Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #151
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair View Post
BTW a pox on anyone who mentions the 49'ers, Raiders, Chargers, or the Seahawks. Following anyone of thoses teams would be just like eating glass w/metal shavings.
You would be surprised at what it does for your palate after 30+ years of ingesting it.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #152
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Sorry. Life got busy.

My son had his first flag football game today. Best player on the field. Know any other 4th grade QBs who are doing receiver progressions and checking down to the RB when the WRs are covered? He's good.

Just to catch up...

I think the Saints wiretapping is a BS story. Makes no sense and they've been far too vocal in saying it is crap. I can kind of see how a defense can dip into the murky areas of bounties but this is something else. I don't buy it. Plus, Brees is a classy guy. I wouldn't say I know him but I spent some significant time around him during college. He is a just a classy guy. Made it really tough for me to loathe the Chargers but I managed it.

Favorite team:
Raiders

Teams I will cheer for:
Colts
Packers

Meh teams:
Everyone else I haven't mentioned

Teams that 'allegedly' suck syphilitic, hermaphrodite penis:
Broncos
Patriots
Chargers
Chiefs
Seahawks

I find myself cheering for individual players a lot more recently. I genuinely like Adrian Peterson, Cam Newton, Megatron, any former Purdue guys except Matt Light. And a few others.

I think the Raiders did well in the draft, with what they could. They got some depth where they needed it. Raiders need to get a full set of draft picks but the new GM will get it done.

The Redskins picking Cousins was my biggest WTF moment. Trade up for RG3 and then grab another QB that is just good enough to create controversy? Snyder is the worst owner in the NFL.

I liked the Patriots draft, damn it. How many more years does Brady have? The guys they drafted all have a chance to start. The CBs will compete for logically a single open position but still, that is a great draft.

I don't understand the Bronchokes draft. The reached for every player. Whatever. They'll go far with pissing off their fans with the Tebow trade and their 36 year old QB in a 56 year old body.

I liked the Niners draft. Wow. I think they are loaded for next season. NFC West is theirs to lose.

Do you think anyone doing draft work for the Bears saw the o-line play in 2011? Cutler is going to spend more time on his back than a whore on dollar discount day.

Favorite draft-day moment: I was watching the first round in a bar/restaurant at USC when Matt Kalil was drafted. The place went crazy. I get the feeling he was well-liked.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #153
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,796
Funny Koncha....

The Patriots are in a town near you. They are so damn good they had to start a subsidiary organization in the Midwest. When Scott gets that situated, he will be off to San Diego to open the next franchise and fix that mess.

Oh yeah, get the boy some pads for crying out loud.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #154
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 48,170
Quote:
Yes, however they don't actually make any real contributions until 3-4 years have passed, so why count them now?

Of the remainers, I only see two, three at the most who will be contributing members after camp.

Now, the only remaining question for myself, which team do I follow, the Cards, the Rams, or?

BTW a pox on anyone who mentions the 49'ers, Raiders, Chargers, or the Seahawks. Following anyone of thoses teams would be just like eating glass w/metal shavings.
The 9ers don't belong in that "Raiders, Chargers, or the Seahawks" company.

The more I hear and see about that Jenkins kid the more I like him.
And with 13 picks in next year's draft the 9ers future may, and should, get brighter.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #155
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post

And with 13 picks in next year's draft the 9ers future may, and should, get brighter.
I concur.

The 49ers seem to really be doing interesting things. Building a potential championship team the old fashioned way rather than just via Free Agency.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #156
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Funny Koncha....

The Patriots are in a town near you. They are so damn good they had to start a subsidiary organization in the Midwest. When Scott gets that situated, he will be off to San Diego to open the next franchise and fix that mess.

Oh yeah, get the boy some pads for crying out loud.
"town near you"?

Boston is closer to Washington DC than Indianapolis is to Kansas City. KC hasn't really impressed me this off season but they are playing in a pretty weak division.

We have a pretty good flag league that lasts until 12 years old. Plus, I am not in a hurry to get him into tackle and most of his friends are still in flag. He's learning good fundamentals. He really is very good. I've talked with the parents of a few of his friends and they're thinking about making the move at 12. Looks like they'll all go together.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #157
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
"town near you"?

Boston is closer to Washington DC than Indianapolis is to Kansas City. KC hasn't really impressed me this off season but they are playing in a pretty weak division.

We have a pretty good flag league that lasts until 12 years old. Plus, I am not in a hurry to get him into tackle and most of his friends are still in flag. He's learning good fundamentals. He really is very good. I've talked with the parents of a few of his friends and they're thinking about making the move at 12. Looks like they'll all go together.
I think Flag is a good way to start kids out. 12 for transition seems about right to me.

I'm with you on picking players over teams. That's the only thing I do in the NBA- don't have a team, will sometimes pick a player and cheer for him.

Right now I'm hoping that Bubba Forrest (Safety) makes it with Cincinnati. He signed as an UDFA. He was one of the few bright spots on the Lobos last year. Played hard when many players had quit. Played hurt. Solid player, MWC All Conf honorable mention. (I think he was jobbed due to the Lobos sucking so badly)

Plus his Mom's cute and friendly met her by happenstance at the first game of 2011. Plus he's a NM boy, Dad and other relatives played for UNM too.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #158
AC Swank
Banned

Oddometer: 9,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post

As a Ram fan from the early 60's, I place the 49'ers at the bottom, but that's just my unbiased opinion.
AC Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #159
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
As a Ram fan from the early 60's, I place the 49'ers at the bottom, but that's just my unbiased opinion.
Was that when they were still in Cleveland?

actually its funny-- I thought the Rams were home grown, but I was going to make a joke... turns out they were an import.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #160
]I)Money
D NOT I

Oddometer: 3,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I concur.

The 49ers seem to really be doing interesting things. Building a potential championship team the old fashioned way rather than just via Free Agency.
I kind of follow them because they've cornered the market on monster defensive players from Missouri named Smith

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #161
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,840
When I develop the pox, I'll come share it with you...
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #162
AC Swank
Banned

Oddometer: 9,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Was that when they were still in Cleveland?

actually its funny-- I thought the Rams were home grown, but I was going to make a joke... turns out they were an import.
I had several of these posters in my room while growing up.

Then of course everyone I knew called this guy coach.

AC Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #163
koncha

How should I feel about Leinart backing up in Oakland?

I mean, he has been mediocre his entire career except for the 54 seconds he was a starter last season. I think the #2 QBwill start at some point this season.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 AM   #164
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

The longest yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
How should I feel about Leinart backing up in Oakland?

I mean, he has been mediocre his entire career except for the 54 seconds he was a starter last season. I think the #2 QBwill start at some point this season.

He's one of many that seem to have had their greatest success playing for that semi-pro team in LA.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #165
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

After we get done mocking Tampa Bay they show us by doing something like this.

Bucs sign paralyzed DT LeGrand

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Paralyzed defensive tackle Eric LeGrand has been signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
LeGrand broke two vertebrae and suffered a serious spinal cord injury on Oct. 16, 2010 during a kickoff return against Army. His coach at Rutgers then, Greg Schiano, now is coach of the Bucs.
Schiano called LeGrand's mother in New Jersey to let her know of his intention the night before breaking the news to his former player.
"I said, `Are you serious? You want to do this? He said: `It's the least we could do,"' LeGrand said Wednesday during a conference call. "I said I don't even know what to say to you right now, coach. This is amazing.
"It's something I always dreamed about, go to the NFL and retire and become a sportscaster," LeGrand added. "Dreams do come true if you really believe. You do the right things in life, good things happen to you. He really just did this out of the kindness of his heart. It's really what he wanted to do. I had no idea this was going to happen."
LeGrand became an inspiration to teammates at Rutgers, eventually being able to stand upright with the help of a metal frame. He resumed his studies via video conferences for the 2011 spring semester, and on Oct. 29, 2011, led the Scarlet Knights onto the field before a game. He also has done some broadcast work for the school.
Schiano called the signing a "small gesture ... to recognize his character, spirit and perseverance."
"The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men," Schiano, who left Rutgers for Tampa Bay in January, said in a statement released by the Bucs.
The coach said he couldn't help but think about LeGrand while preparing for last week's NFL draft.
The defensive tackle would have been a senior last season and may well have been a selection if hadn't been injured during his junior year.
"It's a symbolic gesture. They can't give me any money with the salary cap and all that kind of stuff," LeGrand said. "It's symbolic, something coach wanted to do and I appreciate that. It just shows the man that he is."
LeGrand is on pace to graduate from Rutgers in the fall and hopes to pursue a career in broadcasting. He said he has not spoken with Schiano about a possible role within the Buccaneers organization in the future.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1tjOn5ckh

Great job Tampa. You just made "Tier Two"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: