Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #136
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,136
By coincidence, overnight an F650 single owner in Serbia/Belgrade sent me a thank you re heated grip repair data I have online

He is looking into the Croatian VR Co & is going to come back to me on how you would purchase from them, he has already determined there is a 10% discount on orders for 10 or more VR's.

Have explained to him about this thread & given him the links to take a look, with a bit of luck perhaps he can assist
WayneC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #137
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,343
It seems very unusual that they would only deal within Croatia, they would be restricting themselves to a tiny tiny market. I bet they have a dealer that will ship outside from there or an importer in another country.

If that is really not possible I could pick one up, I travel there every two weeks for work. Was just in Zagreb on Monday but nobody told me anything about their mythical series regulators!
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #138
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,617
It can't be that complicated.... They are made all over the world. I will contact the importer I got mine from and see if there is a series R/R in his stock.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #139
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
It can't be that complicated.... They are made all over the world. I will contact the importer I got mine from and see if there is a series R/R in his stock.....

Erling
The one you have is a standard Shindengen shunt unit used in many OEM applications. Not one OEM uses a proper 3 phase series regulator, for whatever reason...

I doubt very much that your supplier will have one.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #140
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
The one you have is a standard Shindengen shunt unit used in many OEM applications. Not one OEM uses a proper 3 phase series regulator, for whatever reason...

I doubt very much that your supplier will have one.
Could be..... I'l post the results when I hear back.....

Erling
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #141
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

The Croatian VR's are clearly a low volume production, they are using general over the counter electronics heat sinks
Nothing wrong with that at all but any large scale manufacturer would have heat sinks cast up to suit

The Serbian rider who contacted me has emailed the VR Co & the reply is below

"The Croat responded (my translation, the original text below)

BMW800gs max rev speed is 9000 rpm. The only model we can offer with guarantee is 14V-3FHVSP-30A-AX. 141*88*25mm, 5 wires,

Price per unit cca 87eur, price for 2-9 units 79eur.

He has no previous experience in sending abroad, yet my experience says it is possible but would add some cost on the top (say cca 40eur) and would probably require 3-4 week delivery time for the most economical shipment option."

Considering the info above Lukas's offer to pick up a unit for testing is probably the best bet to get one quickly
Old 04-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #142
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

The vendor of my Mosfet, has a Chinese made for Harly series R/R....... that he thought might work...... In case anyone is interested in testing it...Post up, and I will try to provide where to get it.....

Erling
Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #143
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 623
I have been following this and the stator threads and I'm try to understand something.

What actually fails in/with the stator?

I have seen the pictures of the blackened stator... so is it an insulation failure that leads to wire conductor failure?

Would using a high heat epoxy as the insulator work in preventing the burning (failure) of the stator?

My GS still has 2.5 years of warranty left, but I'm hoping that either a recall or a good/reliable aftermarket workaround happens.

Thanks to all of you that are testing for the rest of us
tofire409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #144
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

ebrabaek

See if you can get specs from your vendor on that Harley VR, As Joel indicated the US vendors for the Harley VR did not seem to know much & it suggested to Joel as per his recent post perhaps they were purchasing from China,

Without specs we cant really do much to decide if they are suitable & blowing a stator in trying them is not really an option
What you are testing was a safe bet with a VR we have used on F650 & F650GS singles for some time
Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #145
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofire409 View Post
I have been following this and the stator threads and I'm try to understand something.

What actually fails in/with the stator?

I have seen the pictures of the blackened stator... so is it an insulation failure that leads to wire conductor failure?
Yes.... When the insulation weakens over time... The insulation effects shrinks to the point it short's out killing the stator.

Would using a high heat epoxy as the insulator work in preventing the burning (failure) of the stator?
Perhaps... but wire quality is an issue as well.

My GS still has 2.5 years of warranty left, but I'm hoping that either a recall or a good/reliable aftermarket workaround happens.

Thanks to all of you that are testing for the rest of us

Erling
Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #146
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneC1 View Post
ebrabaek

See if you can get specs from your vendor on that Harley VR, As Joel indicated the US vendors for the Harley VR did not seem to know much & it suggested to Joel as per his recent post perhaps they were purchasing from China,

Without specs we cant really do much to decide if they are suitable & blowing a stator in trying them is not really an option
What you are testing was a safe bet with a VR we have used on F650 & F650GS singles for some time
Roger that...

Erling
Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #147
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer: 588
Anyone have a source for the SHINDENGEN MOSFET FH020AA R/R? I can't find anyone on the net who says they have stock.

Mike.C screwed with this post 05-05-2012 at 12:26 AM
Mike.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #148
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Mike do you mean the FH012AA ?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #149
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer: 588
It looks as though the FH012 may have been replaced by the FH020.

See here http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHINDENGEN-M...-/360451544102

Problem is I can't find a source that has stock.

Did you have any luck with the Croatian blokes?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #150
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Interesting, will keep my eye out, it is not listed on the Shindengen web site as yet

Re the Co in Croatia, further back in the thread LukasM offered to pick one up on his next business trip there
That would be the best way to get one as he could mail it as a sample to where ever