Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post
Wow, it's been almost two months since I've posted on my own thread! It's been a real whirlwind lately with the MK1 prep (see OregonCoast's thread) and prior to that the Desert 100. As most of you know, we just returned from Baja, after successfully pitting Paul's '72 SL350 against other bikes new and old. The final result was first in class, eighth overall in bikes and the adventure of a lifetime!

The team in Cabo;

Hard to believe my involvement and eventual participation in this all began not long ago with a good friend (my buddy Don) dropping off my old SL350 and saying it was mine, as long as I promised to ride it in vintage races. One thing led to another, and now I'm at home, still decompressing from Mexico and trying to comprehend and appreciate it all. Wow!

As I write this, what I am struck by is how great it has been the last year or so to meet so many new friends and enjoy these great adventures, that all somehow relate back to our mutual love and appreciation for motorcycles. I am truly blessed and thankful, and glad for all of you who have participated, whether at the track, in the shop or just following along here at ADV.

I have not made plans too far in the future, but I do know we are going to rebuild my old twin for the Chehalis Vintage Nationals (as soon as I figure out where my motor is, I think it's in Spokane with Lady Bug! ) and the wife and I are definitely planning on taking the RV up to Odessa next Spring for D100, but not sure yet what I'm going to ride??

Today I started to clean out the shop, it was looking like a cyclone had blown thru, layers of parts and tools everywhere! After that I repaired the fuel pump on the John Deere so I can begin catching up on mowing, and finished the day servicing and washing the Shadow 750, so the wife and I can take a ride tomorrow. In June we are taking the Shadow over to the Hells Canyon Rally just for a good cruise.

Thanks for following along!
I enjoyed your adventure thoroughly. My son was on #5 so I tried to follow as many as I could, but especially the two Honda twins. Congrats to everybody who built and brought that baby home in style.

-P
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote