Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Leadnuts OP
do-over...

Oddometer: 116
72' R75/5 Cafe Build Thread - Leadnuts

Hey everyone, I thought I'd share my process and progress as well as get some advice on tech stuff..

I got this 1972 R75/5 towards the end of last summer. It was nice looking and drove nice but I seem to never be content with what I have until I make something out of it and after discovering this forum plans and ideas stared to develop... So a few months ago I decided to give the cafe racer idea a shot as I adore the style and classiness of the intermingling of new and old together. I have been collecting Japanese Keirin track bikes for awhile and decided to try a something a little different. The thing I have always likes about track bicycles it their shear minimalism... its the closest thing you can get to riding a line drawing around. I thought I would try a similar approach to my cafe build.

It is moving pretty slow so due to a new addition to the family so bare with me.

START-

Picked it up for 1500 last summer.
WP_000062

So the first thing I wanted to to do was work out the rough shape based off bikes I've seen.. The most dramatic change was the dual shock to mono-shock conversion. I searched high and low for info, which of course was limited.. Ended up finding Eric at Performance Welding in Bothel (in this forum) and spoke with him about a modified swing arm which he has already done a few times. I sent a model and the swing arm... and he did some sort of magic to make it happen.

motobracket-fin

Which turned into..

IMG_20120306_120606

That took a bit of time so in the mean time I wanted to work on a cafe style seat, was going to buy one but just couldn't find the right one that made me say "Oh Yeah thats the one".. So attempted to make one..

to be continued.

Leadnuts screwed with this post 04-24-2012 at 02:04 PM
Leadnuts is offline   Reply With Quote