User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #121
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
Road racing at Sandia

Got back today from the first trackday & road race with SMRI at Sandia raceway in AlbuQQ. Wind blew so hard Saturday that the afternoon sessions were cancelled. Raced Sunday in the Lightweight vintage & Ultra-lightweight vintage classes. Finished 5th in the LW & 3rd in the ULW. Complained to the guys after the LW race that I had gone as hard as I could & only got 5th. J. Tom told me that I prolly didn't realize that everyone who beat me was an Ahrma or Ama national champ. Steve Brown told me that I was running with a pretty tough crowd. Oh well, sure sucks sometimes to be LAMEco. Anyway, it's sure gotten my old bones fired up for the Mexico 1000!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #122
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
The clock is ticking.

John Jr. hasn't posted lately. Probably due to the fact that he hasn't had time. Honzilla is coming together. Saw it today & she looks good. Jr. will be riding her tomorrow, working the bugs out. Typical LAMEco operation: down to the wire. I don't think we would have it any other way. Genetics are hard to get away from!!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #123
azcagiva OP
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,136
Thought I would pop my head up

I rode the bike today.

First impression is the thing is tall. By some miracle the suspension seems to work together ok. Second, the thing is loud, gonna need earplugs.

The first time we fired it up the welds on the case for the oil cooler had small weeps of oil. Fixed that and no leaks today and the oil cooler works, the heat gun thingy showed about 20* temp difference from one end to the other.

Lots of little stuff to do, but should have some pics of "Honzilla" for everyone tomorrow.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #124
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer: 251
Sponsorship

Today LAMEco is very proud to announce that we picked up a sponsorship for our protective gear. I reached out to Brad Waldron, founder of KALI Protectives who has agreed to provide our team helmets, torso protection, knee guards, elbow guards and jerseys. I met Brad at his headquarters in Morgan Hill California and was treated to a behind the scenes look at the highest-tech riding gear maker in the business today.

Their Composite Fusion Plus technology, innovated by Brad from his engineering days at Northrop Grumman, is so far ahead of the field it is ridiculous. Most helmet manufacturers simply glue or tape the impact-absorbing EPS to the helmet shell; KALI injection molds the EPS to the shell at the near molecular level eliminating any double shock. Aside from offering excellent protection, these helmets are lighter than anything you could ever imagine. You can learn more at http://www.kaliprotectives.com/moto

2012 2nd place NORRA Mexican 1000
2013 1st place NORRA Mexican 1000
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #125
winterhk
*Disminuya Su Velocidad*

Oddometer: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
Today LAMEco is very proud to announce that we picked up a sponsorship for our protective gear. I reached out to Brad Waldron, founder of KALI Protectives who has agreed to provide our team helmets, torso protection, knee guards, elbow guards and jerseys. I met Brad at his headquarters in Morgan Hill California and was treated to a behind the scenes look at the highest-tech riding gear maker in the business today.

Way to go! Great list of sponsors!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #126
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva View Post
I rode the bike today.

First impression is the thing is tall. By some miracle the suspension seems to work together ok. Second, the thing is loud, gonna need earplugs.

The first time we fired it up the welds on the case for the oil cooler had small weeps of oil. Fixed that and no leaks today and the oil cooler works, the heat gun thingy showed about 20* temp difference from one end to the other.

Lots of little stuff to do, but should have some pics of "Honzilla" for everyone tomorrow.

-John

pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #127
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

Those Kali knees guards are super comfy and come in two lengths for different styles of rider. You can get them in 130 mm long for outside the boot wear or the full 180mm to wear down inside your boot.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #128
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
Those Kali knees guards are super comfy and come in two lengths for different styles of rider. You can get them in 130 mm long for outside the boot wear or the full 180mm to wear down inside your boot.
I am glad they sponsored you.
I never heard of them until now. I can not wait to see these in person. I think the elbow & knee guards will work for me.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #129
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 683
[QUOTE=HalfFast;18492118]Today LAMEco is very proud to announce that we picked up a sponsorship for our protective gear. I reached out to Brad Waldron, founder of KALI Protectives who has agreed to provide our team helmets, torso protection, knee guards, elbow guards and jerseys. I met Brad at his headquarters in Morgan Hill California and was treated to a behind the scenes look at the highest-tech riding gear maker in the business today.

Their Composite Fusion Plus technology, innovated by Brad from his engineering days at Northrop Grumman, is so far ahead of the field it is ridiculous. Most helmet manufacturers simply glue or tape the impact-absorbing EPS to the helmet shell; KALI injection molds the EPS to the shell at the near molecular level eliminating any double shock. Aside from offering excellent protection, these helmets are lighter than anything you could ever imagine. You can learn more at http://www.kaliprotectives.com/moto

Well done! The two SL350 Teams may not be the fastest, but we will certainly look good!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #130
azcagiva OP
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,136
I now present, "Honzilla"

Today it looks like we figured out the "carb" problems. The intake manifold on the right cylinder was sucking air. Fixed that and still stumble. Turns out the new condenser was bad, so we installed the old one and viola, no more stumble.

So the test ride that was to happen today will be tomorrow.

Took a few pics. Here she is in all her glory.

So let me know what you guys think.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #131
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,828
Looks and sounds great!
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #132
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

I can't wait to throw a leg over HONZILLA and whip her South! This is going to be epic!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #133
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,240
Sweet !!!
Tbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #134
pfdskipper
Westside Trash