BMW R100RS
'85 Laverda RGS1000SFC (also in process)
rockitdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #419
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110


Things are coming together. I've been chasing a ghost in the electrical system and I need to do a clutch rebuild.. but I have had a chance to start breaking in the suspension and it is getting better with every ride.

When I ran the Switzerland trail the other day.. there is a section of baby heads I ran back and forth across at various speeds (aiming right for the nastiest bits) just to see what the suspension was capable off. Finally I "got it wrong" and the back end bucked sideways and almost chucked me off the 300+foot cliff

Perhaps the suspension is a little too confidence inspiring

Random pics from this week's riding:













Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #420
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitdoc View Post
Not to worry. Snow is coming this weekend. I keep my snow tires on until July, anymore. Global warming, ya know?

I'm really hoping tomorrow's snow forecast will be a "1 day melt" like usual down here... but up high they are saying 20+ inches which means we're that much further from being able to get to the fun stuff this summer
After Wed night's thunderstorms I noticed everything over 11,000 was freshly coated with snow Thrusday morning.

C'est la vie
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014