Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #16
saito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgedaman View Post
We have a place here who sells all Sharks ,mostly S800s for $69..Apperently Shark closed distributorship here and the vendors just wanna get rid of them.
that and the S800 is an old model so that drop in price.
saito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #17
AusSteve2712
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyla View Post
Hello

I have orderd a Arai Tour helmet from Fc-Moto and having problems right now getting it right, mail kontakt is not there strong side so far.
I will update when we this come too an end of this story.
Good luck with that one, here is my experience with fc-moto de To anyone considering using this company please read my experience...
In my experience I would say they are, at best, totally incompetent & at worst dishonest. I am in Oz & ordered 2 helmets on Dec. 18th. 2011. I got a confirmation e-mail back straight away telling me my order "'is in process''. Then nothing, after about six weeks I e-mailed them as my card hadn't been debited and on 16 Jan this

"" the helmets are not on stock they arrived in March. We send them as soon as possible when we get them."" I graciously advised them that I would think it normal to advise there is a 3 month wait when taking the order!! On March 15 I e-mailed again asking what was happening, mainly because they had asked me to rate the purchase I hadn't received! On March 24 I receive Hello,

We have send your order.

Thanks

Big on words hey? They also attached a DHL tracking number. On 20 April I e-mailed again because the status on the tracking number hadn't changed. I also e-mailed DHL who simply sent the tracking number back? On 26 April DHL (Deutsche Post) told me that tracking number had left Frankfurt on Feb. 18th. bound for Auckland New Zealand!! On 27 April DHL (Deutsche Post) told me they have not processed that package???
During that period I was variously advised by fc-moto de that 1) my package had been sent, 2) ''DHL need a few more days to update the tracking info on their website, that is why we say 14-30 days delivery ''(this was after 38 days & the tracking number status still hadn't changed since March 24th) !!! 3) "'Your order is in process''.
Then May 1 I get this, ''please excuse for waiting. Your order is in process. We donīt have this Items in stock, they are ordered by the producer. We will try to send as soon as possible, when the Items arrive us.'"

Want to think I'm ticked off, you bet. I have written them & invited them to explain their continual dishonesty & what the tracking number was all about. I have lodged a claim with Visa and, dependant on fc-moto's reply I will decide whether or not to demand a refund from them. The helmets are a good price but this mob is major shonky. I would certainly warn you to avoid them!!!
AusSteve2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #18
AusSteve2712
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshan2044 View Post
Hey Fellow Bikers !
I was looking for a descent trustworthy place in Europe (online) from whom I can order an Helmet. The only one that I found was this website called www.fc-moto.de ....but further search on that revealed they take a lot of time for the order processing and cases of wrong dispatches are quite common.

Can somebody recommend a good online helmet(Riding gear) buying website in Europe or worldwide who ships to Europe for minimum money ? ( I am in Netherlands )
To anyone considering using this company please read my experience...
In my experience I would say they are, at best, totally incompetent & at worst dishonest. I am in Oz & ordered 2 helmets on Dec. 18th. 2011. I got a confirmation e-mail back straight away telling me my order "'is in process''. Then nothing, after about six weeks I e-mailed them as my card hadn't been debited and on 16 Jan this

"" the helmets are not on stock they arrived in March. We send them as soon as possible when we get them."" I graciously advised them that I would think it normal to advise there is a 3 month wait when taking the order!! On March 15 I e-mailed again asking what was happening, mainly because they had asked me to rate the purchase I hadn't received! On March 24 I receive Hello,

We have send your order.

Thanks

Big on words hey? They also attached a DHL tracking number. On 20 April I e-mailed again because the status on the tracking number hadn't changed. I also e-mailed DHL who simply sent the tracking number back? On 26 April DHL (Deutsche Post) told me that tracking number had left Frankfurt on Feb. 18th. bound for Auckland New Zealand!! On 27 April DHL (Deutsche Post) told me they have not processed that package???
During that period I was variously advised by fc-moto de that 1) my package had been sent, 2) ''DHL need a few more days to update the tracking info on their website, that is why we say 14-30 days delivery ''(this was after 38 days & the tracking number status still hadn't changed since March 24th) !!! 3) "'Your order is in process''.
Then May 1 I get this, ''please excuse for waiting. Your order is in process. We donīt have this Items in stock, they are ordered by the producer. We will try to send as soon as possible, when the Items arrive us.'"

Want to think I'm ticked off, you bet. I have written them & invited them to explain their continual dishonesty & what the tracking number was all about. I have lodged a claim with Visa and, dependant on fc-moto's reply I will decide whether or not to demand a refund from them. The helmets are a good price but this mob is major shonky. I would certainly warn you to avoid them!!!
AusSteve2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #19
Berin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Sounds like a bad experience with FC moto. I've ordered several things (but not helmets) from biker-land.de, it's always arrived really quickly, good communication and when I've asked questions prior to ordering they've always been answered really quickly too. Having said that I really like to try helmets on in the store, and if I can buy it there, even if it's a few ppunds more, as they've put the effort into stocking it and helping with the fitting etc.
Berin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #20
Simon Smith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berin View Post
Sounds like a bad experience with FC moto. I've ordered several things (but not helmets) from biker-land.de, it's always arrived really quickly, good communication and when I've asked questions prior to ordering they've always been answered really quickly too. Having said that I really like to try helmets on in the store, and if I can buy it there, even if it's a few ppunds more, as they've put the effort into stocking it and helping with the fitting etc.

Quite agree about trying things on, but luckily for me Helmet City are only a five minute ride or a 20 minute walk from my house.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
C5!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
icasque and designer helmets

I bought a child helmet from http://www.icasque.com/Casque-moto/ and had it shipped to venezuela.
they sent the wrong color. I informed them and they just shipped me a new one, never asked to have the first one returned. talk about after-sale service !!

Later I bought a new inside liner for a Schubert C2, they sent the wrong size.... informed them and they shipped me instantly the right size.

I thought that if the always make that kind of mistakes they will not be long time in business, but I see they are still there..

I also bough a helmet from here and no problem either http://www.designerhelmets.com/

the first one is in france, the second in the UK
C5! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Oddometer: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Smith View Post
Quite agree about trying things on, but luckily for me Helmet City are only a five minute ride or a 20 minute walk from my house.
+1 Helmet city

Take a ride down to westbay - they will match online prices - call first to check though
http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/aboutus.aspx

Get $5 off Smugmug - use this code NxRfLxbR5xhlE
Bryn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote