Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Andrew Wright OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
R100GS PD instrument backlights

I've searched these forums with the best keywords I can find, but nothing quite gets me there, so I'm posting this new thread. My apologies if this has been addressed before.

I have a 1990 R100GS Paris/Dakar that I bought new. It has a 1989 manufacture date, according to the VIN, which apparently makes a difference.

This is the model with the large speedo/odo, and the small clock and tach.

I just had the speedometer rebuilt as it stopped working awhile back and start shaking itself apart. $235 later, I have the speedo/odo in, and it works just fine, but the backlighting bulbs for the clock and tach are out. They may have been out for some time, as opposed to burning out during this tear-down...I'm not sure.

In the half-dozen times I've removed and replaced the fairing and crash bar assembly, I've got it down to about a half hour on and a half hour off, but honestly, I'd prefer never to do it again.

So, what I'm asking, is if anyone knows of a direct LED replacement for the instrument backlighting. Interestingly enough, I can't really even find the filament version of the tach and clock backlights in any microfische available online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew Wright is offline   Reply With Quote