Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #31
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,360
Here is a picture of both the stock blinker on the right...and the new one on the left. Mind you the stock blinker is reflected..... The new one is not....so the angle of visibility on the new led...is almost 180 deg....being more visable from any direction....even if your right next to it.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #32
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

It has been a loooooong day......Whipped up another two header CF heat shield's.....Stuck two M8 SS bolts in two SS nuts..... and had to drill them both out..... arrrrrggggggg..... Then I mounted the D2's.....and 30 minutes after the tests....they did not work....... I had to get rid of about two yards of wire, and on the D2 kit....it is made for a 5 meter long bike....or so it seems...... Then on top of that who ever made the extension between the led housing and the relay box, od to be relocated to paint department...... An extension should have a male plug in one end....and female in the other......so in case you need it....you plug it in between....or if you don't need it... Hint...hint... if your not the owner of a 5 yard bike..... you can simply not use it.... BUT....nope.... this extension has the same male plug in each end... Genius....... Oh wellll... then back to the test....light not working...... Found this......

Funny..... I was told to crimp...not solder in another thread a few days back.....and while they had a good point in their argument.... this is why I always solder..... QA Twisted Throttle..... Perhaps there are some improvement that can be made here...... Allright..... it works now.....and throws out a lottalight.....

Erling
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #33
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

All mounted up......

I know....I know.... But was upside down when I took the picture......

One crazy looking animal........

Erling
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #34
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Did a little light testing this evening..... Had the camera set at 1/6' th of a second for all the tests to make it even. That way it came somewhat close to how my eyes perceived the light. Starring into the low beam HID with the blinker on...It was clearly visible.....

Then I compared the new led's for kick......Low hid beam.....

High beam HID.....

High beam hid+ Denali D2 dual lead's 10 watts each......Not reaching out as far as I had hoped...But there is a whole lot of light to compete with.....

Here is a short video of the light cycle..... Low...high...high+ Denali's.....
">

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 04-18-2012 at 08:38 PM Reason: video not loading
Old 04-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #35
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Video of the blinkers.....
">

Erling
Old 04-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #36
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT

Oddometer: 1,453
From the video it looks good. But your picture hosting site is complaining about the bandwidth your using.

David
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #37
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrider16 View Post
From the video it looks good. But your picture hosting site is complaining about the bandwidth your using.

David
I know......... The late pictures have been quite popular......and the band with was exceeded... It will reset on April the 22'nd. In the meantime...I'm looking for another site to host them..... 2 more days....and all will be back to normal.....

Erling