Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
AMT Valencia OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Russia

Hi guys!

We are preparing our summer trip to Russia, we are from Spain and our plan is cross Europe as fast as possible until Ukrania. Discover Ukrania leisurely from west to east. Our final target in Russia is the Ural Bikes factory in Irbyt.

IŽve read some trips about Russia but usually people go from Moscow riding the M7 road. My idea is go from the border in Donets Žk to Volvogrado and following the Volga River crossing Saratov, Samara and finally Ufa where M5 meets M7.

So, the question is? what dou you think about this route? it is interesting? how are the roads? IŽve a Guzzi 1200...

thanks!!
AMT Valencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Dekatria
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Oddometer: 912
What route are you going to take through Europe?
Dekatria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #3
AMT Valencia OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekatria View Post
What route are you going to take through Europe?
We are still thinking about it, we donŽt mind so much, as fast as possible by highway (legal speed), Maybe from Valencia to France, Lyon, Dijon... Germany and Poland or maybe Czech Republic and Slovakia, 3 o 4 (bored) days.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
motoreiter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
AMT, I've been along that route; while it is certainly better than going through Moscow, if you stick to the main roads between cities it will still be rather dull. Buy a map once you're in Russia and take the small roads between the cities and you'll have a much better time, going through little villages, etc. I had a really good time doing this in 2008. Be prepared to get lost, though, because signage is not good off of the main roads.

In general the Volga cities are cool; Samara in particular is like a beach town with a big beach on the Volga and a lively promenade with beer tents, girls, etc. Very fun!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #5
AMT Valencia OP
n00b

Thanks Motoreiter... weŽll follow your advice, weŽll have enought time to ride quietly these roads, enjoying the small towns and landcapes...

I see you are living in Moscow, we want to spend three days in the city andwe are looking for a clean and cheap hotel, we donŽt mind if is away of city center, if you know some hotel, please, tell us!!

Thanks!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
BlackSide
Mountains Explorer

Oddometer: 26
Hi AMT,

if you need help in planing the trip through western Ukraine I would be glad to help. I live in Lviv and can suggest interesting route in Carpathians and western Ukraine. Also can join you in Lviv area and show you some paces in Lviv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT Valencia View Post
Hi guys!

We are preparing our summer trip to Russia, we are from Spain and our plan is cross Europe as fast as possible until Ukrania. Discover Ukrania leisurely from west to east. Our final target in Russia is the Ural Bikes factory in Irbyt.

thanks!!
BlackSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
motoreiter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
AMT, just saw your post. I actually don't know much about hotels here other than that generally they are very expensive. I've heard about a hostel called godzillas which is pretty cheap and in the center somewhere, you should be able to find it on google or on this site.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
V Saarela
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT Valencia View Post
Thanks Motoreiter... weŽll follow your advice, weŽll have enought time to ride quietly these roads, enjoying the small towns and landcapes...

I see you are living in Moscow, we want to spend three days in the city andwe are looking for a clean and cheap hotel, we donŽt mind if is away of city center, if you know some hotel, please, tell us!!

Thanks!!!
I use often bookin.com when searcing cheap hotels http://www.booking.com/
You can read reviews about the hotels, if they have private parking etc etc. Mostly in eastern you find doublerooms for about 40-50 euros in middle of centres. If you search hard and can stay bewtween big citys you might found hotels for 20-30 euros.