Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #16
Vinduroman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Thanks TC and Dragon43!

OLEARY:

You're another one of the reasons I decided on a WR250R. In fact, there have been several: You, 10Cup, Boogn1ish, Bigdog, Krabill and Highfive. I figured SURELY all of these guys can't be delusional!! Boog's ride videos let me see vicariously just what the WR was capable of once out in the rough.

What really helped me decide the WR would be the best bike for me was my wife's newfound enjoyment of DS'ing via her new bike. I'm much more comfortable with the thought of taking a WR into some of our new DS'ing concepts than I would have been a KTM 350 EXC-F

Can't wait!

Shame I have to work for a living! (Would be fun to go ride it all week!)

OH... and that guy at Oark:

He's a chap that sometimes shows up and plays the banjo/whatever-it-is at the General Store. Last Saturday he was there as we were leaving to head for home. After supper, as we left the General Store, there was another regional couple that was looking over the wife's bike on our trailer when guitar man rode up. The couple was interested in a 230L for his wife. As they were looking Sharon's over, up rode guitar man. We all ended up chatting bikes n' stuff for a while before Sharon and I headed for Oklahoma.

Vinduroman
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,531
Thumb Same boat

We are in about the same boat.

I had just about convinced myself that I deserved a 450/500 EXC for my return to dual sporting. (although the WRR was on my list of contenders)
Then my wife surprised me by registering for the MSF BRC and a renewed interest in riding.
So it looks like I will be buying a pair of WRRs when the car, that we bought our daughter to go to college, is paid for this year.
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460

It sounds like you made a very sound decision, on very good bike. I bet you enjoy riding it a lot, and haivng the wife a long makes it just that much more special. I have not ridden a WR 250 but they sure have been teasing me to try out. As far as gearing to me a very low first can't be beat, heck you can always shift up. Sure beats slipping the clutch in tight stuff or when you are buried in the mud. Enjoy your new ride!
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
Vinduroman OP
Studly Adventurer

Is it Saturday yet????

Vinduroman
Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
Harvey Krumpet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
Oh bollocks!
Just when I had decided that a DRZ 400E was the bike for me to accompany my missus on her DT you post this thread.
And did somebody mention 75mph? I only need 70.
Feck. Arse. Cobblers.
Harvey Krumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #21
Vinduroman OP
Studly Adventurer

TOMORROW IS SATURDAY!!!!

Had a mini-drama this week. Here's the story:

It was looking like I would NOT be able to pick it up this Saturday.

Problem was that Yamaha is out of 2012 WR250R's at the distributor level here regionally.

Thus, my dealer tried to do a "dealer transfer" among regional dealers with WR250R's in stock. Couldn't find a dealer willing to part with their 2012's. (Even though most had been on the showroom floor 6-7 months. Go figure!)

Anyway, the regional Yamaha rep got involved and he was to pick one up at another regional dealer and transport to my dealer. Unfortunately, this possibly meant the bike would not arrive at my dealer until sometime Saturday afternoon. Trouble was, I've got to leave for work at 2 PM on Saturday. (Rare) So, it was gonna' be close IF it could happen.

If it couldn't have happened in time on Saturday, it would have been TUESDAY before I would have the chance to head to the dealer to pick up my new WR250R. (They're closed on Monday's.)

That so, that would have meant TWO days of lost riding opportunities!!! (Sunday afternoon and Monday.)

BUT...

The rep came through in spades and the bike will at the shop in the morning... and I should be able to pick it up shortly thereafter.

YIPPEEE!

Can't wait!

(Going to be a long night. Can you tell I'm excited???? )

Vinduroman
Old 05-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

No Problem

Heck I don't see much of a problem. You could of just paid for it and one of your friends would of picked it up for you, and rode it till you got home. Might of even had a couple friends help keep the motor warm for you. I know I would of done that for a friend.

You will need to share with us what you think of your new ride, enjoy it when you get off from work.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Vinduroman OP
Studly Adventurer

Didn't happen.

Got to be assembled, etc. Leave for work in less than hour. Bummer.

Oh well.

Vinduroman
Old 05-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #24
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Work

Don't you hate it when that darn work stuff cuts into your fun time. I bet you enjoy the heck out of it on Tuesday.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #25
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey don't forget to go pick up your new bike. Thought I would remind you, since you probably haven't been thinking about it, but every second. Let us know how you like it.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
jglow
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 390
Good call on the WR250r Vinduroman . I am in the same boat as you. I do a ton of DS riding with my wife, but I also needed my bike to be able to go ride with the boys as well. My WR250r has done everything I could ever ask of it. Single track to multi-day cross country trips. It is durable as hell too . Congrats on the new bike (hopefully today is the day you get to pick it up), and maybe we will see y'all in the woods one day .

Jordan
jglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
Vinduroman OP
Studly Adventurer

Well, I'm hoping I don't regret it. Unfortunately, there's a bit of "drama" involved at this point in regards to taking delivery. This additional "drama" is wearing thin. I'll wait until this all plays out before I post a "here's what happened" post.

One thing is at the "Definite Maybe" status: Weekend high is forecast to be in the 70's. I'm going riding, with our without, the WR250R. Hopefully Ol' Faithful (my '90 XR250R) will have one more good ride left in it before I decide what to do with it.

Vinduroman
Old 05-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #28
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Happen

Sorry it didn't happen today, sounds like there could be a few flys in the strainer pad. Hope things get straightened out soon, as I think you made a great choice with the 250.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #29
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,586
This has been built up way too much, we'll definitely need pics.

p.s. I might just end up with a WR in the garage myself at some point.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #30
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,519
Pardon my french but if you're having a problem with the yammie dealer screw 'em! Take you're biddness to another dealer.