ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #46
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,570
Sweet!!!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #47
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,220
Its a bit early to show a photo, But we do need to know how many sets we are building.
Here is the first set out of the molds, shown here not completely trimmed.. A bit rough on cosmetics due to the fact we mainly wanted to get these for a fit check and trim line reference. .Finished parts will be clear coated.
The Final parts will be something you are proud to install on your bike. Mounting will be customer provided silicone adhesive.
Pricing is 220 per set plus shipping via paypal. Looks like it wont be an issue to provide gloss or slightly textured/matte finishes.
Please PM if you are interested in getting a set..We will start building units starting tomorrow, building in runs of hopefully 10 sets at a time.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #48
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,570
Are they going to wrap around to the inside of the tank on the edge, or do they end on the front?

(Did that make any sense?)
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #49
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Are they going to wrap around to the inside of the tank on the edge, or do they end on the front?

(Did that make any sense?)
They wrap around the underside and end pretty much flush with the inner leading edge.
I cant really see anything getting to the back side of the tank,wrapping behind the tank also presents some tough(expensive) tooling challenges.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
They wrap around the underside and end pretty much flush with the inner leading edge.
I cant really see anything getting to the back side of the tank,wrapping behind the tank also presents some tough(expensive) tooling challenges.
Agreed, I was just asking.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #51
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives
 
DangerMoney's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Escondido, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Local Group
Oddometer: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Its a bit early to show a photo, But we do need to know how many sets we are building.
Here is the first set out of the molds, shown here not completely trimmed.. A bit rough on cosmetics due to the fact we mainly wanted to get these for a fit check and trim line reference. .Finished parts will be clear coated.
The Final parts will be something you are proud to install on your bike. Mounting will be customer provided silicone adhesive.
Pricing is 220 per set plus shipping via paypal. Looks like it wont be an issue to provide gloss or slightly textured/matte finishes.
Please PM if you are interested in getting a set..
As I previously posted, I'm interested but I have a question. From my car club days I know there are plenty of CF after-market parts. Although they were advertised as CF, they were actually "CF-look" parts: They looked like CF but were purely cosmetic pieces that had none of the structural strength of a "real" protective CF parts. They weren't laid-up with multiple layers, let alone autoclaved.

What are your pieces?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie2wheels
Even so I wouldn't sit there like a shag on a rock, waiting to be punched up the arse into next week by the next negligent drongo who happens to come along.
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #52
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMoney View Post
As I previously posted, I'm interested but I have a question. From my car club days I know there are plenty of CF after-market parts. Although they were advertised as CF, they were actually "CF-look" parts: They looked like CF but were purely cosmetic pieces that had none of the structural strength of a "real" protective CF parts. They weren't laid-up with multiple layers, let alone autoclaved.

What are your pieces?

Good Q and I totally Understand.

You are very correct.. Lots of crap out there.
I detailed the layup schedule precisely earlier in this thread CF,Fiberglass and Kevlar.

I can make an all Kevlar piece if you like??

A bit about myself and my knowledge of Composites.
Before I started Cyclops I spent 25 years as a Composite Toolmaker and eventually a Manager of a high end Composites and prototype facility I also make Carbon Fiber shin and Arm guards used in competition Downhill skiing. Ive done hundreds if not thousands of Boeing, MD,Cessna and others Composite Tooling and Parts.

I do know what I am doing
These parts are not Autoclaved. They are compression molded, Autoclaves are vastly becoming an unnecessary part of Composite fabrication.

Rest assured these parts will provide the protection you need, They may not protect against a gun shot, but will certainly do the trick from a moderate laydown or rock that might fly up or inadvertently poke your tank.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #53
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives
 
DangerMoney's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Escondido, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Local Group
Oddometer: 1,419
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll take a set.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie2wheels
Even so I wouldn't sit there like a shag on a rock, waiting to be punched up the arse into next week by the next negligent drongo who happens to come along.
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #54
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,570
I will also.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #55
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,220
Thanks guys!!
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #56
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives
 
DangerMoney's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Escondido, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Local Group
Oddometer: 1,419
Paypal sent. Check your PMs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie2wheels
Even so I wouldn't sit there like a shag on a rock, waiting to be punched up the arse into next week by the next negligent drongo who happens to come along.
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #57
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Hampshire, UK
Oddometer: 919
you have a PM :)

cheers

Markie
__________________
- "Dad, when I grow up I want to ride motorbikes like you do." -------- "Son, you can't do both."
- Only bikers understand why dogs like to stick their heads out of car windows.
markie_wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #58
Questor
More Undestructable
 
Questor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar, CA.
Oddometer: 4,105
PM sent....

Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #59
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,220
Thanks Guys..
I'm building these in lots to save on labor.otherwise the price would need to be higher..We based the pricing on doing 10 sets at a time. So far we have few that have come threw, Much appreciated.
. I can't say when we might do another run.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #60
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,570
Money sent!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014