Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #16
bigredroosta OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eocnelg View Post
Give us a yell if you're heading that way again and don't mind a beginner tagging along. Show me how the pros do it, be a fun way to go to the shack that's for sure.

How was stinky bay? All piled up with weeds? I've been there when the piles are as tall as I am, wouldn't want to ride a bike through it, I'd never get the smell out! And Sunland? I saw my first leather skinned retiree couple early this year there, I'm SO glad the male was facing away from us, the back was nightmare inducing enough!

If you had people from a 'certain' state who don't know how to 4wd tearing up your nice beaches every public holiday you'd be a bit hostile too Did you have a look at the main bay? It really is stunning. I love it at night when you can see thousands of fish up to the shoreline jumping and splashing about.

The "No motorbikes" sign is there because no-names-mentioned's idiot son killed a bloke on a bike with his car.

Sorry for all the questions, haven't been up there in months and I'm getting the bug to go back.
Its no place for a beginner on a bike in that sand , sounds like you must like it there too, how do the locals put up with the smell? Fly blown maggotty seaweed in that bay.. ..never seen it anywhere else and don't want to.
bigredroosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
Eocnelg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredroosta View Post
Its no place for a beginner on a bike in that sand , sounds like you must like it there too, how do the locals put up with the smell? Fly blown maggotty seaweed in that bay.. ..never seen it anywhere else and don't want to.
My fellas family have a shack at Nora, we do trips up from Carpenter Rocks in the cars and it'd be fun to follow on a bike rather than in the car all the time. Gotta learn sometime.

No one gets used to stinky, some nights when the wind is bad and you can smell it at the shacks. Disgusting, thankfully it doesn't come inside, not while I've been there anyway. Sometimes shark and ray eggs wash up with the weeds and they look like used condoms
Eocnelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
bend27
by hook or by crook

Oddometer: 1,159
Great RR and great pics. Thanks for posting!
bend27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
bigredroosta OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eocnelg View Post
My fellas family have a shack at Nora, we do trips up from Carpenter Rocks in the cars and it'd be fun to follow on a bike rather than in the car all the time. Gotta learn sometime.

No one gets used to stinky, some nights when the wind is bad and you can smell it at the shacks. Disgusting, thankfully it doesn't come inside, not while I've been there anyway. Sometimes shark and ray eggs wash up with the weeds and they look like used condoms
Aah, I see. Have you been for another look at Stocky's Dr250 yet Amber? Such low K's, and an ideal size bike to learn on, especially on those beach tracks
Old 04-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
bigredroosta OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend27 View Post
Great RR and great pics. Thanks for posting!
No worries, now I've done one the next "should" be easier.
BRR
Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
Vinbowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
I dont think you could be further away from here
but it's sure beautiful.
And looks like alot of fun.
They just stand back and let it all be." Springsteen
Vinbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
philth
philth

Oddometer: 5,842
good stuff!
i wanna go there!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Thanks for that Argee, its a good part of the world. Would be keen to see your pics too.
Sure the pics are part of the T'Log; let me know if you want to see them specifically, I can repost for you here :)
But once again, mine is absolutely nothing compared to yours because mine is CBR 250R that not suited for adventure like yours - http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781740

Quote:
But nitrogen in your tyres , how trick is that?
I thought normal air was about 80% N anyway.
Well it is; but full N2 helps to keep tires cool on hot summer on melting tarmac heat; I personally checked between my front & rear tire & its negligibly cooler than the front tire.
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #24
bigredroosta OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
good stuff!
i wanna go there!
No worries Phil, just make sure you come in the 23 degree heat of summer, so you dont quite die of cold!
BRR