User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
camit34-1 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
To Colorado Springs the back way

After a week long and stupid Windows Server 2008 class I really needed to just get away for a few. Friday after the last class I headed out to the Springs taking the back roads east of I-25. Just about 170 miles so a good little jaunt on some cool little roads and a nice sunset to watch...

My Route -

Headed down a lot of roads that I have no idea what their names are...

This one is my favorite... That's Pikes Peak in the distance.
camit34-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
nordicbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Guess those roads are horribly dangerous: going straight for many miles, and then suddendly a sharp right turn nobody is expacting?

I really like the last picture, great long distance view! I had been in Colorado last year, but just for a week for a technical training. Need to come back, stay an extra week and rent a bike!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,117
Thanks for sharing. I'm riding down to a meeting in Denver in August and afterwards I'm riding to Colorado Springs to visit some friends for a couple days. I will check out your back road route as I HATE interstates with a passion! Actually, this trip will be the first time for me to ever ride a motorcycle on an interstate, so I'll be very happy to take a slight detour and ride on dirt instead. And maybe I'll sing John Denver's song, "Take me home, country roads..."
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
camit34-1 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicbiker View Post
Guess those roads are horribly dangerous: going straight for many miles, and then suddendly a sharp right turn nobody is expacting?

I really like the last picture, great long distance view! I had been in Colorado last year, but just for a week for a technical training. Need to come back, stay an extra week and rent a bike!
Yeah, the roads on the east side of I-25 are mostly straight since it is mostly farm land out that way. Fun none the less but not as fun as the twisties on the west side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives View Post
Thanks for sharing. I'm riding down to a meeting in Denver in August and afterwards I'm riding to Colorado Springs to visit some friends for a couple days. I will check out your back road route as I HATE interstates with a passion! Actually, this trip will be the first time for me to ever ride a motorcycle on an interstate, so I'll be very happy to take a slight detour and ride on dirt instead. And maybe I'll sing John Denver's song, "Take me home, country roads..."
There are many ways to make to CS from Denver with out hitting the highway. I would suggest staying on the west side of I-25 though...those roads are much more fun!

Enjoy!
camit34-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
Gunga Galunga
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
You live in a beautiful place. Good pics, I can see why you went that way, doesn't always have to be curvy.