Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #16
repeters
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrazyrn View Post
My dad died in 2004 with PC at age 62
I would love to get in/ride along on this in CO. I am a night shift ER RN and will be off April 26-May 2 (too late for me to get out of some days).
Not able to post on forums on the site yet, but did see that it is looking like Grand Junction around the 23rd?
Need to find out where they will be during the time I am off. Like to take along my 9 yr old son, too.
Looks like Chuck is going to the Governor's Office in Denver on Thursday morning (April 26) ... I'm sure he would like to have some company if anyone is in the area and can go too.
repeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #17
dacrazyrn
ED RN Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
I'll shoot him an email and find out what time he plans on it
Being a night shift worker makes mornings hard.
'09 BMW F800GS-Fate Honeyed GSabelle
dacrazyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
dacrazyrn
ED RN Adventurer

Looks like Chuck is heading out Tues AM. Anyone know time and route? Shot him an email a bit ago, but he may be busy prepping.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #19
repeters
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrazyrn View Post
Looks like Chuck is heading out Tues AM. Anyone know time and route? Shot him an email a bit ago, but he may be busy prepping.
Opps ... looks like we missed you :-( But the good news is that the ride has reached Oklahoma City and is headed eastward. You can follow the ride live at

http://bit.ly/ProstateCancerPonyExpressLive

And daily posts are on Facebook if you do that sort of thing
http://www.facebook.com/ProstateCancerPonyExpress

Maybe you could catch the ride when it goes west again through Cheyenne, WY. That will be somewhere around June 26- July 1 if that fits your schedule (and we can be flexible ...) Why not sign up for a leg and be a part of history ... the first national ride for prostate cancer awareness.

http://prostatecancerponyexpress.websitetoolbox.com/

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #20
mishaparem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by George 99 View Post
Leg Ride Dates
Leg 13 - Phoenix, AZ to San Diego, CA from Apr. 06, 2012 to Apr. 09, 2012
Leg 14 - San Diego, CA to Los Angeles, CA from Apr. 09, 2012 to Apr. 10, 2012
Leg 15 - Los Angeles, CA to Honolulu, HI from Apr. 10, 2012 to Apr. 12, 2012
Leg 16 - Honolulu, HI to San Francisco, CA from Apr. 12, 2012 to Apr. 16, 2012
Leg 17 - San Francisco, CA to Sacramento, CA from Apr. 16, 2012 to Apr. 17, 2012
Leg 18 - Sacramento, CA to Carson City, NV from Apr. 17, 2012 to Apr. 19, 2012
My dad died from prostate cancer Apr. 08, 2012. I was doing funeral, cremation, and ash scattering while all this was going on in California. Would have joined under other circumstances, but then again I only found this post right now. Anyone know if/when there will be another in CA?
mishaparem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
dacrazyrn
ED RN Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaparem View Post
My dad died from prostate cancer Apr. 08, 2012. I was doing funeral, cremation, and ash scattering while all this was going on in California. Would have joined under other circumstances, but then again I only found this post right now. Anyone know if/when there will be another in CA?
I see you got in contact on the main website. Hope you get what ya need. The website isn't a lot of help in finding what, when, and where.

Going to look into the Lincoln, NE to Cheyenne part coming in June. Means going to Lincoln first though. Anymore info on that part yet, Rob (the one with all the answers )?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #22
repeters
Adventurer

So sorry to hear about your father ... very tragic and my heart is sad for you and your family. We plan to be riding again next year in Califonia and will try and keep you updated on our plans.

But the ride is still going on this year and maybe you can help us spread the word. We still need riders in the west ... WY, ID, OR, MT, ND, SD etc. And we post our progress daily on Facebook ... just google Prostate Cancer Pony Express.

Hope today is a good one ... all the best,

Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaparem View Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
repeters
Adventurer

It would be wonderful if you could do the leg from Lincoln, NE to Cheyenne. I'm on the verge of being able to be more certain on those dates as I get the riders before Lincoln to commit to a date.

At this time I would make every effort to get a date that would work into your schedule. The general times for the Lincoln to Cheyenne leg is June 22-26. But those dates could be sooner or later ... depending on your schedule and the schedules of the riders before you.

I will make every effort to give you a date you can ride.

Thanks!

================================================== =

Going to look into the Lincoln, NE to Cheyenne part coming in June. Means going to Lincoln first though. Anymore info on that part yet, Rob (the one with all the answers )?[/QUOTE]
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
repeters
Adventurer

Springfield IL to Jefferson City

Can someone ride this leg on or about June 3?
Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #25
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,692
I just got back from riding the Memphis to Nashville leg and got a chance to meet Dick, Joe, and Paul. They are a great group of guys and Dick is very passionate about this cause, and for good reason.

I don't have any connection to prostate cancer, fortunately, but seeing Dick talk about his experience and about people he has known drew me in.

This is a Good Thing and I had a blast on the ride and meeting the guys. I urge others from ADV to get involved. If you can pull off a leg or half a leg, I know Dick would be grateful.

Here we are at the TN state capitol, handing off the bag.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #26
George 99 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Good on ya, Jamie. Hope other peeps take yur advice and join in... between ADVRiders and ST-Owners we've done a lot for the success of this project.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
repeters
Adventurer

Just to update everyone on the ride ... we've crossed the country two times and are currently headed toward Indianapolis. We are scheduled to ride to Springfield, IL on June 2. We also have riders for the leg to Jefferson City and on to Des Moines.

From there we lack riders to the west from Lincoln to Cheyenne to Boise to Salem. If we can fill those legs we will have crossed the country three times!!!

Of course we also need help in the northern tier of states too. Let me know if you can help. Like George said ... the ADV riders and ST riders have been great. I met Jamie in Nashville and took the bag through the southeast. I'm finally home after a couple of weeks of riding and hope you all can help the ride to continue on in the west.

It's for a good cause ... prostate cancer killed almost 34,000 men last year. Let's get the word out ... hope you all can ride with us when we come through your area.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #28
repeters
Adventurer

Des Moines to Lincoln

We need someone to ride from Des Moines to Lincoln. We are carrying a messenger bag to every state capitol and can be flexible on the time you do it. Riders are taking the bag from Jefferson City to Des Moines around June 3 or 4. If you live in the Des Moines area or know someone who does, we need your help. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #29
repeters
Adventurer

Lincoln, NE

Thanks guys ... we now have a rider to go from Des Moines to Lincoln on June 4 or so.

If you are following along ... we now need for someone to go from Lincoln, NE to Cheyenne, WY. It's for a good cause (and you will be a part of history!) The first ride to every state capitol for prostate cancer.

Can you help us out? Or maybe just post a word of encouragement? Thanks everyone!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #30
Wdwrkr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,833
Might be willing to run one of the new England legs if you need riders send me a PM to discuss it if you do

Pete
Wdwrkr is offline   Reply With Quote