Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #2131
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
The Husaberg Adventure Travelers Thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post18486899

Help me get it started if anyone wants to move or quote any of the related posts from here over to there.

cheers

Finn

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #2132
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,629
PM'd ya BogeyMan. Yep I'll take it.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #2133
McLeod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Husaberg files found on the web

Husaberg Valve adjust document
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/0SaBSUr3Z...rsion.pdf.html

Husaberg water pump document
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/oycBz1Noz...ation.pdf.html

Husaberg Schematics
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Mw8m1sOKK...atics.pdf.html

Husaberg supplemental Schematics (Signal lights)
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/rOeipgUOJ...ental.pdf.html
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #2134
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post

This is the kind of info that needs to be at the beginning of the thread...along with links to pages within the thread to specific topics.. is the OP still active? Maybe Lostrider will put it at the beginning of his thread.... it doest require time and effort to keep up though.. just my thoughts .. picked my FE570S up from Cliff's about 2 hours ago now begins the work to get it ready for my move to Colorado next summer.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #2135
McLeod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
This is the kind of info that needs to be at the beginning of the thread...along with links to pages within the thread to specific topics.. is the OP still active? Maybe Lostrider will put it at the beginning of his thread.... it doest require time and effort to keep up though.. just my thoughts .. picked my FE570S up from Cliff's about 2 hours ago now begins the work to get it ready for my move to Colorado next summer.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #2136
mikecarpenter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
McLeod,

Checked the continuity and turns out high beam side is no bueno. The outer housing twists oround the inner if that makes sense. I've never seen a bulb made this way. Anywho, my local KTM dealer has one on the shelf for $9.82 or Cycle Gear can order one for $2.95. I'll be without high beams for a few more days!

Thanks for the help.

mikec

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
How bright is your high beam indicator light? Is it dim or bright?

Your switch seems to be functioning.

Yellow is the 12V source, White is your running light, Green is Low beam and Brown is high beam.

If your high beam indicator light is bright. there are two possible suspects. The first is the bulb could be broken if you have a multi meter just measure the resistance across the bulb.
The second is the actual bulb socket check and make sure the bulb is making contact on both of the metal fingers touching the contacts on the back of the bulb. (just pull the bulb out and bend down into the bulb a little bit and put the bulb back in the socket)

If it is dim then it might be the switch.
I rebuilt my switch because I lost both the high and low beams by drilling out the rivets, stretching the spring and building up the contacts inside of the switch with solder.

You might want to make a power jumper so you cant test the lights with out the engine on.
I used a male spade lug and a alligator clip to jumper the from the battery to Fuse #3. (If I remember right I removed the fuse and plugged the spade lug into the side closest to the battery)
mikecarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #2137
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
thoughts?

been riding ktm's for several years,owned most sizes they make. currentlty on a tagged 06 450exc.

Its time to move it out, been thinking of a husaberg.. Today i found a good deal on a 2010 450fx. with a rekluse in it. Bike rides well, no obvious issues, but no tag(not an issue to get) , so i couldnt get it up to speed.

What is everyones thoughts on using the fx as a dual sport? How is the gearing going to be? Dont need to really haul ass on it, but would like to be able to do 65 without destroying it.
Also, never ridden a recluse, would it allow me to gear the bike up, and use the rekluse to make up for it?

thanks guys!
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #2138
Rockcat
LDA

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35xj View Post
been riding ktm's for several years,owned most sizes they make. currentlty on a tagged 06 450exc.

Its time to move it out, been thinking of a husaberg.. Today i found a good deal on a 2010 450fx. with a rekluse in it. Bike rides well, no obvious issues, but no tag(not an issue to get) , so i couldnt get it up to speed.

What is everyones thoughts on using the fx as a dual sport? How is the gearing going to be? Dont need to really haul ass on it, but would like to be able to do 65 without destroying it.
Also, never ridden a recluse, would it allow me to gear the bike up, and use the rekluse to make up for it?

thanks guys!
I've got a plated FX. I don't really ride it on the road, but the stock gearing is plenty fast. The problem, compared to a 450 EXC, is first gear is tall. The rekluse would help.
Rockcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #2139
KMK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Husaberg 2013

More speculation/ info for the future of Husaberg found here:

http://www.enduro360.com/2012/04/13/...hat-is-coming/
KMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #2140
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK View Post
More speculation/ info for the future of Husaberg found here:

http://www.enduro360.com/2012/04/13/...hat-is-coming/

Yeah and no doubt if the prices keep going up, $11-12 large in the USA. I'll be happy with my $7500 FE390 for awhile I think.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #2141
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
well, ended up picking up an 09 450fe. rekluse etc.

now, where can i find a decent spring rate chart? im 170 lbs naked c class rider, prefer tight nasty stuff. thoughts?

thanks, dave
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #2142
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
I am 10lbs heavier and prefer the progressive springs. I put a 8.0 on and couldn't stand it. Went back to a PDS2. It's something like 7.6-9.5. It doesn't go all the way to the rated max as we don't have that much spring travel on our shocks.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #2143
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Yeah and no doubt if the prices keep going up, $11-12 large in the USA. I'll be happy with my $7500 FE390 for awhile I think.
saw a 390 listed on nedirtbikes the other day for 5000. i bought my 09 450 with rekluse, rad guards, hand guards from edelmans last year for 6500. used bergs seem to be quite reasonable.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #2144
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
saw a 390 listed on nedirtbikes the other day for 5000. i bought my 09 450 with rekluse, rad guards, hand guards from edelmans last year for 6500. used bergs seem to be quite reasonable.
I really wanted the 2011 390 for the tasty forks, love those dual-chamber forks offroad. May have to add a a stiffer spring to the rear shock since I'm 220 ready-to-ride and the compression ring is all the way down. May try the progressive spring Tahoeacr mentions.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #2145
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,623
Cyborg, I weigh same as you, maybe a little more depending on tools carried etc and have had my suspension worked by a shop here who races 390s.

Mine is a 2010 390.

Forks
.48 kg/mm fork springs
Revalve forks

Shock
P20 spring
Fit telescopic needle
Revalve shock

The telescopic needle changes the rear shock a fair bit and makes your other adjustments more useable/noticeable.

FYI.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote