Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #2701
gbg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
So finally got to watch the race. Seems like the 450 class is missing its superstars when Dungey can be taken out 6 laps before the end, losing 10-15 seconds, and then catch/pass 2nd and 1st place.

I'm a fan of Tomac. Fast and races clean. The East/West shootout will be interesting in the lights class.

On another note, how long before Stewart loses his contract? This week? Next week? Definitely before the end of the year.
Loses his contract? They can't fire him for not winning or being hurt and reportedly his contract doesn't require him to race the outdoors. Reportedly he is negotiating to get out of his contract because he wants out and will likely take a pay cut to do it. There's no question that James has had issues for the past few years, but you have to give him credit, he races to win and is willing to do whatever he thinks he needs to to get back to the top of the podium.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #2702
gbg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

So, did anyone say what happened To Roczen? I was hoping for two KTMs on the podium.
He races 250 east and has been racing 450s for just the west rounds. I read that he was off this week to get focused on the 250 for the Las Vegas east/west shootout.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #2703
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbg View Post
There's no question that James has had issues for the past few years, but you have to give him credit, he races to win and is willing to do whatever he thinks he needs to to get back to the top of the podium.
I think he STILL has issues. Seems like the last two teams he's been with, he blames the bike setup for all his problems. Looks to me like he just crashes a lot more than the other fast guys do, its as simple as that. Didn't he win a race or two this year? Bike was fine for that race, but the key thing was he didn't crash. Most of the other races, he yard-saled it, or got a horrible start, and that's why he didn't win. I remember one race I noticed how bad his reaction time was out of the gate... and he was dead last after the first turn. How's that a bike setup problem? I think he's past his prime and just looking for excuses. Atleast he's got the reality show.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #2704
gbg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
Looks to me like he just crashes a lot more than the other fast guys do, its as simple as that. Didn't he win a race or two this year? Bike was fine for that race, but the key thing was he didn't crash. Most of the other races, he yard-saled it, or got a horrible start, and that's why he didn't win. w.
Oh, just get good starts and don't crash. I wonder why James didn't think of that? There no doubt that he has a "checkers or wrecker" mentality. Lots of guys get bad starts, don' t crash, and don't win every week. In most cases I don't think it' a matter of James not winning because he crashed. Rather he crashed because he is trying so hard (too hard?) to win.

I don't think it's the bike either, and I'm not even a Stewart fan, but I do respect his desire to win. There's a lot of guys racing each week who don't expect to win, and aren't willing to try anything to win. James isn't one of them.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #2705
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
The only way Stewart will get his head head in the game is when when it is his money on the line. Might be sooner than later with the stuff he has been doing.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #2706
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
The Yamaha sucks.

I laughed out loud a few rounds back when Fro was commenting on Davie Milsaps, "looks like they have finally got that Yamaha sorted out." Two seconds later Milsaps goes over the bars for no apparent reason.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #2707
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,759
Spotted in Vegas.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #2708
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
Spotted in Vegas.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #2709
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
The Yamaha sucks.

I laughed out loud a few rounds back when Fro was commenting on Davie Milsaps, "looks like they have finally got that Yamaha sorted out." Two seconds later Milsaps goes over the bars for no apparent reason.
That was pretty great timing on their part...on the other hand what does it say for Yamaha if he (Davi) pulls off a 2nd place in the championship...
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #2710
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,525
The problem for Yamaha is that if Davi does get second in points, that is still with 4 of the fastest riders sitting some or most of the series out, and it would seem to be the best the bike can do. So I wouldn't sit back and gloat to much...

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #2711
ADK
abluted

Oddometer: 8,167
Thumb

Vegas finale live @10 Eastern.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #2712
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,886
Quote:

I don't think it's the bike either, and I'm not even a Stewart fan, but I do respect his desire to win. There's a lot of guys racing each week who don't expect to win, and aren't willing to try anything to win. James isn't one of them.
at this point you'd have to say. bullshit. Stewart has had plenty of chances this year to show how much he wants to win and the proof is in the pudding. thinking you want to win is not the same as a burning desire to win. Chad Reed has a burning desire to win and it shows. Look no further than Millville last year for that flavor of pudding. I was real big on James Stewart when I got back into actively following MX/SX right around the time RC retired. Yes he was mercurial at the time but his results the past few years are pathetic.

Jack Nicklaus won a lot of majors and a lot of people would like to have his results for the ones he DIDN'T win. If he didn't win in the 70's a bad day for him was 3rd or 4th when he didn't finish 2nd one stroke behind some son of a bitch who was winning his only major.

Stewart has become a sideshow if he was a pro golfer he'd be taking 6's and 8's on every hole he didn't somehow get on in regulation and par.

That is not a desire to win. That is a scatterbrain with more interest in too many distractions and he can't even shine Chad Reeds shoes at this point.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #2713
BADDAD
" Bitter Clinger "

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Loses his contract? They can't fire him for not winning or being hurt and reportedly his contract doesn't require him to race the outdoors. Reportedly he is negotiating to get out of his contract because he wants out and will likely take a pay cut to do it. There's no question that James has had issues for the past few years, but you have to give him credit, he races to win and is willing to do whatever he thinks he needs to to get back to the top of the podium.

JS7 can be fired for not performing, any pro can be, he also can be fired for not showing up for work, not answering phone calls/texts, not fulfilling sponsor obligations all of which Stewart has done most recently according to Albrecht.
When your boss lays down millions of $$$$$ and you become a major assbag you should be shown the door!!!

Stewart is just one more arrest away from becoming the next JLAW.

I hope he goes full on owner/rider that way all the excuses go away.

PLAN B SUCKS

When you don't know what you are doing you might as well do it quickly
BADDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #2714
shocker4her
When I am King

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
the problem for yamaha is that if davi does get second in points, that is still with 4 of the fastest riders sitting some or most of the series out, and it would seem to be the best the bike can do. So i wouldn't sit back and gloat to much...
+1

CRF450X(plated)
YZ 250
Don't blame me I didn't vote for the lawyer
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #2715
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s

Oddometer: 1,848
Thank God!! hopefully that's the last time we hear Gitty Your Ride On...

Carbuncle has his zipper jacket on... someday he'll grow into it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote