The Official Micatech Luggage Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Micatech, May 27, 2010.

1. super8mm

super8mm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I saw that one but was wondering just how far over the pilots the top case sits, as close as that pic is it thought it might be distorted some. Like is there any usable room on top to the cases?

If I revise my order monday morning can I get it on the same shipment? :D
  2. Micatech

Micatech Motorcycle Luggage

Oddometer:
    We'll do some digging in the photo archives on Monday morning. Give us a call on Monday, we'll get your shipment squared away :wink:
  3. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Here's a sneak peek of something we've been working on... Still in the prototype stages, but we think it's looking pretty clean! For those who want lots of storage space and want it close to the bike, this might do the trick.

[​IMG]
  4. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't own Micatech luggage YET, but I can tell you that customer service is outstanding. I've been pestering them with phone calls and emails trying to figure out whether I want 8 or 10" cases, if I can pick them up, when I can pick them up, if they can loan me tools to install, whether I can try on different sizes on the bike when I come up to pick them up, etc. etc. etc. Sue has been great with getting back to my many emails and helping me keep things straight.

In addtion to Micatech, I've contacted Twisted Throttle (for the TraX cases), Happy Trail(s), Jesse Luggage, Touratech and Caribou and and hands-down Micatech has had the best customer service! :clap That ended up being the biggest factor that swayed me to pick Micatech.

A installation pictures and a review will come in a couple of weeks, after a quick ride up to Hillsboro New Hampshire.
  5. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    +1

Best customer service from any US based company I have bought from.
  6. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Thanks zeeede! Looking forward to your visit :D
  7. Micatech

Oddometer:
  8. Cromoth

Cromoth fan of the magic carpet ride

Oddometer:
    Are you having an open house type event in the Fall? :freaky
    Forgot where I saw it but if you are, consider a new thread so it's easy to find vs buried in this long thread. :deal
  9. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's a good lookin' Vee! :clap

I'm loving my cases, and the customer service at Micatech is outstanding. Dunno where else you can have the owner of the company help with the install while the guys who built the cases admire your bike!

I'll be doing a full write-up on my experiences in the days to come...

10. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Open house and a dual sport ride! Details to follow :wink:. Good thinking with a new thread, we'll do that!

Thanks, zeeede! Looking forward to your write up :deal
  11. Micatech

Oddometer:
    We're developing our famous Pilot Mounting System for the Triumph Tiger 800. Here's a shot of the prototype 10" V-Pilot cases. The Pilot Mounting System in conjunction with an exhaust cutout yields a system that is very spacious yet very narrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. ironbutt

ironbutt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wow, this set-up is really slick! And with the side loading bags, you get a lot more flexibility for the rear top box. On the Tenere, when top loaders are tucked in tight, you are limited in size or mounting with what you can do with the top box. The Micatech's solve that problem. Nice!

Mike
  13. GregPoole

GregPoole Gnarly Coot

Oddometer:

YES !!! :super
  14. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:
    any chance you will be making V Pilot cases with the Pilot Mounting system?
  15. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    It looks like that's exactly what this is.
  16. Micatech

Oddometer:
    Hey BobLoblaw,
    Good question. The photos above show the pilots. We are working on V-Pilots as well. They are looking to be ready this summer.
  17. Micatech

Oddometer:
    We are on the road and headed to the Spring Fling at Natural Bridge, Virginia, this weekend. Sponsored by Morton's BMW of Fredericksburg, the weekend includes camping, seminars, BBQ and some of the finest riding in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Stop by to see our new line of accessories, Excel Cycle Werkes. Hope to see y'all there!
  18. Micatech

Oddometer:
    We hate to do it but, effective July 1, we will be increasing the price on our motorcycle luggage. We have kept our prices constant for many years but the increased costs for materials, labor and fuel necessitate the increase.

Our cases are of the highest quality. They are still an excellent value and priced competitively. Call before July 1 to order a set before the prices go up! (Prices on the website have been increased. Prices in the shopping cart remain low until July 1)

<strong>Rally Update</strong>
    We'll be at the 40th Anniversary Rally of the MOA Club in Sedalia, Missouri, July 19-22. It's going to be a big one with terrific door prizes, music, and of course, shopping! Order at the BMW MOA rally and take advantage of free shipping! We will be selling our new product line, Excel Cycle Werkes, and showing all our luggage: Pilots, V-Pilots, V2s, Top Cases, Pack Racks, Backrests, Accessories and more.
  19. GypsyWriter

GypsyWriter Yup, I'm a girl.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pilot panniers on my Rallye. I'm pretty stinking happy with how they turned out. :clap:clap
  20. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    They look great Gypsy