Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 05:47 AM   #31
topless
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph View Post
Ah, yes, I, too, am going to post about how much smarter I am than the scientists who have dedicated their lives to this because I read an article, once, on the Internet.

Global warming or not,
breathing exhaust fucking sucks
and the less of it out there the better we are.
Then hold your breath.
topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #32
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Ah, yes, I, too, am going to post about how much smarter I am than the scientists who have dedicated their lives to this because I read an article, once, on the Internet.

Global warming or not,
How about the scientists who've declared it a hoax?

If you take a list of "scientists" who're on the Global "Warming" bandwagon; and a list of climate scientists who are taking government money for their work...you'll find pretty much the same list.

Scientists are like anyone else that way - many of them can be bought.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #33
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Quote:

Eating excrement, "sucks," too. But there are organisms dedicated to doing just that.

Excrement is part of life; and life works around it and uses it.

"Exhaust" is just a form of the byproduct of combustion. You know, like forest fires...necessary and vital to woodland health and survival. Plants USE carbon dioxide; without it they DIE. And everything with them.

Confusing science with emotion; and then coming up with junk-science; can also cause a lot of death.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #34
knucklehead90
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:

Global warming or not,
breathing exhaust f****** sucks
Sorry about the edit job - doesn't cussing just make one look unwashed and uneducated?

Anyway - ever heard the term 'hide the decline'? Maybe you haven't - but those boys over in England at CRU certainly have - after all they wrote that very phrase in their very own emails that were outed in 2009 discussing how they were going to 'hide the decline'. Now these boys are 'scientists' if you believe what they say. I say any scientist worth their salt doesn't hide anything - good or bad. Why try to hide the decline? Because it did not fit their agenda. And whats the decline they were discussing? Why the decline in average world temps of course. I linked to Wikipedia so you could familiarize yourself with CRU - and justs for sh*ts and giggles I've linked to an article in ConservaPedia so you could read some of the many examples of how Wikipedia is often biased when it comes to Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW). Do try to read it. After all - I read that Wiki article.

So...is the world warming? By any measure - yes - just not recently. Has the warming taken a 15 year hiatus? Seems it has - and even declined a bit. Is there any reason to lie about it? Only if your vested interests lay in AGW being fact. Since the groups most likely to gain from AGW are scientists politicians and their cronies (taxes and business and grants) does it make sense that these two groups would work hand-in-hand to 'hide the decline'? Of course - there is just too much money in it for each group.

For the record I'm as equally skeptical when it comes to oil funded AGW. They also have their agenda. Neither group seems to have my agenda in mind - the TRUTH.

Real scientists don't make up numbers to hide anything. The facts are CO2 levels in the atmosphere have risen from .034 to .039 parts per million the past 30 years - warming has declined almost one degree Celsius since 1996. The Pacific Ocean temperatures are on a slight decline over all. The Arctic ice is melting as we speak - and have been for the past 10,000 years - ever since that last ice age ended. The sun didn't come out with a BANG suddenly and temps rise to exactly an average of what we find 100 years ago - hardly - but you know these things.

These are facts - along with the CRU's attempts to 'hide the decline'. If you wish to 'offset your carbon footprint' be my guest - but don't expect me to follow - its a fools errand. And Al Gore knows it. He just wanted to be the richest man in the world and is/was willing to screw every man woman and child in the USA to achieve his goals. He's a con man - why else does he avoid debating 'settled science'? Cause he's got a losing hand and he knows it.

Want to discuss warming? Don't come up with 'well there was this guy who was a kid living in Phoenix in the 50's and 60's' crap - subjective memory is just that - subjective. Scrap book stuff at best. Facts are what is important in a discussion - 'hiding the decline' is a distortion of facts - more precisely it should be called lying - fraud if you get public money for distorting 'facts'. Put the CRU crew in jail - that'll cure the 'hiding the decline'. Lets deal in facts - even though they may end a few careers.

And to avoiding breathing exhaust fumes - move out of Seattle. The most liberal city in the state. Why do you think I avoid visiting there whenever I can? And I have two kids living there.

Cages:
1971 Karmann Ghia
2013 VW Jetta TDi Premium

knucklehead90 screwed with this post 05-10-2012 at 08:18 AM
knucklehead90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #35
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
hugemoth huh, not bad. I think they says is use a heat pump above 40 degrees [for y'all don't know what that is its basically using the AC Compressor with a 3 way reversing valve. The condenser [during AC the hot coil] becomes the evaporator [the normal AC cold coil]. The compressing of refrigerant creates heat itself, but the principal is the outside coil collects heat and brings [pumps] it to the warm inside coil. This makes it far more efficiant than a resistance heater. This is common in electric home heaters [many Central AC units also is heat pumps], and many office rooftop ACs are heatpumps as well. Even some winder air conditioners have a heat pump mode. They work quite well.

Still, electric cars face the issue about power companies obvious inability to make enuff power. And worst of all range.

goezer there ain't no global warming no time soon. Climates change cause them sun and weather is always different. I don't think no exhaust will change nothing. And I won't NEVER drive no electric car. I'd rather ride a horse as my main transportation, which ain't that bad for short distances. I'll never drive nothin but my bike, scoot and truck. I guarantee unless gas prices hit over $15 I'll still drive my 460CI F250. If I need to get far I got a 60 MPG Shadow and 85 MPG Elite 150.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #36
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
I'd rather ride a horse as my main transportation, which ain't that bad for short distances. I'll never drive nothin but my bike, scoot and truck. I guarantee unless gas prices hit over $15 I'll still drive my 460CI F250. If I need to get far I got a 60 MPG Shadow and 85 MPG Elite 150.
That horse is just MURDER on the environment!

First...it's not an indigenous species to North America. It's disrupting the FOOD CHAIN!

Then...all that methane...all that grass consumption...it's not NATURAL! it's going to DESTROY THE GRASSLANDS!

And all this...because some people are just too LAZY to WALK!

I share your reaction to the prospect of $15/gallon gasoline. There are two troubles with our reasoning, though: First, the direct cost of transportation, what we individually pay, is the smaller cost. The cost of getting our Cheerios to market, and getting our widgets that we build, to customers...that's the greater cost. Hits everyone, even if you live in a dormitory on the factory site.

Second...seems the Really Bright Boys in Washington...are going to make GASOLINE UNUSABLE. How?...by mandating so much ETHANOL in it, that our bikes and cars won't WORK hardly at all on the rotgut slop! E15 is coming, fast...and scooters won't do well with it. Nor regular bikes. Nor cars...even the few marked "E85" very seldom actually USE E85. That stuff is BAD NOOZE; absorbing water and attacking rubber.

No...no matter how independent we try to be...we're all at the mercy of society; government.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #37
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by topless
Then hold your breath.
This was very useful advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
How about the scientists who've declared it a hoax?

If you take a list of "scientists" who're on the Global "Warming" bandwagon; and a list of climate scientists who are taking government money for their work...you'll find pretty much the same list.

Scientists are like anyone else that way - many of them can be bought.
I didn't comment on which side of the global warming debate I fell on. Certainly, yes, you can find a big group of scientists who take money from vested interests that are seeking to sell global warming. You can also find a big group of scientists who take money from vested interests that are trying to counter them. There are a few billion dollar organizations on both sides, and I'm afraid I haven't spent my life studying climates so it's hard for me to sift through both sides. I imagine the same is true for all of us in this thread: we're armchair scientists at best and at the mercy of what people backed by vested interests are telling us.

Quote:
Eating excrement, "sucks," too. But there are organisms dedicated to doing just that.

Excrement is part of life; and life works around it and uses it.

"Exhaust" is just a form of the byproduct of combustion. You know, like forest fires...necessary and vital to woodland health and survival. Plants USE carbon dioxide; without it they DIE. And everything with them.

Confusing science with emotion; and then coming up with junk-science; can also cause a lot of death.
I wasn't built to eat shit and I also wasn't built to breathe smoke. Plants use CO2 but not CO or any number of other gases that come out of a tailpipe. Refined petroleum products haven't been burned naturally so this sort of argument doesn't quite carry over to this discussion. Unless you have a wood-burning Vespa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead90 View Post
Sorry about the edit job - doesn't cussing just make one look unwashed and uneducated?

Anyway - ever heard the term 'hide the decline'? Maybe you haven't - but those boys over in England at CRU certainly have - after all they wrote that very phrase in their very own emails that were outed in 2009 discussing how they were going to 'hide the decline'. Now these boys are 'scientists' if you believe what they say. I say any scientist worth their salt doesn't hide anything - good or bad. Why try to hide the decline? Because it did not fit their agenda. And whats the decline they were discussing? Why the decline in average world temps of course. I linked to Wikipedia so you could familiarize yourself with CRU - and justs for sh*ts and giggles I've linked to an article in ConservaPedia so you could read some of the many examples of how Wikipedia is often biased when it comes to Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW). Do try to read it. After all - I read that Wiki article.

So...is the world warming? By any measure - yes - just not recently. Has the warming taken a 15 year hiatus? Seems it has - and even declined a bit. Is there any reason to lie about it? Only if your vested interests lay in AGW being fact. Since the groups most likely to gain from AGW are scientists politicians and their cronies (taxes and business and grants) does it make sense that these two groups would work hand-in-hand to 'hide the decline'? Of course - there is just too much money in it for each group.

For the record I'm as equally skeptical when it comes to oil funded AGW. They also have their agenda. Neither group seems to have my agenda in mind - the TRUTH.

Real scientists don't make up numbers to hide anything. The facts are CO2 levels in the atmosphere have risen from .034 to .039 parts per million the past 30 years - warming has declined almost one degree Celsius since 1996. The Pacific Ocean temperatures are on a slight decline over all. The Arctic ice is melting as we speak - and have been for the past 10,000 years - ever since that last ice age ended. The sun didn't come out with a BANG suddenly and temps rise to exactly an average of what we find 100 years ago - hardly - but you know these things.

These are facts - along with the CRU's attempts to 'hide the decline'. If you wish to 'offset your carbon footprint' be my guest - but don't expect me to follow - its a fools errand. And Al Gore knows it. He just wanted to be the richest man in the world and is/was willing to screw every man woman and child in the USA to achieve his goals. He's a con man - why else does he avoid debating 'settled science'? Cause he's got a losing hand and he knows it.

Want to discuss warming? Don't come up with 'well there was this guy who was a kid living in Phoenix in the 50's and 60's' crap - subjective memory is just that - subjective. Scrap book stuff at best. Facts are what is important in a discussion - 'hiding the decline' is a distortion of facts - more precisely it should be called lying - fraud if you get public money for distorting 'facts'. Put the CRU crew in jail - that'll cure the 'hiding the decline'. Lets deal in facts - even though they may end a few careers.

And to avoiding breathing exhaust fumes - move out of Seattle. The most liberal city in the state. Why do you think I avoid visiting there whenever I can? And I have two kids living there.
My comments above indicate my feelings on a lot of this. Honestly, I am prone to believe that global warming is probably happening and is probably influenced (not caused) by the things we as modern civilization burn. HOWEVER - and this is a big however - I don't really care, at least when it comes to vehicle emissions.

There are a lot of other reasons to reduce emissions. Air pollution is real - to the point that you can see it, as smog. And, discussion oil in particular, there are a lot of bad people that make money off oil. OPEC's pricing scheme is based on what Saudi Arabia needs to fund their government. I think we can all agree that giving them less of our money is beneficial for the US. Oil companies and oil speculators make billions of dollars a year in profits - from us. We could keep that money for ourselves if we needed less gas. Screw them. Now, cars and motorbikes are such a tiny fraction of this that they're barely worth discussing.

I will say that using CRU as a reason to debunk all pro-global-warming science is misguided. They are but one group, and I'm sure you can find just as many that never exchange internal emails about covering up data. But not everyone has gotten hacked!

As for the comments about moving out of cities: you'll have to tell that to me and 166 million other Americans. And if we did all move out of our cities we'd come burn gas near your farm and turn your farm into a gassy city. Be careful what you wish for!

Now, I'm backing out of this. Call it cowardice for leaving a debate - I don't care. I don't post here to get sucked into heated political debates, I post here because I freakin' love riding scooters. It wasn't me that posted last night - it was the bourbon! Never again!

Also, Seattle is definitely not the most liberal city in Washington. Bellingham is. Or Olympia (the non-government part).
seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #38
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Quote:
Plants use CO2 but not CO or any number of other gases that come out of a tailpipe. Refined petroleum products haven't been burned naturally so this sort of argument doesn't quite carry over to this discussion. Unless you have a wood-burning Vespa!
Probably - judging by your level of information - you don't know this.

There's a helluva lot of carbon monoxide in wood smoke. Yes, even campfires. And wood-stove fires.

That, too, is a natural part of burning the cellulose that is "wood."
Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #39
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Quote:
I just noticed this.

You have no rides in your signature.

What bikes do you ride?

How do you get around? City bus?

Why are you here? Paid by the letter..."Stimulus" money?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #40
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
I just noticed this.

You have no rides in your signature.

What bikes do you ride?

How do you get around? City bus?

Why are you here? Paid by the letter..."Stimulus" money?
If you clicked on my profile, viewed my post history, or looked at my avatar, you might realize I have a scooter.
seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #41
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Sure.

I'm convinced. Assertions always win the day with me....

Especially from someone who either does not have or wants not to disclose, facts and numbers...

HOW many miles you get out of that Leaf, there? 40 a charge? My Jeep used to get that far, after the gas gauge got pegged on E.

Solar panels have been around for thirty years. And they've failed to meet needs for all those thirty years.

Now we have wind-turbines ALSO not meeting needs and expectations. Which is kinda what happens when expectations are separated from facts and performance tests.
Ummmn...well....ok...WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS AND NUMBERS, to the contrary?
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #42
topless
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Where I live we got wind turbine farms a couple of years ago. Then we got a 26% increase in electric rates to pay for the new transmission lines required to connect them to the existing power grid.
Fact: new cars pollute less than any piece of lawn equipment, lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chain saws, blowers, etc. both scooters I own are fuel injected and have catalytic converters, they don't pollute either.
Electricity cannot be stored, therefore, fa constant supply must be available in order to meet the needs of society and solar, wind and hydroelectric power can only account for about 20% of demand. As I said before you cannot burn anything that wasn't a living plant at some point. The energy released is in effect stored sunlight, and has been part of the Earths ecosystem before. This obsession of liberals to eliminate the use of fossil fuels is nothing a more than a power grab to control population movement. Notice that the same people who are trying to limit fossil fuels do not limit their own usage, just ours. Our President has burned more jet fuel and created more exhaust in the last 3 years, than I will in my entire lifetime, even with all the car racing I did in the past.
topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #43
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by topless View Post
Where I live we got wind turbine farms a couple of years ago. Then we got a 26% increase in electric rates to pay for the new transmission lines required to connect them to the existing power grid.
Fact: new cars pollute less than any piece of lawn equipment, lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chain saws, blowers, etc. both scooters I own are fuel injected and have catalytic converters, they don't pollute either.
Electricity cannot be stored, therefore, fa constant supply must be available in order to meet the needs of society and solar, wind and hydroelectric power can only account for about 20% of demand. As I said before you cannot burn anything that wasn't a living plant at some point. The energy released is in effect stored sunlight, and has been part of the Earths ecosystem before. This obsession of liberals to eliminate the use of fossil fuels is nothing a more than a power grab to control population movement. Notice that the same people who are trying to limit fossil fuels do not limit their own usage, just ours. Our President has burned more jet fuel and created more exhaust in the last 3 years, than I will in my entire lifetime, even with all the car racing I did in the past.

Your scooters either run on water or leg power (even if you only fart = you pollute!)

...and I suggest your learn about BATTERIES for storing electrical energy.
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #44
knucklehead90
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Your scooters either run on water or leg power (even if you only fart = you pollute!)

...and I suggest your learn about BATTERIES for storing electrical energy.
Since you seem to have the facts concerning batteries why didn't you provide a link to those superior batteries? Batteries are not currently the answer - until we're all living in caves and need only lighting batteries aren't the answer. Doesn't mean they won't in the future but for now batteries won't run my heat pump - and my home theater equipment along with the microwave - TV and lights. I'm all about convenience. Lets keep things simple - and convenient.

Cages:
1971 Karmann Ghia
2013 VW Jetta TDi Premium
knucklehead90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #45
hugemoth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,622
For the last 24 years 10 golf cart batteries have powered my whole house and shop, charged by the sun. Among other things they run 2 refrigerators, washing machine, microwave, vacuum cleaner, TV, stereo, DVR, computer, printer, all lights, bench grinder, air compressor, drill press, wire welder, etc..... Lead acid batteries were invented in 1859 so I wouldn't call them new technology.
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote